PDA

View Full Version : Things that may have lead to our little girl

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 12:44 AM
A little background for some of you.. DH & I were possibly thinking of ttc a girl this year, I was looking into certain things to do a mild sway but this LO decided to scrap those plans and surprise us lol BUT when they thought at the 12 week scan that this LO was possibly PINK I looked into what may have swayed that particular cycle and this is what I came up with. Probably doesnt help you all much I know but figured it also couldnt hurt either right x

Ok so the biggest thing that stood out to me was that I had been taking sudafed a bit as I was suffering badly with the flu so both being sick and sudafed could well have helped. DH & I didnt BD much that month - twice in fact! The first time was probably 8 or 9dpo and I did have the big "O"(and Im pretty certain DH had abstained that whole time, possibly longer but I cant be sure lol) the second time we BD was probably around 17dpo so again a large gap beetween BD and that time I didnt have the big "O" - so both timings could have helped with girl - second time I guess may have been O+12?? A side note to add, I didnt eat as much red meat as I may have when I fell with the boys and I was also taking a supplement called DIM and also a Liver cleanser for about 6 months prior which I hadnt been taking with the boys - Im not sure if DIM sways either way but thought Id include it as it was different. I had been exercising hard (boxing classes) for about 2 years prior around 3/4 times a week - the month I got the bfp though I had hurt my wrist so didnt go but I did do a few spin classes instead.

That is probably all I can think of, I hope maybe some of that can assist some of you at some point with your sways, I wish you all the very best of luck xx

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 02:23 AM
I am trying to delete tihis post and move it to the general section as I realise it probably doesnt belong here, any idea how I do it??

hopingforsaskia
January 3rd, 2013, 02:59 AM
But it probably does belong here sweetie, this was your sway! :)

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks hun, I just went and read some of the others and mine seemed silly in comparison so thought Id move it - I have no idea how to do that so I guess here it stays lol

babygirl
January 3rd, 2013, 03:33 AM
wow you give me hope. Can i ask more about what dose of dim you were on and also which liver cleanse you were taking please? I only ask as i am doing the same
congrats on your little girl

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Hey Babygirl, I hope it helps you!!!! I cant remember the name of the first brand of DIM I was taking but the last one before my bfp was Enzymatic and it was called Estrobalance - I got it from a place in the US called earthturns. Not the cheapest but trusted them for some reason. I was also taking a Liver tonic by Fusion as well. I was taking DIM as I had a massive fibroid (removed about 3 months before bfp) that I wanted to try and shrink. It didnt shrink it but I decided to keep taking it after surgery to avoid regrowth of another fibroid and figured it was good for you so couldnt hurt. Obviously I dont take it right now but I will start again after Ive finished nursing bubs once she arrives.

All the best!!!

Forgot to add I was taking 1-2 tablets a day - but I dont think it has as much DIM in each dose as the original one I was taking. I imagine I was taking roughly 1/200mg per day

babygirl
January 5th, 2013, 04:36 AM
thank you for that and congrats on your baby girl:bigsmile: