PDA

View Full Version : January 2WW!

Pages : [1] 2 3

black&gold
January 4th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Am I the only one waiting? at 11DPO (i think) now. AF is due Tuesday.

I've had cramping and lots of backache. My body is super exhausted today too and I *think* i've been waking to pee - maybe it's just my brain thinking about it that's waking me up. No boob pain yet which was a sign with my second baby.. however, I've had the very odd slight tingly letdown feeling.

Anyways, I'm not banking on it since we did abstain with one attempt 2 days before O (i think.. maybe longer.. or shorter.. my OPK's were all weird) used rephresh and antihistamines and I did a big J&D so it's quite unlikely!!!

Just curious if I'm the only one waiting :)

Thorz300
January 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I'll be in here soon!

3boys
January 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hoping to be here soon, I'm on CD14

Amberlilly55
January 4th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I should be joining you hopefully tomorrow! My DH left for work on the 1st and I should be ovulating tomorrow or Sunday. We DTD on the 1st. I know it isnt very likely that this is our month but I can't help but hope. Sigh. I hope that all of your signs and symptoms mean you will be getting your BFP this month!

black&gold
January 4th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I should be joining you hopefully tomorrow! My DH left for work on the 1st and I should be ovulating tomorrow or Sunday. We DTD on the 1st. I know it isnt very likely that this is our month but I can't help but hope. Sigh. I hope that all of your signs and symptoms mean you will be getting your BFP this month!

Hopefully you hit it right on around O day when he comes back! Good luck to you! I'm really trying not to test early but the suspense is killing me. I hate the 2ww.. it shouldn't exist :)

3boys
January 5th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Well after a dark (not quite as dark a the control line OPK ) yesterday, I was confident I would wake up to a positive this morning but no such luck :( should have known it was too good to be true after my miscarriage.
Not here yet :(
Oh well the wait continues....

Thorz300
January 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Well after a dark (not quite as dark a the control line OPK ) yesterday, I was confident I would wake up to a positive this morning but no such luck :( should have known it was too good to be true after my miscarriage.
Not here yet :(
Oh well the wait continues....

Sorry, I would do another OPK later today, from what I understand, OPK's are best in the afternoon. I hope you get yours soon!

Amberlilly55
January 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I ovulated today so it's time to move to this group! DH won't be back until the day AF is due so if there aren't some spermies left in there from the 1st I'm out this month. I'm trying to stay optimistic even though I know this most likely isn't my month. I just have more time to work on my diet! Good luck ladies! Here's to sticky beans! :)

HouseOfTurtles
January 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hi ladies! I haven't been around much with all the holiday commotion around here! I'm on DPO 15, AF was due yesterday, I've taken internet cheapies everyday since 9DPO and all BFN :( My cycles are super regular so its weird for me to be late, I get AF every 4th Friday in the afternoon/evening. I don't know what to think :/

TTCPink
January 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM
:wave:Hi Ladies! The 2WW begins for me today. I am 1DPO today. We did one attempt this month at the first positive OPK, which from my chart looks like it was two days before O day. Here's to hoping this is a lucky month. Hope we all start out the new year with some sticky BFP's!

ICB3
January 6th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I'm here too! Hello! I'm 5 dpo. Did our one attempt at positive OPK, that evening--and did CFR after DH released 5-6 hours prior. Good luck ladies, hope we get a lot of BFP in the new year!

Thorz300
January 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I think I am in here now! I think I O'd last night or sometime today just waiting for temp rise, but either way, we are done with our attempt so now comes the dreaded wait! now that this is our 3rd month ttc, I am used to the disappointment so I am not too hopeful :(

black&gold
January 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
just got AF this morning so I am out! I kind of figured I wasn't pregs so not to dissapointed. However, I am rethinking our frequency and all. No onto planning this month

Thorz300
January 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
just got AF this morning so I am out! I kind of figured I wasn't pregs so not to dissapointed. However, I am rethinking our frequency and all. No onto planning this month

What was the frequency you were doing? We were doing FR and DTD 16 straight times until O and I kept getting BFN so this time we really decreased our frequency and only DTD 4 times before O, so hopefully that will help!

black&gold
January 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
What was the frequency you were doing? We were doing FR and DTD 16 straight times until O and I kept getting BFN so this time we really decreased our frequency and only DTD 4 times before O, so hopefully that will help!

We did abstain with one attempt 1-2 days before O. I was using represh antihistamines and did a big J&D immediately after so I was really reducing my chances to begin with. This time were going to try FR - not a crazy long one though as my DH isn't used to that (7 days max before 1st attempt) and then we'll probably do 4-5 attempts. With my first two they were both an abstain for maybe a week and then 5 times around O. We got pregnant first cycle with each. I'm so torn on all this as I really want to get pregnant so I'm fighting the urge to just do what we did before all this sway talk!

I worry about reducing the count in general as someone said on another board it likely sways max 6%...

My Three Sons
January 7th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I'm still here. I thought for sure I was going to start the other day, way too early, but I am on CD 23 now. I should be starting soon, still getting the negatives on the tests as well.

Thorz300
January 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
1 DPO this is gonna be a long 2ww.................

Thorz300
January 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
So I have been suffering from an awful sinus infection and have just been prescribed an antibiotic. I am afraid to take it because I just barely O'd and I'm worried it might mess with fertilization or implantation. Does anyone have any knowledge in this subject? I would really like to get better, it is killing me!

Boymomsrock
January 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I don't know thorz. Just tell them you could be preg..,I'm about to get done too as this sickness has kicked my butt! So tired of feeling like crap!

TTCPink
January 8th, 2013, 10:21 AM
3 DPO today. Does anyone have a REALLY hard time sticking to the diet after you know you have O'd? I just have this wishful thinking every month that I am already pregnant and the diet doesn't matter anymore. I am craving all kinds of high-nutrient, high-fat foods, and I always think to myself IF there is a bean in there I want to start eating better ASAP! I had a bad cheat night last night...ate at a Mexican Restaurant and then came home and indulged in some truffles. I am continuing to skip breakfast and staying vegetarian, but I am know I was WAY over on sodium and fat yesterday. I guess for me I have to have some cheat nights to be able to stay sane and continue on this diet, but I feel so guilty afterwards...and then the next day it feels so much harder to be back to LE!

TTCPink
January 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
BoysMom and Thorz, sorry to hear you guys are not feeling well. I am not sure about the antibiotics but hope you guys feel better soon! I always hear on here that being sick sways pink, though I don't know the theory behind it.

TTCPink
January 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Thorz are you familiar with using a neti pot? Maybe it could help you. My dad used to be prone to sinus infections and his doctor recommended using it every day. He hasn't had a sinus infection in two years since he started. We have also had good results with my 7 year old with it too. In the past he has had colds that turn into a sinus infection but now I try to use it right away when he gets a cold to help prevent it from happening.

Thorz300
January 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Thorz are you familiar with using a neti pot? Maybe it could help you. My dad used to be prone to sinus infections and his doctor recommended using it every day. He hasn't had a sinus infection in two years since he started. We have also had good results with my 7 year old with it too. In the past he has had colds that turn into a sinus infection but now I try to use it right away when he gets a cold to help prevent it from happening.
My husband just told me about it last night and i was looking it up online, gotta tell you it looks silly but at this point I'm willing to try anything that's not medicine! I didn't go to the dr to get prescribed my antibiotic DH is a dr so one of his colegues wrote it for me. They are not OBGYN's though or family practice even. DH told me it shouldn't interfere but I'm still worried since it isn't his area of expertise!

WantingPink
January 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Thorz I am like you... I like to stay away from meds especially when I am preggers. So I have used a Netti pot when I have a sinus infection (even when I just have a really stuffy nose) and once you get use to it... you will be addicted!! I love mine. The first time I used it I was so scared and thought for sure I was going to drown:). It takes away all the sinus pressure and helps to clear out all the snot. So wonderful. If you get one DON'T use the crap it comes with. Use REAL sea salt and baking soda. The packages of powder some of them come with really burn your nose. Once you get the angle down and the right temperature you are going to love it. The key is to do it twice to three times a day even when you aren't feeling pressure until your infection is completely gone.

