PDA

View Full Version : Best time in cycle to have a diet break

swish
April 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I am going to do a low everything diet!! My question is, when is the best time during the cycle to take a break and do the French diet. Is it the 2ww or is that a crucial time?? Also can you take a break from the supplements or is that a bad idea.
Thanks

nuthinbutpink
April 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM
With the FG diet, you are not supposed to go off.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't take a break if at all possible. From AF-O you are getting ready to pop out your egg so whatever effect the diet is having on your hormones is of critical importance, and then from O-AF is when the blood glucose stuff is very importatn (skipping breakfast and so on).

If you're going for the French Diet in terms of minerals, I would stay on the supps the entire time. (of course some of the hormonal supps are only supposed to be taken AF-O anyway, as is cranberry/baby aspirin)

Your egg takes 90 days to form so if there is any credence to the notion that the egg is somehow primed by diet/minerals for a sperm of a particular gender (I don't necessarily believe that it is, but IF it is) then the more time you spend off diet and supps, the worse it is for your sway.

swish
April 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you! I think I'm going to the low everything diet. I'm really tempted by the fd as I think it looks so much easier! I'm feeling so unsure as this really is my one shot. What would you do?

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I ~personally~ would do the low-everything diet but you have to go with what your own gut is telling you!