PDA

View Full Version : How long after weight loss is safe to ttc boy?

ELP
April 5th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I'm hoping to shift a few pounds and build a few muscles this month, I won't be attempting this month due to this ( I really want to see a shift in the scales). Would next month be ok? How about if I lost weight and built muscle in these next 3 weeks only and only built muscle in the following 3/4 weeks, do you think it's still a bit risky???

My butt is shocking atm!!!

babydes56
April 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
ELP, i'm so with you! I actually went for a run last night & going to pilates class this evening because i have put on a stone while i've been on boy diet.

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 10:31 AM
It's risky BUT if you have really focused on building muscle, it should be ok. It's the muscle loss that counts (although pounds of fat do make some estrogen).

gizmo77
April 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
i am also planning on shedding about 10-15 pounds, but i dont plan to TTC until sept. i just cannot do the boy diet what with all the carbs and frequent eating at this time..id be a hippo and at risk for gestational diabetes!

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I understand, just make sure you're building muscle even as you lose the weight!! It will actually help you lose weight.

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I gained 28 lbs from August to bfp! I have now put myself, a usual size 6, into the "overweight" body mass index category and am hoping I can manage to eat well (and enough) and work out so that I end up losing the fat and gaining the baby weight and it equals out to only gaining 20lbs or so. Kind of a version of Atomic's advice above there.

ELP, I get upset EVERY DAY when I look in the mirror, and then I think to myself that it will all be SOOOOOO worth it if my little guy is on the way.

TulleExplosion
April 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Lola, I really hope you hear blue then! What you went through is what I am personally terrified of. I cant even sway yet and I am worried!!

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Lola, I really hope you hear blue then! What you went through is what I am personally terrified of. I cant even sway yet and I am worried!!

LOL thanks, Tulle.....it's not my favorite thing, but we'll see what happens. I am sure I can get rid of this weight after the baby is done nursing, whenever that is! Maybe you won't be so terrified if I end up having a boy after all? :wink:

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
When I went on the alkaline diet I lost about 11 lbs, but I only lost fat. I'd say try to eat healthily and don't starve yourself. Muscle will burn fat on its own :) .

ELP
April 9th, 2011, 03:11 AM
I've decided to not try and lose any:) Just soldier on eh ladies:) It will be worth it, and a quick crash diet wouldn't do anyone any good at this stage!!