Use 8 oz of warm water, 1/2 tsp of sea salt (no iodine), and a pinch of baking soda.

Boymomsrock
January 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
And use bottled not tap water.

BabyGirl2013
January 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Hello! I thought I'd join this thread since I'm making myself crazy in the 2WW (googling everything related to pregnancy imagineable! :) I'll be 9 DPO tomorrow so I bought some Dollar Tree tests today and I think I'll try to test tomorrow AM.

Is 9DPO generally too early?? I got my BFP's with my two sons at 11 DPO, but I never tried testing any earlier.

Also, I'm experiencing TONS of creamy cm. I don't know if this is an early sign of pregnancy or not?? It may be that I've just never paid this close attention before (both of my boys were "surprises").

Good luck to all in the 2WW!

letiha
January 9th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hi guys, I'll be back for the 2WW very soon. Last month was another disapointing long cycle, I am hoping that this month is back to normal I am CD10 and noticed a small amount of EWCM so pulled out my stash of OPK and there was a 2nd line...not as dark as the other but mine normally build up, so I am thinking that I might O on CD 13 or 14 based on this. Fingers crossed.... I'll be back to join you all for the 2WW.

Thorz300
January 9th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hello! I thought I'd join this thread since I'm making myself crazy in the 2WW (googling everything related to pregnancy imagineable! :) I'll be 9 DPO tomorrow so I bought some Dollar Tree tests today and I think I'll try to test tomorrow AM.

Is 9DPO generally too early?? I got my BFP's with my two sons at 11 DPO, but I never tried testing any earlier.

Also, I'm experiencing TONS of creamy cm. I don't know if this is an early sign of pregnancy or not?? It may be that I've just never paid this close attention before (both of my boys were "surprises").

Good luck to all in the 2WW!

9 DPO is not too early, just dont be too heart broken if it is a BFN because plenty of ladies dont get them until AF is due. I personally am going to try to wait until 10 or 11 DPO as my LP is only 12 days. GL!!!

TTCPink
January 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM
BabyGirl, did you end up testing? It would be great to see a January BFP here. Good luck!! :) 4 DPO for me today...the 2WW is dragging this month!!

Thorz300
January 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
My good friend just informed me she got a BFP this morning!!! I am so excited for her, at the same time, it makes me really want to get mine this month too! I'm getting tired of seeing BFN every month. But it took her 5 months to get her BFP and this is only my 3rd so I shouldn't complain! If I don't get a BFP this month I am taking a break because I don't want another Nov/Dec baby as I already have 1 of each and it is already crazy enough with the holidays, I don't want to add another one to the mix of everything going on during that time!

Amberlilly55
January 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
My good friend just informed me she got a BFP this morning!!! I am so excited for her, at the same time, it makes me really want to get mine this month too! I'm getting tired of seeing BFN every month. But it took her 5 months to get her BFP and this is only my 3rd so I shouldn't complain! If I don't get a BFP this month I am taking a break because I don't want another Nov/Dec baby as I already have 1 of each and it is already crazy enough with the holidays, I don't want to add another one to the mix of everything going on during that time!

We really are at the same place in our cycle and everything else! 3 boys all the same ages. :) if I don't get pregnant next cycle we will be taking several months off to avoid birthdays as well. I have one in early December, valentines day and mid march. Come on sticky little pink beans!

BabyGirl2013
January 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM
BabyGirl, did you end up testing? It would be great to see a January BFP here. Good luck!! :) 4 DPO for me today...the 2WW is dragging this month!!

I did...BFN. I looked at my dates again and I think I'm actually more like 8 DPO. I'm not disappointed yet! I'll test again Friday, maybe. I FEEL pregnant. Not that I have "pregnancy symptoms", but just little twinges and pulls in my uterus that I felt with the first two...like something is happening in there. I'm sure it could be my imagination too!

