PDA

View Full Version : Low Ovarian Reserve

KraizyDaizy
January 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Not sure where to post this, so I apologize in advance. I PMed Atomic but thought i would also see if any of you have this and if you were able to conceive. I am 38, TTC a daughter for going on 3 years. I have taken Clomid way longer than I probably should have and today found out I have Low Ovarian Reserve from my OB, with the following test results:

Day 3 Estradol 29.6, FSH 7.2 and LH 3.2

Day 10 Estradol 216.8, FSH 11.3

My baby days are coming to an end...???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
January 2nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
That's not that bad. My day 3 was 10 and day 10 was 14!

I turned to DHEA because there is an ongoing study about it with women with low reserve. Lots of HT gals have used it. Unless you are PCOS, you can try 75mg per day to help quality.

What other egg quality supplements are you taking?

Your numbers are just borderline but nowhere close to menopause!

nuthinbutpink
January 2nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
If you have been on clomid for more than 6 months, your lining can be affected and so can your cervical mucus. It can turn hostile. If clomid doesn't work within 6 months, it's time to move on from clomid. You could be doing more harm.

KraizyDaizy
January 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
I feel a little better. Thanks for replying so quickly. Well I have been taking 4000mg of follic acid and taking a baby aspirin. What is dhea? What should I be taking. Until today I had not thought about it very much. I am not using RE yet, but my OB says I need one if I want a daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cravingsalt
January 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hi Kraizy!

Sorry to hear that you're discouraged with your numbers. But I truly think you're moving in the right direction, at least checking things out and getting a support system in place. I've started testing too, just trying to get this show on the road. I don't know a ton about the numbers but the lovely ladies here seem to. Thinking of you!