PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? (re: dietary changes)

daisyfay311
April 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
So um, it's been like three days on the boy diet and I have massive heartburn, bloating and digestive problems, I feel like I must weight a thousand pounds.

This gets better, right? *hopeful look*

purplepoet20
April 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM
That is how I felt for the 9mths I was preg with my DS1... Did you take a preg test before dieting? You will get used to it but it may help to cut back a little on some foods and then increase to the req amount. I am doing this for the girl diet and it help the body adjust without the shock.

Zivic-Bubac
April 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
It might be red meat. If you are not used to eat it every day, it can give you serious heartburn, esp if you are A blood type. There was this lady on ig ( she got her boy btw :-) who had bad heartburns and digestive troubles caused by red meat so she switched her diet to alkaline forming foods ( you can find many lists of alkalizing/acidifying food online). Alkalizing food are basically boy-friendly, red meat is slightly acidic but it is supposed to raise your testosterone. I've learned here you can raise testosterone eating nuts:agree:

Or maybe you just have to get used to boy friendly foods. I hope that's the case :happy:

Hobbermittens
April 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I haven't started swaying yet, but as I am getting prepared, I have been stocking up on boy friendly foods, etc. I have been eating more meat, nuts, potatoes, potato chips, etc, and I am feeling fat as a house. I guess it is worth it, right? We can lose weight nursing our baby boys! :):xy:

Zivic-Bubac
April 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I am feeling fat as a house. I guess it is worth it, right? We can lose weight nursing our baby boys! :):xy: I love the way your mind works! Totally agree! LOL!
I feel fat and heavy although I only gained few kg. I cannot get used to boy friendly foods and I'm still forcing myself to eat them and to eat breakkie. I can't wait to switch back to my girly life style LOL! C'mon BFP!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:21 AM
So um, it's been like three days on the boy diet and I have massive heartburn, bloating and digestive problems, I feel like I must weight a thousand pounds.

ARe you doing the baking soda drinks?? Baking soda can cause something called "rebound heartburn" because it is an antacid, so it lowers your stomach acid after you drink it and then your body tries to compensate by upping your stomach acid. Tomatoes are also big heartburn foods.

I have acid reflux and the foods on the girl diet are much worse for me than the boy diet, but everyone is different I guess!

YOu can't take Tums because of the calcium but Zantac, Prevacid, Pepcid all sway blue by reducing acid.

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM

I feel as big as a house! I am bloated for sure, but no heartburn. I have gained a couple of pounds since starting this diet, but I feel like I have gained so much more. I'm ready to DTD, get a BFP, so I can eat what I want! :) This boy diet is definitely not for me... lol

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
It might be red meat. If you are not used to eat it every day, it can give you serious heartburn, esp if you are A blood type. There was this lady on ig ( she got her boy btw :-) who had bad heartburns and digestive troubles caused by red meat so she switched her diet to alkaline forming foods ( you can find many lists of alkalizing/acidifying food online). Alkalizing food are basically boy-friendly, red meat is slightly acidic but it is supposed to raise your testosterone. I've learned here you can raise testosterone eating nuts:agree:Or maybe you just have to get used to boy friendly foods. I hope that's the case :happy:

The thing about the "type A diet" is true... I love red meat and get heartburn so I just eat less. 2-3oz may help and just add extra boy-friendly foods. If you are not used to a food it can mths-years to get used to them.

daisyfay311
April 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
My blood type is O- so I'm not sure what's going on with that. But I'm drinking at lot of V8 fusion and that still has tomato juice so maybe that's it.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Juice can def. cause heartburn - is it better today??

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Juice can def. cause heartburn - is it better today??

Haha, if juice can cause heartburn that must explain it because I haven't had juice since I was a kid and my mom made me and now I'm drinking two V8 fusions and a big glass of apple juice every day. And yes, I think I'm getting better.

Although, I will say that I have been lifting weights and doing chest flies so actually I probably have some sore chest muscles and that makes it feel weird anyway. Haha!