PDA

View Full Version : Names!

cvd
December 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
So now that we found out we are having a boy - we are thinking of names! We only had a girl name picked out, Aubree, which I absolutely LOVED. So far, I like Auden. It's similar to Aubree. Or I am even considering Aubrey, which is the "boy" spelling for the name (my grandfather's middle name was this, which would be neat). Other then that we can't find anything we even kinda like LOL we want something uncommon but not weird. Ryder isn't common where we are, but it's not strange like the names you see online when you search "uncommon boy names". Auden is different but so similar to Aiden that I don't think it's weird!

How are you ladies coming with your name choices?? Those who have had their gender ultrasounds, do you have anything picked out for your little one????

Tiggerian
December 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Well - are you going to try for another one after this? because then you might want to stay away form Aubrey if that's your girl name?

I do think Aubrey would work well for a boy and I do like it better than Auden, if I'm honest!

I'm not preggers, but we've already got our boy name settled (ok, OH didn't have a choice lol). Girl name is more tricky as he wants one that will cause huge drama in my family although it will probably end up being that anyway! Hope it's ok I answered xD

Jadis
December 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I like the idea of using 'Aubrey', CVD. I think it's interesting that it's your grandfather's middle name, which gives it a bit of family history. We're coming along with names, we've agreed on Margaret for a girl but can't agree on a boy's name. I'm pitching 'Leonard' over and over again, I'm just hoping that my DH will come around and start liking it. I like the short form of Leo or Lenny. Coming up with middle names will be tough as we only use middle names that begin with A's. DS1 is Owen Andrew and DS2 is Simon Alexander. I like Leonard Adam or Leonard Aiden for this one if it's a boy or Margaret Amy for a girl. What do you think? I'm the same as you-I want something different and I like old names. For me, there's nothing cuter than an old man name for a little boy. The kinda name that makes you think that kid wears a bowtie and suspenders.

cvd
December 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Well - are you going to try for another one after this? because then you might want to stay away form Aubrey if that's your girl name?

I do think Aubrey would work well for a boy and I do like it better than Auden, if I'm honest!

I'm not preggers, but we've already got our boy name settled (ok, OH didn't have a choice lol). Girl name is more tricky as he wants one that will cause huge drama in my family although it will probably end up being that anyway! Hope it's ok I answered xD
We aren't having another! Which is why I kinda wanna go with that name because I loved it so much haha but now we've related AUBREE so much to a girl it's hard to picture it for a boy I guess, but we are trying to see if we still like it. Hope you get a BFP soon!

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Interesting that it is your grandfather's name but all the Aubrey's I know are girls now and they spell it Aubrey. I do love using family names though.

Asher?
Aaron?
Austin?

I would reserve Aubrey in case you have another!

cvd
December 30th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I like the idea of using 'Aubrey', CVD. I think it's interesting that it's your grandfather's middle name, which gives it a bit of family history. We're coming along with names, we've agreed on Margaret for a girl but can't agree on a boy's name. I'm pitching 'Leonard' over and over again, I'm just hoping that my DH will come around and start liking it. I like the short form of Leo or Lenny. Coming up with middle names will be tough as we only use middle names that begin with A's. DS1 is Owen Andrew and DS2 is Simon Alexander. I like Leonard Adam or Leonard Aiden for this one if it's a boy or Margaret Amy for a girl. What do you think? I'm the same as you-I want something different and I like old names. For me, there's nothing cuter than an old man name for a little boy. The kinda name that makes you think that kid wears a bowtie and suspenders.
Hehe keep pitching! He will come around :) I noticed that with my DH, he hated Aubree but I just kept at it, then he ended up loving it! Aw I think both those names go SO well with your other 2. Love the nn Leo & the middle names with A's is really sweet as well. I can't wait to find out what you having!
My DS's middle name is Valentine, super strange but getting married and changing my last name was hard for me so I had to put it somewhere, our married name is too long to hyphenate! I have no idea what middle name we will use this time! Hm. Name picking was so easy last time.. Ryder was the third name we mentioned, I hate the search!!!

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Jackson Aubrey

Wanting-a-girl
December 30th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I like Avery for a boy!

Cinss
December 30th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I would keep Aubree just in case too, you never know what the future holds.

dloui128
December 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I like Asher, Archer and Axel, they were all the names I liked when deciding on a boys name. Ryder was also on my list :)

Rosie85
December 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
My boy will be Theodore. Teddy or Theo for short :-D

jennaesue
December 31st, 2012, 07:21 AM
I really wanted Theodore for a boy, but dh shot it down. I think we will go with Charles (Charlie) or Samuel. Not sure about middle name, and trying not to think about girl names (don't want to get my hopes up) but I do like Iris.

