PDA

View Full Version : Things to do while visiting SoCal

Dr. Potter
April 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I get a lot of questions about various accomodations and activities in the Laguna Hills area. This is a new thread devoted to all things fun and exciting here in soutghern California.

From time to time I will post ideas for you all. Please also post your ideas and questions!!!!:prof:

Mykids
April 4th, 2011, 04:49 PM
In 2010 July, DH & i came to california for MS IUI & stayed 3 nights. we just visted the Laguna beach to kill some time. We were so stressed thinking if it will work or not.

This april we will be flying to CA for 2 weeks along with our daughter who is 4 yrs. So along with our IVF cycle we have plans of visiting many places like beach, Disney land, Golden bridge, yosemite national park. But I dont know if i will be able to join my DH & Daughter, as i want this cycle to work & i have decided i will take it easy & rest up & produce some good eggs.

Oh also we are staying at laguna lodge & they gave us a 30% discount because we told them we are coming to HRC for treatement. Also this offer is valid if you stay for more than a week.

I must say HRC rocks in all ways.

Dr. Potter
April 4th, 2011, 09:36 PM
In 2010 July, DH & i came to california for MS IUI & stayed 3 nights. we just visted the Laguna beach to kill some time. We were so stressed thinking if it will work or not.

This april we will be flying to CA for 2 weeks along with our daughter who is 4 yrs. So along with our IVF cycle we have plans of visiting many places like beach, Disney land, Golden bridge, yosemite national park. But I dont know if i will be able to join my DH & Daughter, as i want this cycle to work & i have decided i will take it easy & rest up & produce some good eggs.

Oh also we are staying at laguna lodge & they gave us a 30% discount because we told them we are coming to HRC for treatement. Also this offer is valid if you stay for more than a week.

I must say HRC rocks in all ways.Thanks for the awsome comment. We are looking forward to seeing you!

Dr. Potter
April 4th, 2011, 09:39 PM
The Surf and Sand is a lovely hotel located on the pounding shoreline of Laguna Beach. Today's suggestion is that you consider having dinner and/or drinks (for those able to) at the magnificent Splashes. It is wonderful at sunset or even at night as there are flood lights illuminating the surf. The food is decent but not spectacular. They have a great wine selection. You will have a memorable time. The Surf and Sand is also a great place to stay. The rooms are reasonably priced and all are full ocean view, mere feet from the surf. There are great surf spots within walking distance to the south. http://www.surfandsandresort.com/

Dr. Potter
April 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Located in Crystal Cove State park, the Beachcomber has the best location of any restaurant in Southern California. It is the only one located right on the beach at sea level. It is surrounded by restored historical beach cottages. The Beachcomber is known for its tradition of raising the Martini Flag at 5 pm each day with a bugle burst to mark the beginning of cocktail hour. While this is one of the finest places to toast the sunset, my favorite is to come for breakfast. A rigorous walk along the almost 3 mile beach is a great way to build an appetite. They have a very fine full breakfast menu. They are happy to give you a ‘to go’ cup for your coffee so that you can continue to explore the beautiful, unspoiled beach to the north of the restaurant after breakfast. In mid-December-January and March-April, whale watching is possible from this vantage. The California Gray whales make their way from the Berring Sea to Baja California and back. There is also world class hiking and mountain biking on the El Morro Canyon trail immediately south and across the highway from the Beachcomber. I will discuss EL Morro in a separate post.http://www.hiddencalifornia.com/CrystalCove.html http://www.thebeachcombercafe.com/images/0-home/index2007_3.jpg

nuthinbutpink
April 4th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Love this thread! Good stuff!

princess-nash
April 16th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Thank you dr p. Look forward to seeing the sites in the summer. HRC rocks!