PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely gutted

Northern_Shutterbug
December 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
We've just told me parents over the phone that we're expecting again - I didn't want to do it face to face as I knew my mum's reaction would be down. Suprisingly she thinks I'm mad but offered her congratulations.

Anyway, my mum seems to have this 'gift' of being able to tell the sex of a baby by just looking at the mother - she's been 100% correct, even with two sets of twins (one before the mother even knew it was twins) and triplets, who she said would be ALL boys.

I have never let her tell me with the boys, but I said on the phone that I wanted her to tell me this time when they see me next month, but she said she already knows its a boy :tissue:

When we had DS1 she said we'd go on to have another boy and then a girl, so I've always had this hope that I would get my boy, now its been shattered.

Obviously I want a healthy happy baby before my desired gender, but I really held out some hope it would be a girl, now I've no hope at all.

nuthinbutpink
December 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Honey, she has a coin-toss chance guess each time! Don't let that ruin your day!

Northern_Shutterbug
December 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
But to be 100% right over the past 20 years with probably close to 100 people, gives me the feeling that she'll be right again.

BeadinMom
December 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Well if she's 100% right, you should be thrilled...
Didn't she say initially that you'd have 2 boys then a girl??
Either she was wrong then or shes wrong now...either way, I wouldn't put stock in it.
Please enjoy your pregnancy...you have just as much a chance at a girl as anyone else!! <3

Bigwish
December 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Please, hang on to the fact that she didn't see you, as you were telling that she knows gender based on how the mother looks, right? Or does SEE means that she is kind of a psychic? is it sort of extrasensory perception of her? (sorry, English is not my first language, don't know if what i'm saying makes sense at all ;-))

Northern_Shutterbug
December 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
She normally has to see them but the triplets she did over the phone :(

Bigwish
December 29th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hmm, i can imagine your worries if she knows someone gets tripplets by phone... Hope she's wrong with it this time, fingers X, after all it was just one time by phone... Take care!

Girlsway
December 31st, 2012, 06:03 AM
I think you will prove her wrong for the first time. How many children did she have? Maybe she wanted you to stick to the lower number and once she heard you are expecting she felt slightly negative and that's why her guess. Were you thinking of having an early scan around 6 wks to determine gender by Ramzis method, that could put your mind at ease.

My MIL has 7 grand children and last night she announced she doesn't want to have more. Guess how that made me feel. X

Cinss
December 31st, 2012, 07:10 AM
She covered her tracks by saying 2 boys then a girl, now its 3 boys, she has to be right one way or the other!

Northern_Shutterbug
December 31st, 2012, 08:01 AM
We're going to have a scan at 8 weeks but I don't think I'll take anything from the Ramzi's method as I've heard it doesn't really have much proven ability.

Tiggerian
January 5th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Oh honey, don't fret!! It really is just guess work and she's had some lucky guesses. As Cinss said shes covered herself by backtracking on her first guess of BBG.

My SiL also announced recently that NO more grandchildren are allowed to be born in the family as she feels MiL has too many (she has 5)... Only 2/4 children even have kids lol! I dunno how people think they can decide the number of children others have!

Northern_Shutterbug
January 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Well, it looks like the drs think this is either ectopic or a failing pregnancy, so that serves me right for being disappointed ;(

SophiaRose
January 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Oh honey :-(
So sorry to hear it may be failing :-( Why did the doc think that?
I know how you feel re the gender prediction....I get very absorbed by these things too!
Hope you are ok xx

Longingforgirl
January 7th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I am so sorry! I just found out I am pregnant. My sway was clearly blue, and it was totally unplanned. We were planning to have an IVF next October, but I guess that is cancelled :-( I am freaking out because I soooo know that this will be another boy. I just feel like I cannot handle this a third time.
I wish for you that your mother is wrong. She must be wrong one day. I am crossing my fingers for you!!

fish2012
January 10th, 2013, 04:05 PM
hey northern so pleased to see you here, hope you really p*ss her off - it's the exception that proves the rule hun, you had a good sway x

Northern_Shutterbug
January 11th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Well, she's told my sister-in-law who is currently 33 weeks that she's having a boy and we're all convinced she's having a girl. She looked at my hands and said she can't tell yet as its too early. I won't see her past 8 weeks so I'll ask her again then but I don't think she wants to say now!

We'll see if she's right with SIL first.

Elements
January 27th, 2013, 10:46 PM
My MIL has 7 grand children and last night she announced she doesn't want to have more. Guess how that made me feel. X

Thats a rotten thing to say. what right do the grandparents have to make us feel so crummy!