PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE. My vanishing twin hasnt yet vanished but hasnt grown either ....

Mum23boys
January 4th, 2013, 05:35 AM
BUT I do have one gorgeous little baby that measured 9 weeks 1 day and was like a lump of jelly wobbling around on the screen. Everything present and correct and measured 23.3mm CRL with a sac of 65mmx52mmx30mm
So something to be happy about - she tried to avoid scanning the second sac as much as possible I think to avoid upsetting me. Im a little gutted as had been dreaming of miracles happening and baby growing super fast and catching up but obviously it was just never meant to be.

thehappypixi
January 4th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Good news :D

rainbowflower
January 4th, 2013, 07:28 AM
yay for a healthy LO!!

Mum23boys
January 4th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks ladies the gd has set in though . If it was one baby is be 50 50 on gender but as twins I convinced myself they were boy girl and the girl passed away have never felt so sure since my first son call it instinct but I felt with the others they could be either this time in like the first time and know 100 % it will be a boy. I'm not upset by it just a bit gutted that I can't give my hubby his daughter

thehappypixi
January 4th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Think we can all relate (((hugs)))
Try not to dwell, the gender is what it is now, don't stress yourself out. Will you find out for certain when you can?

Wanting-a-girl
January 4th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Comgrats! Just think you will be getting your nub shot soon enough! I think it's possible that your subconscious is not even letting you think it's a girl for the fear of dissapointment... You mind is probably thinking its better to just think its a boy so that if I get told boy It won't hurt so bad.... There is still lots of hope...

Mum23boys
January 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks ladies - DH is refusing to find out - we didnt with any of the others and he thinks why take away the surprise and i can imagine the day being more special if we dont know especially if he gets his girl but i will certainly be trying to spot a nub at the 12 week scan which is scheduled for Jan 30th when i will be about 12+6-13 weeks !!! obviously i cant ask for one as DH will be there but ill have my eagle eyes on thats for sure !!! If my GD gets bad i might sneak off for a private scan but would mean keeping it from DH and not sure i could do that without feeling major guilt

3boys
January 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I'm do glad your LO is still healthy and growing nice and strong mum23, again sending hugs about his/her angel twin. X

EmmyRoo
January 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM
:( I was hoping no. 2 would have grown too but I'm glad no.1 is thriving. X

Justjessica
January 4th, 2013, 08:42 PM
So pleased that your LO is doing well. I'm sure I read on here somewhere that boys are more fragile and likely to miscarry, so maybe the girl is still going strong. It must be so hard for you going for scans feeling happy about one baby and sad about the other. I agree with wanting-a-girl, there's still hope for a girl :)

Violet_
January 4th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Great to her your baby is thriving mum, sorry about baby 2.

heidih1977
January 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Fantastic news about healthy baby 1...sad news about the other twin.

Mum23boys
January 5th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks ladies I am grateful that we have 1 but I just cant shake the feeling of sadness about not having twins - its always been my dream and then it was there and taken from me . Hubby doesnt understand as he thinks twins would be a nightmare not a blessing so i try not to talk about it. Anyway im doing ok and am so hapy i have 1 baby and at th emoment am trying to focus on keeping the GD at bay

fairyfrog
January 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM
:( Losing one child no matter how many healthy happy children you have doesn't make the pain go away from losing the one. I am so sorry and hope that your are able to mourn the loss of your child and find peace. When I lost one of my unborn children we had a ceremony to help us through the pain. Guys sometimes handle things differently, but I hope he realizes the sadness you are in and steps up. I hope you have someone you can lean on through this hard and joyous time. I find them the hardest to get through, because of the conflicting emotions. FX for your GD to come true. I will keep you in my prayers.