Thorz300 - we're hoping to avoid a Nov/Dec baby too. We might have one more shot after this cycle for an end of October/early November baby (my cycles tend to be irregular, so who knows!), but then we'll take a break. So there's a lot riding on this one!

What brand of tests does everyone use? I have a couple Dollar Tree, but should I get an FRER or another brand? Not sure which is the most sensitive...

Thorz300
January 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I just use the Dollar Tree pg test, they are the only kind I have ever used and they work great!

So here I am 2-3 DPO and I am feeling the pinch/pull stab type feelings on my left side. I'm not optimistic about it though Even though these are the same feelings I felt w/ my first two sons and the chemical I had 2 months ago, because they also feel exactly like an early cyst and it is hard to tell the difference. I'm just going to assume it is a cyst so I don't get let down. Oh the beauties of the 2ww! I really hope I can with stand the pressure to POAS and just hold off until 11 DPO ugh!

aussiettc
January 10th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hi ladies. I'm back in here (and have to say I really, really hate this 2ww!!!) Wish I could be more oblivious so it would go by in a blur but here I am counting days yet again. I'm only day 3 so its going to be a long 2 weeks. Lots of baby dust to all :fx:

4Giffins
January 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hi girls!! Im here to wait with you also! With only 1dpo, hoping we get some BFP to help pass the time! :)

BabyGirl2013
January 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I just use the Dollar Tree pg test, they are the only kind I have ever used and they work great!

So here I am 2-3 DPO and I am feeling the pinch/pull stab type feelings on my left side. I'm not optimistic about it though Even though these are the same feelings I felt w/ my first two sons and the chemical I had 2 months ago, because they also feel exactly like an early cyst and it is hard to tell the difference. I'm just going to assume it is a cyst so I don't get let down. Oh the beauties of the 2ww! I really hope I can with stand the pressure to POAS and just hold off until 11 DPO ugh!

I'm going through the exact same thing! I was having some sharp, stabbing pain on the left side at 5 dpo and it really got my hopes up since I felt similar twinges with both of my other pregnancies. This morning, though I noticed blood in my urine and a burning sensation...hello, UTI! Ugh, now I'm thinking that all of the "activity" I've been feeling down there was just the sneaky infection. That's what I get for daily BDing for over two weeks.

Anyway, the good (or maybe bad??) thing is that my doctor did do blood work at my appointment this afternoon so IF I'm pregnant I should know by tomorrow when the results are back from the lab. I'm nervous though, because if my blood hcg test comes back negative at 9 dpo I think I'm probably out. :nails:

Mum to three girls
January 11th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Hi everyone, I'm here again but only 1 dpo (I think, my cycle's been a bit confusing this time). So I've got AGES to wait. DH and I decided we'd give it another three or four months before opting out, our main reason for TTCing is to have a fourth close in age to our third and of course I'm certainly not getting any younger (40 this year). So hopefully this month will be THE month. Good luck to everyone else, I'm jealous of those who are nearly ready to POAS!

Thorz300
January 11th, 2013, 06:11 AM
I just had a dream that I got a BFP, I hate that my dreams at night are giving me hope!.......

Boymomsrock
January 11th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I think I'm in here, I'm not sure. My cycle is all messed up due to soy and being sick with some upper resp crud and i had a fever for days. I think i may have o'd at like day 9? Though I really don't think it's possible to be pregnant anyway because dh and I only did it once and if i o when I think I did it'd be a good 3 day cut off. Sigh. I'm just ready to get my period already.

Thorz300
January 11th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I think I'm in here, I'm not sure. My cycle is all messed up due to soy and being sick with some upper resp crud and i had a fever for days. I think i may have o'd at like day 9? Though I really don't think it's possible to be pregnant anyway because dh and I only did it once and if i o when I think I did it'd be a good 3 day cut off. Sigh. I'm just ready to get my period already.

Sorry you had such a messed up cycle, I am sure that is frustrating! Hopefully a 3 day cut off gives you a sticky bean. It isn't impossible, so keep hopes alive!

