PDA

View Full Version : Girl Moms: What do you DO all day?

BabyGirl4Me
December 31st, 2012, 07:15 PM
I suspect one of the reasons I had a boy was the fact that I used to have a very analytical and demanding job. For those of you who are girl moms, what kinds of jobs do you have (if any) and what kinds of things do you outside of your domestic/mom life? For my sway, I'm going to try painting my nails a lot and watching romantic movies and things like that, and having minimal stress during my day. Does this sound like a good idea, or do you think occupations, hobbies and things you do don't make much of a difference? Thanks in advance!

nuthinbutpink
December 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM
I have to laugh a little bit at this! I never get my nails done, I'm a total tomboy and I had a big time job. I guess the rules didn't apply to me!

Diet did though!

Wanting-a-girl
December 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
I have all boys and For the first 2 I did a lot of horse riding other than that I live a pretty relaxed life I don't work

dloui128
December 31st, 2012, 08:15 PM
I have a high stress job and no time to paint my nails lol so I don't really think that played the part. I live a LE diet lifestyle. It's funny because I swayed for a boy and I had to do all this eating and as soon as he was born bam I'm back to how I ate when I had my girls and I did it unintentionally.

afy
December 31st, 2012, 08:47 PM
I have a high stress job and no time to paint my nails lol so I don't really think that played the part. I live a LE diet lifestyle. It's funny because I swayed for a boy and I had to do all this eating and as soon as he was born bam I'm back to how I ate when I had my girls and I did it unintentionally.

Omg dloui I totally missed this! When was you're little man born?!? Congrats !!! I

Cinss
December 31st, 2012, 11:40 PM
when DD was concieved I had just finished doing a child care course and was job hunting to work in a day care center, so technically i was doing nothing. I did have a LE diet and did exercise to fill in my days.

rainbowflower
January 1st, 2013, 04:03 AM
when you say you had an "LE diet", what do you mean by that? that you watched the calories/fat when you were eating? the type of foods you were eating? that you didn't eat much?

lollylegs
January 1st, 2013, 05:37 AM
Following this discussion with interest! The idea of peering into another way of being (albeit temporarily) which may be the gateway to desired gender; well it's entirely mesmerizing!
I've even changed my when to attempt based on my work which is very analytical and time pressured. and am trying to work out how to incorporate LE diet without obsessing / monitoring like mad.
And figuring out if the couch potato lifestyle is really what I am doing (I am not formally exercising, but walk to local shops, trains/trams all while pushing pram and carrying 2yo) ...
It's interesting watching all my close friends (who all have 2x DDs) trying to work this stuff out too!

BabyGirl4Me
January 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Thank you sooooooo much to everyone who responded to my thread! It's greatly appreciated.

@Lollylegs, it sounds like you and I had very similar lifestyles when I was working full time. I had a high stress and very analytical job and I used to walk everywhere. Here's hoping that making changes to our lifestyles give us the little girls we're dreaming about. :)

dloui128
January 1st, 2013, 09:34 PM
Omg dloui I totally missed this! When was you're little man born?!? Congrats !!! I

He was born on 12/18 :)

dloui128
January 1st, 2013, 09:37 PM
when you say you had an "LE diet", what do you mean by that? that you watched the calories/fat when you were eating? the type of foods you were eating? that you didn't eat much?

I never counted calories and still don't but I rarely have time to eat breakfast so I sometimes wouldn't get a chance to eat until 3pm. It is very rare that I would get 3 meals in for the day

Cinss
January 1st, 2013, 11:51 PM

I never ate breakfast, i had 1 cup of coffee in the mornings as soon as i got up, then when my tummy would really growl at me i would eat something, usually processed food like packet of chips or meat pie. Dinner was a frozen meal of some kind or take away, very little fruits and veggies.

rainbowflower
January 2nd, 2013, 12:21 PM
I never ate breakfast, i had 1 cup of coffee in the mornings as soon as i got up, then when my tummy would really growl at me i would eat something, usually processed food like packet of chips or meat pie. Dinner was a frozen meal of some kind or take away, very little fruits and veggies.

I never counted calories and still don't but I rarely have time to eat breakfast so I sometimes wouldn't get a chance to eat until 3pm. It is very rare that I would get 3 meals in for the day
thank you both of you!

The Anchor
January 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Well I've got one of each...but when I conceived my DD I had a high stress, lawyer job, which requires you to be very aggressive. But I had this same job when I conceived my boy. To be honest, I was on a MAD diet when I conceived my girl, I think that was the kicker for me!

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
This is kind of a hot button topic so just saying thanks everyone for being sweethearts. :heart:

BabyGirl4Me
January 2nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
:worry: Gosh I didn't realize this was a hot button topic. Sorry if I offended anyone. I just wanna have a good sway and if there are little things I can do to improve my sway I want to do them.

nuthinbutpink
January 2nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
With regards to food, I too, have never been a breakfast eater. I did, however, have a cup of regular coffee with non-dairy creamer. Just a cup. For lunch, I would eat something low-cal/low-fat and I snacked on craisins often, popcorn and I do like sweets.

I never drank diet drinks. Sometimes I would have a Sprite and out to eat, water with lemon with sweet-n-low mixed in- I call it a poor man's lemonade. I never drank much of anything throughout the day though.

Overall, just not a big appetite, small portions.