PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy symptoms for my boys

nicnee1976
April 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I know symptoms don't always mean much, but my pregnancies with my boys have striking similarities.
With all 3 I ate cheese and marmite (yeast extract) on everything as it was all I could stomach until the 2nd trimester.
I had no M/S, only nausea, in the morning with DS1 and DS2 and evening with DS3.
I was so sleepy with all 3, needing a mid-morning or mid-afternoon nap.
My hair grew like crazy with the first 2, not with DS3 though.
My libido was nil with DS1 and DS2, a bit better with DS3 but still not great!!
I carried DS1 and DS2 all up front, DS3 a little more on the hips, but he was a bigger baby. With DS2 I barely looked pregnant.
I had spots with all 3, but they cleared up in trimester 2.
Huge boobs with DS1 and boobs got bigger early on with all 3.

I may add I am not getting any of these symptoms with this one (except spots) but it is very early days yet. FX!!

pinksapphire
April 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Can I ask you what week pregnant you are? I'm 5w3d and I'm already stressing about symptoms. I was sick almost immediately after finding out I was pregnant w/ our angel DD and that lasted until 19 weeks PG. With DS1, I had hardly any sickness so I felt like I knew he was a boy and then with DS2 I was sick but not as much as with angel DD so I wasn't sure about what he was until the amnio. I don't really have any sickness yet and I feel that this must be a boy again for that reason although I am still very early. I also remember having a libido w/ angel DD but not at all with DS's. I do have a libido now, so.... I don't know!

I know that symptoms in PG do not really point to the sex of the baby but I'm going by my own experience, as I think you are too. I keep thinking that if I felt really sick with my angel girl then that means that I'm going to feel really sick with another girl but maybe that's not true. It's 7 years now since she was conceived so maybe my body has changed?

nicnee1976
April 5th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I am 6 weeks by LMP, but I O'd late this cycle so I think I am really 5 weeks exactly. I had symptoms before I even found out I was pg with DS2 and 3, mainly extreme tiredness and nausea, but not much to speak of yet with this one. In fact I keep wondering if I am pg at all. I'm only getting slightly sore boobs, not bigger and I feel shaky/dizzy first thing and get hot flushes after a shower. Also getting a pulling pain, left lower abdo when I walk (I walk a lot, 3 school runs each day, 6 miles in total!!). Oh and I am sure DH would say I am moody!! I had mood swings with DS2, not 1 and 3.

Freya
April 7th, 2011, 02:26 AM
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I didn't have any symptoms until week five, and then I gradually started feeling nauseous, but by week 8 I was puking so much I had to spend the mornings in bed! This one is completely different, I had symptoms from 3 DPO, but I haven't puked once yet. I really hope differences mean something :) .

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I had extreme m/s with DD1 and moderate with DD2, and really not much at all with this one so far, and by 6 wks, it had begun with both of my girls. Maybe I'm just lucky and my body is used to pregnancy now, although it's been a while as #2 is 6years old. I've always heard that OWT and wondered if there was any truth to that, but reading you girls' posts gives me some more blue hope!

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Pinksapphire, maybe you will have it start up soon, like me!!! AHHHHH! Knock on wood that doesn't happen and you still have a little DD in there!

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 10:08 AM
With DS1 I was sick for the enitre 9mths, couldn't eat red meat, anything spicy was out, and I drank 1/4-1/2 gallon of milk a day. With DS2 I was only a little bit sick but hated the smell and sight of dairy but I could eat anything I wanted.

I wish you could tell gender from cravings and symptoms it would make it easier... Can't wait to get pregnant and see what symptoms I get ;)

Flava
April 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I don't believe in this. I have 4 girls and I had all the symptoms you can imagine! Or no symptoms at all like with DD1.

pinksapphire
April 11th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I don't believe in this. I have 4 girls and I had all the symptoms you can imagine! Or no symptoms at all like with DD1.

That's good to hear because I was terribly sick w/ angel DD for 19 weeks and then hardly sick at all w/ DS1 and more sick with DS2 but still not as extreme w/ angel DD. So, since I'm now 6 weeks PG and not sick at all, I'm feeling that this is a boy.

If one has been PG w/ a girl and felt sick & then not as sick w/ boys, wouldn't that mean that that person feels sick w/ a girl but not with a boy?

I have read about women being awfully sick w/ their sons but not with their daughters but I'm not comparing myself to them, I'm comparing myself to myself. KWIM?

Sorry for the possibly incoherent post! LOL

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I do really agree with Flava....I think it has nothing to do with it, and those instances where the OWT is true is really coincidence....I happen to think my body is just dealing with the hormones better with each pregnancy. But hey, it's hard not to dream (or keep yourself from paying attention to OWT) when you are pg and wanting one or the other so badly!

Freya
April 12th, 2011, 02:33 AM
If nausea is related to hCG levels, then we could have more nausea with girls, especially in the later part of the first trimester until it goes.

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/2/485.full

But the range is very wide, so they must overlap for male and female fetuses. Not the best link, perhaps, but: http://www.babymed.com/body-changes/hcg-level-early-pregnancy

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Freya, good link! That is super interesting! So, it's the hcg that causes ms, not the progesterone?

Aqua
April 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I had moderate MS with my DD which happened only in the evening.
My sis did not have any MS except last 2 days of 1st trimester - Boy
A friend did not have any MS except last 2 days of 1st trimester - boy
A friend did not have any MS except nausea - girl
A friend had extreme MS everyday - boy
Guess it depends on the womens body and each pregnancy. I really dont think its gender related.

JustKim
April 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I had only one day of ms with DD #1 and with DD #2 I was just nauseous the entire 1st trimester. :)