BabyGirl2013
January 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I got a negative blood test back from the Dr (taken at 9dpo). I'm so bummed. I really thought everything was timed perfectly. I mean, we could not have possibly BD'd more than we did through O. But maybe that was the problem...lowered the sperm count too much? I know it's still "possible" to be pregnant if implantation took longer than usual, but I'm not counting on that. It's harder than I thought it would be...hearing/seeing "negative". With my last pregnancy I was literally praying on the bathroom floor that two lines DIDN'T show up (I wasn't ready for a second at that time.) And this time so much hard work and planning and calculating just to end up not pregnant really sucks. I know I shouldn't be so dramatic...I know others have been trying for multiple months. I'm just feeling defeated.

The Anchor
January 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
It IS really hard. I've had 3 pregnancies that were one-hit-wonders, really not even trying at all. Unfortunately my 3rd ended in m/c, and we've been REALLY trying the last 3 months to no avail. It's so frustrating. I don't even remember what it's like to DTD without ulterior motives! Don't give up hope yet...I'm 6dpo and I woke up with a raging headache this morning, I'm grasping at straws :)

TTCPink
January 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Anchor, I am 6DPO today too and I also woke up with a raging headache (that will not subside!) Is this a good sign?? This is our third month of TTC with our GD sway, and I had tried unsuccessfully for 2 months with Shettles timing before I found Gender Dreaming in Sept (Thank goodness it didn't work then since I learned here that Shettles has been proven wrong!) Our two boys were one hit wonders as well. I am starting to get a little frustrated too. I can't lose any more weight on LE, so I'm just hoping and praying for a BFP this month!! What day will you test Anchor? I am thinking I will test on 9DPO. Sorry the test was negative BabyGirl. It is definitely a roller coaster.

The Anchor
January 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Well I RARELY get headaches, and I'm actually a little excited about this one...cuz the last time I got one was in the early days of pg with DS. Same as you TTCPink, it's a bad one, cannot shake it, and there really is no reason for it. Plus I don't want to take anything for it, you know, just in case ;) HEY let's be POAS buddies, I was planning on 10dpo, but I've got a whole stack of ICs...

TTCPink
January 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Yay! A POAS buddy! I can hold out until 10DPO if you want. We will have a better chance at seeing a BFP that day anyway. I have been spotting at 8DPO the last couple cycles so I am just praying my luteal phase is better this month. I agree about the headache...I rarely get them as well...though I was wondering if it could be a result of keeping blood sugar low? If that were the case I would think it would happen the rest of the month while on LE though, so I am hoping it is a sign!

yamanote
January 12th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Hi ladies!
Just found this section :-) I'm at 7dpo today and I've been swaying pink. For the last three days I've woken up with a terrible headache that luckily went away with a nice long shower... then today, right in the middle of the day, for no apparent reason, my back feels like a horse kickede in both kidneys. I get a lot of upper back/neck pain from working at my bench at my job, but I never have mid or lower back pain, and certainly not like this!! Crimony....
Here's hoping the back pain is a good sign for a bfp...!

Oh, and after being really good on the pink diet with no cheating, I went out to dinner tonight and did end up eating way more than I ought to have. Still small portions, but not 'pink friendly'... and now I'm super nauseated.... anybody else feel like that after a cheat? I'm thinking my poor tummy does not know what to do with all that protein and foie gras...lol!

yamanote
January 12th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Hey Anchor and TTCPink, can I get in on the POAS buddy action? I think we're the same dpo. And I just went to the dollar tree and bought $20 worth of tests, lol!

yamanote
January 12th, 2013, 02:49 AM
And use bottled not tap water.

Yes, we always use distilled, there were horror stories about people using tapwater...

Thorz300
January 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Ugh I know its only 4 dpo but I have absolutely no symptoms of pregnancy......not feeling like this is my month :(

sugar1117
January 12th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone I am 3dpo and have been having some cramping, I never tracked ovulation with my girls so I don't know what symptoms I had in the 2ww.