Praying4Pink
December 31st, 2012, 10:17 AM

Jadis love the name Leonard...I agree with cvd...keep pitching, lol. Both my hubby and son's middle names are Leonard so I am a bit bias.

Praying4Pink
December 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Cvd I like Aubrey for a boy or girl. I'm strange like that though! Love unique and different names. Love that it is a family name also! I haven't told hubby yet but if this baby is a girl her middle name will be Lillian or Lilliana which was his granny's name :-)

jennaesue
December 31st, 2012, 01:45 PM
I agree, I like Aubrey for a boy (in fact, I don't know any Aubreys, boy or girl) and think it's a great name. I also like Avery. How do you pronounce Auden?

cvd
December 31st, 2012, 02:18 PM
Thank you ladies!!! And jennaesue pronounced like aw-den!

Hobbermittens
December 31st, 2012, 02:20 PM
WHat about Alden? I think Auden might get mean nicknames because it sounds like "odd". Aubrey would be fine for a boy, too, even though it is sometimes a girl name. But then so are Taylor and Emerson, and I know (of) boys named both of those things as well.

Dreamofpink
January 1st, 2013, 04:10 AM
How about Ainsley? Aubrey is nice for a boy though :-)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Tiggerian
January 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM
Samuel Theodore? Charles Theodore?

aroundtheworld
January 2nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
I really wanted Theodore for a boy, but dh shot it down. I think we will go with Charles (Charlie) or Samuel. Not sure about middle name, and trying not to think about girl names (don't want to get my hopes up) but I do like Iris.

I absolutely LOVE the name Charlie. I actually have a really special chicken (a hen) that is my sidekick and I named her Charlie Apple. ;) I'm quirky like that, but does it ever fit her!

aroundtheworld
January 2nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
My husband and I have a set routine for choosing names; we've been pregnant so many times now that we just keep an on-going list of baby names (especially boy names) saved. Whenever we hear a name that we really like, we add it to the list. When we're pregnant, and after we've found out the sex of the baby, we slowly start mentioning our favorites here and there. Once we get close to the birth, we make a very short list of all the ones we like best (which we don't share with anyone else). Once baby is born, we spend a day or two deciding which of the names best fits him/her. Then we announce it to family and friends. :)

Sometimes we're surprised how a name we really like doesn't end up seeming right for a baby once we've met and gotten to know him/her a little. It's funny!

Wanting-a-girl
January 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I absolutely LOVE the name Charlie. I actually have a really special chicken (a hen) that is my sidekick and I named her Charlie Apple. ;) I'm quirky like that, but does it ever fit her!

Awww you have a chicken! I want a pet duck but DH keeps telling me no.... One day he will come home to a duck lol I would also really like one of the micro mini pigs!

jennaesue
January 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Samuel Theodore? Charles Theodore?

Those are possibilities. I have used middle names that were significant for my other boys (either family names, or one is after my favorite musician), so I would like to continue that trend and Theodore has no significance for us other than I like it. We'll see.

aroundtheworld
January 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Yes, I have a special chicken. She's my girl. ;) We have 4 others as well, and that's down from 25 total. But the hens we have currently are our egg layers, the others were meat chickens that we grew and butchered. They had zero personality (we called then "zombie chickens"), unlike our hens.

We've been talking about getting ducks. But they wouldn't be pets... they'd be to eat. Rabbits too. And we are definitely in the market for a couple of goats for milk/cheese/butter! I can't wait for that.

Atsaukina1
January 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
I have a neice named aubrey ( i guess the boy spelling lol) so I'd have to say that's a lil fem for me personally for a boy I like austin.asher, and other ones suggested:)

cvd
January 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
We're actually coming around to Auden a bit more, we seem to get good feedback. I also have added Maverick to my list! :) but DH doesn't like it because at Cedar Point in Ohio, "Maverick" is the name of my favourite roller coaster! But that's not the way I came about it or think of it hehe!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 3rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Awww you have a chicken! I want a pet duck but DH keeps telling me no.... One day he will come home to a duck lol I would also really like one of the micro mini pigs!

Sorry to take over the name thread, but had to say that I LOVE PIGS!!! I've wanted one since I was 16. My dh may be surprised when he comes home one day too. lol