PDA

View Full Version : aspirin and cranberry for DH?

amk2013
December 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Is it ok for DH to take both aspirin and cranberry? Or just one or the other? I prefer aspirin, but would have him take both if it would be helpful. Although I know they are both blood thinners. I myself am taking aspirin only. Then he could take licorice root from AF-O?

Thanks ladies for all your help! I am stressing before I even begin, lol. :nails:

Wanting-a-girl
December 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I would just think one or the other cause they are both blood thinners

amk2013
December 30th, 2012, 10:50 PM
thanks! I think I found atomic's essay and it does look like just one or the other. I think.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
Dh can take both aspirin and cranberry but there is no need for him to take aspirin, the cranberry will do the exact same thing. Double doses of blood thinners simply raises risks of bleeding issues. I wouldn't have him take both.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
thanks! I think I found atomic's essay and it does look like just one or the other. I think.

DW should 100% for sure only take one. DH can technically take both but there is no benefit that I am aware of to having him do so.

amk2013
January 2nd, 2013, 11:40 PM
Thank you! Is cranberry the better of the two for him then?

Butterfly Spirit
January 2nd, 2013, 11:47 PM
Just do cranberry!
Here's what my hubby used.. from Walmart.

atomic sagebrush
January 3rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
We don't know. I have DH take cranberry only because people think cranberries are "magic" for girls and want to keep them in the sway, but I don't feel that starting and stopping cranberry is safe for DW. Since DH can take them all month long (since he won't be getting pg) and can safely wean off over time rather than stopping cold turkey at O like ladies have to, it's a good way to keep the cran in the mix without risking your or your baby's health.