PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit's "Light" Boy Sway

rabbit
January 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
UPDATED!!!!! We went team green in the end and last week our little BOY arrived!!! The sway worked :-) (or we just got really lucky!) thanks to all for your tips and encouragement !!!! Blue dust to you all!

So hubby and I are hoping for 2 kids, we would love a boy then girl as that was the birth order both of us grew up in. However, seeing as this is baby #1 we didn't want to go too heavy on the swaying (baby #2 will be a different story!!) I was just going to do shettles as suggested in TCOYF and then found this site and added in a few more elements! Anyhow, due in July, here is our sway!

Name: Rabbit
Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH : Didn't check the day of BD because I O'd 4 days early throwing everything off! We had a very rushed BD around midnight after I got a + OPK before bed- the next AM my temp rose so we barely caught that egg! Had been 7-8 ish the week before though.
DH pH : never checked

Big O: Yes- before and after DH!

Minerals DW
Calcium: As little as possible.

Potassium: 2 cream of tarter/baking soda combo drinks per day the week of- yum! Plus tons of bananas.

Sodium: Lots. But this was no change from usual :-)

DH minerals
None. But his diet was similar to mine.

DIET:

Tons of tomatoes and avocados, lots of potatoes, cereal galore, bananas, avoided dairy products and sweets.. in 3 months TTC put on 8 pounds!

Did you continue diet after attempt? Until my BFP.

DH consume caffeine before attempt day: On the day of I'm sure he did, but not right before.

Drinks: Lemon water, BS drink, COT drink.

Supplements

Green Tea: At least 1 cup a day for DH and I!
Vitamin E: Yes (in multivitamin)
Vitamin D: Yes (in multivitamin)
Fish Oil: Yes
Folic Acid: Yes
Royal Jelly: No
Bee Pollen: No
B12: No
Potassium: Yes
Zinc: No
Prenatal: No, but multivitamin
Fertile CM: No
Mucinex: Yes, 2 times daily week of O
Wheat grass pills: No
EPO: No (I tried it once and it gave me horrible diarrhea and cramps! Yuck!)

DH supps:
Just a multivitamin.

Timing:
I was supposed to ovulated on CD 14. On cycle day 9 I started OPK testing and got a (-). Tested right before bed on CD 10 and it was positive! Was afraid of missing the egg (I know for boy you are supposed to wait 24 hours) so we DTD immediately. In the end we did:
O-2 (not intentionally BDing! but it might have done the trick...)
O

But not because this was our sway plan- because we were so caught off guard by early ovulation!

DH caffeine before attempt: No

How many kids do you have before: 0

Number of months TTC: 3 months- had a chemical the first cycle, BFN the second, and my beautiful sticky baby the third.

Your Age: 26

BD position: Doggy style. Propped up my hips for at least 45 minutes.

EWCM: Some, but not tons.

DH type of undies: boxer briefs

DH use cold bath/shower or ice: no

Old Wives tales, Astrology, Moon Phase, etc: biorhythms and moon cycle said boy! But this was just good luck :-)

Number of months TTC: 3

Will update you when I have pink/blue news! When I got my first BFP I had my heart set on a boy. But after my chemical I realized that all I wanted was a healthy sticky baby which is what I thankfully have :-) Blue would be a bonus, but I will be so happy either way (that's a nice thing about it being the 1st!).

Thanks to all of you who posted your boy sways- they were very helpful in getting ideas for mine, even if it was very very light!

Cinss
January 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Looks good to me, best of luck, wishing you a happy healthy 9 months, i will be looking forward to the update :)

rabbit
January 2nd, 2013, 11:38 PM
Looks good to me, best of luck, wishing you a happy healthy 9 months, i will be looking forward to the update :)

Thanks, Cinss! Hopefully we will have an update in a few weeks. And I know I will be on swaying overdrive for #2 no matter what the sex of this one is- we so badly want one of each!!!

prayforaboy
January 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Good sway rabbit ! I guess we all get cought into O day coming early or late ...... ours came early too..
good luck for your boy!

The Anchor
January 4th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hi Rabbit...I ended up O'ing 5 days early in the month that I conceived my boy - GOOD LUCK!

EODwife363
January 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Good luck!! I hope to O early this month because DH leaves in two days!
I hope you get your boy :)

Rabbit0809
January 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Hi Rabbit,lol,Im Rabbit as well,I hope we wont get confused on here ,esp since u r ttc blue,while im ttc pink ;)

rabbit
January 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Good luck to all of you!!! Wow, I thought that O 4 days early was a random weird occurance but I guess it happens more than I thought! Glad to hear you can still get blue :-) EOD I feel you pain, my eh travels all the time, I thought it would tie forever ttc because of his schedule. We got lucky! Fx for an early o for you too!! Starting those opks early paid off. Thank god for Internet cheapies!

Rabbit- haha that's so funny! We will have to keep things straight :-) hope you get your pink bundle!!

Cinss
January 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah i O'd 6 days early and conceived our boy too.

Pearl327
January 10th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Congratulations Rabbit. Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and are holding your little blue bundle in your arms in 9 months time.

Cinss
April 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Rabbit have you had your gender scan yet?

rabbit
July 5th, 2013, 10:28 PM
UPDATE on page one!!!!!! We waited and were team green- HE is here :-)

Pearl327
July 6th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Congratulations rabbit. Enjoy every minute with your little prince.

Cinss
July 7th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Congrats rabbit! Ill bet he is just the sweetest little guy. How did you feel when you found out? Must have been an awesome surprise :)

rabbit
July 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks all! We are so in love :-) the moment was very surreal- I remember my husband yelling "it's a boy it's a boy!! And not feeling that surprised- I knew deep down it was (but thought maybe it was wishful thinking) - just really really happy!! Will probably do a girl sway a few years down the road, but would love another little prince too :-) I feel very lucky!

dloui128
July 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Congrats!!!!

nuthinbutpink
July 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Congrats!

The Anchor
July 9th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Yaaaaaaay rabbit! Congrats on your SON!