The Anchor
January 12th, 2013, 10:14 PM
If it helps...I had no symptoms until 7dpo...and even then it was just a headache. GL!

sugar1117
January 12th, 2013, 10:26 PM
If it helps...I had no symptoms until 7dpo...and even then it was just a headache. GL!

well I had an ultra sound the day of or day after ovulation because they thought I had a cysts but there wasn't any cysts to be seen just fluid behind my uterus which means ovulation or a cyst burst since I was not in a lot of pain I assume it was ovulation, I didn't chart this month only using OPK so we will see what happens. I have a headache today so I guess this will just be a long wait.

Andi
January 13th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hello I will join you here, we DTD yesterday and today (TMI!) and got a positive OPK yesterday so hopefully the "magic" is happening today where sperm meets egg! Period due around the 24th... Fingers crossed for the rest of you :) x

Mum to three girls
January 13th, 2013, 05:29 AM
It IS really hard. I've had 3 pregnancies that were one-hit-wonders, really not even trying at all. Unfortunately my 3rd ended in m/c, and we've been REALLY trying the last 3 months to no avail. It's so frustrating. I don't even remember what it's like to DTD without ulterior motives! Don't give up hope yet...I'm 6dpo and I woke up with a raging headache this morning, I'm grasping at straws :)

I know what you mean! It's month three for us now and I can see that it might not happen. DD1 was an accident and DDs 2 and 3 were planned but pretty much first attempt. I never ever thought it would be tricky to conceive, even though I'm older now. Fx for us all this month though.

I'm 3dpo now and can't believe how long it is until I can POAS. Isn't there anyone further on who is ready to? Given that I can't yet I'd like to live vicariously though a fellow TWWer.

Sunflower3
January 13th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Can I join you here? I got my positive opk Wednesday night/positive digi Thursday morning. Do t expect to get pregnant as I just oed after my identical twins miscarriage. Had my D&C on 12/28. Didn't expect to o so soon.

Boymomsrock
January 13th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good luck sunflower! I O'd fairly quickly after my mc too.

Sunflower3
January 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks boymoms! I just hope it doesn't take long to get pregnant.
Sorry for your loss boymoms. When was your miscarriage?

Boymomsrock
January 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
This was years ago. I miscarried at 5 1/2-6 weeks and started bleeding again about a week later after the m/c bleeding stopped. I ovulated right on time and got preg with twins. They're 6 now! Lol!

Sunflower3
January 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Oh that gives me hope. I just lost identical twins and just hope I get pregnant super fast. It's been really hard on me. I think a BFP would make me happy!!!! Thanks for giving me hope!!!! xxx

yamanote
January 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Fingers crossed for you Sunflower! :-)

yamanote
January 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Anybody else itching to POAS? I forced myself not to today...but tomorrow morning is 10dpo, and I think I'll give it a go :-)
Especially now that boobs and nipples hurt without even touching them, my back is killing me, and I keep getting flushed/hot cheeks and feeling like I'm running a low temp. Minus the backache, exactly how I felt when I had a strong chemical pg over the summer! (Got a good line and then it faded before I could get in to the doc)

Trying not to get too excited, but dang. I'm excited...lol.

Thorz300
January 13th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Anybody else itching to POAS? I forced myself not to today...but tomorrow morning is 10dpo, and I think I'll give it a go :-)
Especially now that boobs and nipples hurt without even touching them, my back is killing me, and I keep getting flushed/hot cheeks and feeling like I'm running a low temp. Minus the backache, exactly how I felt when I had a strong chemical pg over the summer! (Got a good line and then it faded before I could get in to the doc)

GL tomorrow, I hope you get your BFP

TTCPink
January 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM

I am having a hard time holding myself back from POAS too!! I am 8DPO today, so trying to hold out until 10DPO on Tuesday. My boobs were so sore overnight that it hurt to turn over in bed. I have never had them hurt that bad before except when I was pregnant, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. I hope you see your BFP tomorrow morning yamanote!

TTCPink
January 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Glad to see you here Sunflower!

