PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Questions!!!

praying4princess
April 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hi Im new here, I was on IG but got sick of never being able to get on because of the wacky monkeys! :wave: I only have about 2 wks before my attempt and just want to make sure Ive got a plan down pat! I know I shouldnt have waited till the last minute for some of this, but Ive had so much going on!

First concern is I have a wedding the week before I O, so obviously I will be eating some no no's at the reception ( im sorry I dont have the will power to be around all those people eating yummy food and not have some myself :oops:!)...I plan on doing my best and not over doing it, but do you guys have any advice on this situation??

Ok as far as my sway~ please feel free to give advice~ I have been doing my absolute best sticking to the diet, with very small cheats here and there....I have lost 4lbs so far...taking Calcium/mag, cranberry, folic acid and acidophilus...spending alot of time outside, fans on, lavender oil, water fountain in bedroom, ion bracelets...as for pH, my strips usually just change in the middle or around the edges (imguessing due to lack of liquid on it) but theyve been staying at 4ish....now my only dilemma is deciding on timing which I know is least important but still stressing about it...oh and I also planned on doing the lime douche and still undecided about lube....:fx: :pray: :pray:

I was wondering about doing a cut-off and trying for O+12, or is that a bad idea, seeing as how either DTD once or frequent lowers sperm count? I have got to give this my very best shot at :XX:!

Any criticism and or advice is very appreciated...Im sure Im missing something in there!! :prof:!

Glittergirl
April 6th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Hi, Were both going for about the same time. I should O mid-late April. I was planning on doing frequent BD then after 3 day cutoff have DH continue release then o+12. I tried the 3-4 day cutoff in March but I o'd late and it ended up being a 5 day cutoff :( so I feel like that's too risky for a one shot deal. this time I'm doing frequent! As for diet, you are dong everythng great, I say enjoy the wedding then go back to your diet, you have a whole week to make up for it..that's what I would do anyway...but what do I know LOL!

Preggypops
April 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Good luck on your attempts ladies. Timing is the one thing I struggle with, especially with the girl diet. I do want to get pregnant quickly and therefore any attempt which relies on a one shot deal seems like a long shot to me. Has anyone thought about dtd 2 x every day up to ov and then the day after ov? I have never heard it mentioned but I thought it might lower sperm count but also allow you a good shot at getting pregnant.

praying4princess
April 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Well I mainly was wanting to try abstaining and doing cut-off and/or O+12 because we DTD frequently with both of our boys and I read you should do the opposite as you did for your boy! With my DS2 we actually attempted the Shettles Method, but I didnt do enough research, just read the book! I had no idea about the diet theory nor did I pinpoint my O enough, so who knows if we actually hit our 2 day cutt-off we were aiming for! So this time like you Glittergirl, Im worried about that 1 time not being enough in case i O late or it just doesnt work! Yet Im unsure of doing both, because either abstaining or frequent release is supposed to lower sperm count and I dont really consider 2x frequent release! Im trying not to stress myself too much over timing, but Im so scared since this is our last baby. Im just praying that the Lord will bless us with a healthy baby girl and that everything else Im doing will help. I hope Im doing enough! Good luck to you guys as well!!!!! I hope God answers all of our prayers!

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM
1) The wedding - a cheat here and there will not ruin your sway in any way. Don't go overboard but enjoy yourself with no regrets!!

2)Good for you with pH! You're right, that is due to lack of liquid (which is good because it indicates less/dry CM)

3)You have to ABSTAIN and then DTD once, not just DTD once, hopefully you knew that already. I personally think it is very hard to get pg with O+12 so it is much more likely that you will get pg from the cutoff anyway. I don't think there's anything bad or wrong about trying both anyway...you might want to have DH release 2X a day in between cutoff and O+12 so you get the benefits of frequent release the second time around.

praying4princess
April 6th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks Atomic!! Ive been doing my very best with diet and trying to accurately check pH! I sure hope that pH is pretty accurate. I had a baby shower this past weekend and chose my food options wisely with what I was dealt! It was mexican food mostly so that was testy!! Lol Surely they will have strawberries at the wedding so if I have to, I will just eat a big plate of strawberries right!!! Yes thats what i meant was abstaining and DTD once but also MAYBE trying O+12 in addition, as I just want to maximize my chances of getting pregnant this month, but would rather only DTD once if that jeopardizes my PINK chances! My husband cant take his meds while trying to conceive so that faster it happens the better! You have really given me some great advice and peace of mind Atomic! Thank you! I have been so stressed and my husband just says "whatever u tell me to do", when Im really needing someones opinion and someone to say this is what sounds best to me! I needed some reassurance, and youve really helped! And I decided to try the peppermint tea and licorice root for DH to lower testosterone...do those work well? I do suffer from mild acne still, so I assumed that means I have higher testosterone...but mine is only promoted by my menstrual cycle.

nicnee1976
April 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I was in a similar situation, it was DS3's birthday party 2 days before I O'd, so I did cheat a little with the diet. I tried to stick to calcium rich foods and avoided salty stuff. I was worried (and still am) that this may have affected my sway, I got my BFP last week!! But that said I had hardly any EWCM that month, in fact was dry most of the time and pH testing was tricky. So I would say if you are sticking to the diet at all other times, one day isn't going to make too much difference, if you are as sensible as possible. I will have to wait and see if I have a pink one of course!!

praying4princess
April 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well congrats Nicnee!!!!!!!! I hope it doesnt affect it too badly! I do worry alot though! Im going to try my best to avoid really salty foods....we shall see!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks Atomic!! Ive been doing my very best with diet and trying to accurately check pH! I sure hope that pH is pretty accurate. I had a baby shower this past weekend and chose my food options wisely with what I was dealt! It was mexican food mostly so that was testy!! Lol Surely they will have strawberries at the wedding so if I have to, I will just eat a big plate of strawberries right!!! Yes thats what i meant was abstaining and DTD once but also MAYBE trying O+12 in addition, as I just want to maximize my chances of getting pregnant this month, but would rather only DTD once if that jeopardizes my PINK chances! My husband cant take his meds while trying to conceive so that faster it happens the better! You have really given me some great advice and peace of mind Atomic! Thank you! I have been so stressed and my husband just says "whatever u tell me to do", when Im really needing someones opinion and someone to say this is what sounds best to me! I needed some reassurance, and youve really helped! And I decided to try the peppermint tea and licorice root for DH to lower testosterone...do those work well? I do suffer from mild acne still, so I assumed that means I have higher testosterone...but mine is only promoted by my menstrual cycle.

Licorice root does work well for DH but I would skip the pep tea (or drink it yourself) because that ~may~lower estrogen (they don't honestly know what half of these things do ;))

The acne is hard to know because once it gets into your skin (the bacteria that is) it can keep causing trouble for a long time even if your testosterone has gone down.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
:cheer:Congrats and good luck Nicnee!!!:cheer: