PDA

View Full Version : My swaying plan--please read and review

daisyfay311
April 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Here is the plan I've worked out for my blue sway. First off, let me say I would not be having another child if DH and I were not both perfectly happy to welcome another child of either gender. I probably would not be swaying at all except that for financial purposes, DH really would like to be done after baby #2 and he would like to experience one of each--though not, as he says, enough "to do anything weird." *roll eyes face* Also, I am the kind of person who works much better with a clear, defined plan of action. So here it is. Please, please give me feedback! (warning, probably tmi)

Diet----
I HATE fruits and vegetables, basically never eat them. I also do not like eating breakfast and feel enormously fat when I do. I am used to not eating all day and then having a big meal at dinner. So I'm trying to change that. I'm a teacher and somewhat limited on what I can snack on during the day. And I'm constantly running late in the morning so I need something really simple and repetitive I can have for breakfast and that I can fix to take for lunch.

Breakfast: mini sausage biscuits and toast with either peanut butter or honey (not sure about pb or honey every day though? found conflicting reports on bread, have chosen whole grain white for time being) and a V8 fusion (blueberry pomegranate or strawberry banana are all I've tried so far)
Lunch: grilled chicken breast (super easy for me, lot of sodium), naked pita chips with only sea salt, raisins, water or black tea
Dinner: select from options--red meat with tomatoes (steak with a bruschetta, hamburgers, hamburger helper, spaghetti with meat sauce, a Lean Cuisine tomato pasta with meat, canned soups with meat and potatoes, more chicken, pork loin, turkey hot dogs with wheat buns, Manwiches, potatoes, potato salad, more pita chips, pizza light on cheese, rice of all kinds, roast beef.....sometimes Chick-fil-A or Wendy's fast food
Snacks: (3 per day) Special K bars, raisins, dried dates, peanuts, banana chips, dried veggie chips, beef jerky, jello (yuck), potato chips, dried pineapple, smoked salmon on pita chips with sea salt, chips and salsa...
Drinks: At least a couple V8 fusions and some apple juice every day, at least one big glass of black tea with Stevia and lemon (double yuck) and water. Will try green tea. May try gelatin drink if I can stand it. Am going to test the ph of the black tea, make it at home with tap water and just recently realized when I got pregnant with my daughter, I wasn't doing that, was drinking tons of coke, which I no longer drink.
Night: Big bowl of cereal before bedtime, easier for me than in the morning--unsure about cereal. Currently using Cornflakes with Stevia and half and half. Will look for a good wheat or oat cereal too?

pH---
Diet, of course. I'm seeing a dermatologist tomorrow who I think will probably put me on antibiotics. They're safe for pregnancy but I would stop them after O. Bought a digital ph tester to check pH before attempt. Will probably use bsf and may mix bs with pre-seed. (DH has put egg whites on the "weird" list.)

Minerals--
From diet I guess? Will take a little extra potassium daily.

Supplements--
For me--Evening Primrose Oil, Robitussin, will try ASG but don't know where to find it?, Vit E, Fish oil, Folic acid, L'Arginine.
For DH--the one a day over 50 multivitamin (he's never taken a vitamin and needs to), L'Arginine, Vit E, Fish oil (got without mercury), want to get ginseng but haven't found it without other stuff mixed in?

Hormones--
I'm not super worried about testosterone. My skin breaks out BAD when I'm not on bc pills and I usually have a high sex drive, have big O very easily, etc. Hope supplements take care of things. I've also started working out a lot in the past year and I NEVER did with dd. I'm going to keep doing weight training and abs work and maybe mix in a little cardio. I like to do Jillian Michaels sets of three minutes weights, two minutes cardio, one minute abs, repeat, but I lose a ton of weight that way so I may cut a little cardio. Just have to see how my weight goes. I've never eaten this much in my life! Also, I usually take a ton of antihistamines and I've cut those entirely.

Timing---
Got a new bbt to use, used one with dd. I usually have super regular cycles, 28 days, gobs of ewcm. (dd was a one hit wonder, three days before I o'd). I also got a cb smiley face opk this time so I can hit right on O for sure. Going to have DH abstain for 2-4 days beforehand, may ice, will definitely have caffeine an hour before. Going to try rear entry, I really worry about this because deep penetration and even paps are super painful for me so I'm just going to have to tell him to go for it and not worry about me.

