PDA

View Full Version : Does sudfed/zyrtec etc affect Men?

Tulips
April 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Just a really random thought from while I was lying awake last night. the semen fluid that the sperm swim in is that dried up at all by these?

queen-of-harts
April 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah Atomic said something about this on another thread to use if you dh had "lots of watery semen" I was curious what was considered watery and what was normal or thicker but she has not posted back.Maybe she will see this thread.....yoooohoooo Atomic lol

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry!!!

Yes, Sudafed/Zyrtec can dry up semen but I think ~most~ of us are doing so much already to sway that we should probably just leave the semen alone LOL. The semen is like a life raft for the sperm (both X and Y) and if there's not enough of it, no sperm will survive to fertilize the egg.

Most guys emit 2-5 mL of semen at a go, it should be the consistency of mucus, and it should clump up at first and then thin out over time. If it seems superthick, as in, hardly any comes out and it's gluey it doesn't flow at all, it's considered thick, and if it doesn't clump up much at all and stays watery, it's thin. Honestly, we don't entirely know which is better for swaying (I can see advantages to both) and so without more info, I think it's prob. best to leave well enough alone...you would hate to dry up your husband's semen only to find that it sways BLUE!

zanacal
September 5th, 2011, 03:57 PM
OK, this is a super old thread (and I had to put in a really weird search to find it!!) but I keep meaning to report back on my findings!

DH released twice a day for 8 days and I noticed that the last time before our attempt, not only was there not much semen but it didn't go very far and it was extremely thick and clumpy. DH commented that if it's been a while since the last time it's much thinner and it comes out with more force and goes further. So, is something about the frequent BDing making the semen 'thicker' and what are the advantages and disadvantages of this for a girl sway?

DH would just kill me if he could read this ...

zanacal
September 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I googled a bit and it seems that thicker semen may mean less motile and viable sperm. I hope I have that right!

rainbowflower
September 9th, 2011, 07:36 AM
that sounds promising then

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much for that info Zanacal!!! Very helpful!!!

Purple Poet also posted once that her husband's pH went way down when he took Sudafed. I don't love Sudafed due to side effects, but those side effects were more in young women than in guys, so if your DH has sky-high pH and it's giving you a lot of tension, it might be worth a shot.

Not that anyone cares and it does not matter, but I would much rather people bump up old threads and add to them rather than start a new thread.(I don't care either way, I'm not going to get angry or annoyed!!) Even if the topic goes a little far afield, I think it's easier to find info that is at least somewhat grouped under one topic. I used to hate trying to look things up on the other site because you had to dig through 17 useless posts to find the one thread that was actually informative.