Ions--
Should O in crescent moon or a few days before full moon if my cycles stay on track. We're going to dtd in our home office so desktop, laptops, lots of electronics, cell phones, am going to have an electric blanket (in June in Mississippi, I know, right?) and a/c.

And lots of prayer....

I'm worried about DH--he has replaced chewing tobacco with chewing mint leaves, he eats a lot of meat and potatoes but he likes to drink a Slimfast for breakfast and he has way, way too much caffeine. I'm trying to get him to cut down on coffee. He likes the black tea with Stevia and lemon so I'm going to push that for him at least.

Any and all thoughts on this dissertation welcome! Thanks! :happy:

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I have a couple of comments- ASG I had to order from drugstore.com, could never find in stores. And I think preseed (with or without a pinch of bs) is totally adequate for a boy sway, that's what I used for this one. The egg whites are a pain and messy and I think mine (in the early months of unsuccessful swaying) were too high in ph and killed the sperm. You DEFINITELY had a girl diet, just like me. No wonder you had a daughter. Do the exact opposite and see what happens! Just make sure you eat a lot of varied nutrients and meat and carbs with every meal. You may gain a bit of weight (we all did) but it is worth it and you know you can drop it after your son is born! I would really try to be sure to intake a bunch of potassium, at least a banana and potatoes, or some potassium-rich foods daily. I had both and an ASG, so loads of it. Sounds like you've got a good plan! GOOD LUCK!!!

Hobbermittens
April 4th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Can I ask what ASG is?

Good luck with your sway! I am learning a lot of tips by reading what everyone else is doing!

daisyfay311
April 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the responses! I've been reading about Ural and I think I may order some if mine and DH's ph's don't look good after this month.

Hobbermittens, ASG is Alka Seltzer Gold. I haven't been able to find it in stores so I'll probably have to order it too. Supposed to be good for getting your ph up.

skrimpy
April 4th, 2011, 09:35 PM
daisy I think your sway looks really good. I would make sure that each of your snack options has some protein with it (I looove smoked salmon :p) So if you pick a snack that doesn't have as much protein add something else in that does. Also would make sure you're getting plenty of protein with that breakfast. I think the peanut butter is fine w/ breakfast. I wouldn't do honey too much since it is so sweet. Atomic wrote a post with info on honey in it though, you might look that up for more :)

Overall I think the diet is looking very protein/carb balanced. Be sure you're getting some tasty fats in there too, that will help the blue sway :D

I think hubby sounds OK too - it's always harder to change the hubbies... can you offer to make him a bacon/egg breakfast to go with his slimfast shake :p Don't stress too much about the coffee, my DH is a dedicated coffee drinker and we had a successful blue sway for our 2yo :)

Re: positions - can you guys experiment with a position that is deep but not as painful for you? Or can you get him very close in a position comfy for you, then switch to rear-entry just long enough to push him over the edge for Oing? For me rear-entry with me on my tummy is more comfy than up on my knees. DH also loves this position and it was our position for our sway for our 2yo - so maybe try some experimenting.

Good luck and tons of blue dust for you!

nuthinbutpink
April 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
The FG diet recommends 3 large glasses of fruit juice, 1 banana and 1 other fruit per day. Ordinary white bread is also recommended.

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
First of all I think that looks like a fabulous plan and I'm sending you tons and tons of blue dust!

1) I think nuts every day, be they peanut or tree nuts, sways blue. Many people will disagree with that because of the acidity but if your pH is good then it's all good.

2)The antibiotics are great if you need them.

3)I always ate cereal before bedtime with DS 3. I don't think cornflakes are the greatest choice, look for something with more fiber so it keeps your blood sugar higher for longer.

4)The exercise looks great and since you've been doing it for a while, there is less risk that it will lower your testosterone. Just focus mostly on the weights and try to eat enough to keep from losing weight. Aim for 2200 calories at minimum and 2500 is better.

5)You don't NEED to do doggy style if it hurts. I don't think any of my guys were conceived doggy style.

6)DH will probably be ok, the breakfast stuff does not matter for him at all so if he likes his slimfast, carry on. Mint leaves are MUCH better than tobacco for blue!!