True Blue
January 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM
GL to you all hope you get your BFP's :fx:

Thorz300
January 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I'm jealous of all you ladies getting ready to POAS, I am so far away from that it seems (at 5 DPO) GL and keep us updated!!! We love to live through you ladies until we get there ourselves!!!

ltester
January 13th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks to all who have posted! I feel obsessed already and I am in my first month of trying. I had ewcm on Friday but my pee on a stick predictors did not show a distinct line until yesterday. We did FR for 12 days and then a two (or perhaps 1) day cutoff. I easily became pregnant with my two sons (4 and 5.5), but this time, we are 6 months post vasectomy reversal(if only my DH had believed me when I told him I didn't feel done!)and I don't actually know if we are fertile. I'm itching to cheat with the diet, but it is almost easy to keep my calories low as I feel so full so quickly now! The next 10 days are going to be long. Good luck to everyone. I have my fingers crossed for you all.

yamanote
January 13th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks everybody! I'll keep you posted in the morning ... and TTCpink, fingers crossed for you Tuesday!

Thorz300- I know, that first week is killer, huh! Almost through it though, and then we'll be waiting for your poas post! :-)

Good luck Itester :-) Hope this is your cycle!

Thorz300
January 13th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Ok ladies, I am really trying hard not to read into this too much, but I am feeling a lot of AF like cramping! If I wasn't possibly pg I would be using a heating pad right now. I haven't ever gotten menstrual cramping as a pregnancy sign but I have also never had cramps a whole week before AF is due!! HMMMm weird, but I guess I can only speculate for now and I will know if it means anything in a week! GL to everyone!!

WantingPink
January 14th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Ok ladies, I am really trying hard not to read into this too much, but I am feeling a lot of AF like cramping! If I wasn't possibly pg I would be using a heating pad right now. I haven't ever gotten menstrual cramping as a pregnancy sign but I have also never had cramps a whole week before AF is due!! HMMMm weird, but I guess I can only speculate for now and I will know if it means anything in a week! GL to everyone!!

That sounds a great symptom... will you be waiting until 10 DPO to test?

yamanote
January 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Ooh, Thorz that sounds promising! Fingers crossed!

And if that's your current chart in your sig line, your temps are looking good so far too :-)

Mum to three girls
January 14th, 2013, 05:30 AM
That sounds exciting Thorz. I'm having nothing here on 4 dpo! I don't expect anything yet but I'd love something to obsess over and overinterpret.

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
That sounds a great symptom... will you be waiting until 10 DPO to test?

I'm not quite sure. I really want to wait until 10 or 11 dpo but the urge to poas is creeping in. I am only 6 dpo but my LP is only 12 days so tomorrow would be 5 days before AF is due. I'm going to try really hard to wait at least until Friday

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Ooh, Thorz that sounds promising! Fingers crossed!

And if that's your current chart in your sig line, your temps are looking good so far too :-)

Yep those are my current temps!

ltester
January 14th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I'm not quite sure. I really want to wait until 10 or 11 dpo but the urge to poas is creeping in. I am only 6 dpo but my LP is only 12 days so tomorrow would be 5 days before AF is due. I'm going to try really hard to wait at least until Friday

I'm rooting for you, Thorz! Friday will be here before you know it. :)

Sunflower3
January 14th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Praying its good news for you! Fx! Tx!

yamanote
January 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Ok, so I poas' d today, (10dpo) and got a bfn. But I'm not too bummed yet because my crazy bac k pain boob pain and temp started on Friday/Saturday, and everything says around 3 days to fully implant and another 2 days before hgc rises enough to be picked up on an hpt.

So, going on my theory that the ' weekend of pain' (lol) marked the start of implantation, thst means wednesday would likely be my first chance for a positive.

Btw, you don't think I'm waiting til Wed to test again, do you? Heck no! That's what I bought $20 worth of dollar store tests for, haha!

I'll check in again tomorrow...ttcpink and I will have to report in :-)

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Ok, so I poas' d today, (10dpo) and got a bfn. But I'm not too bummed yet because my crazy bac k pain boob pain and temp started on Friday/Saturday, and everything says around 3 days to fully implant and another 2 days before hgc rises enough to be picked up on an hpt.

So, going on my theory that the ' weekend of pain' (lol) marked the start of implantation, thst means wednesday would likely be my first chance for a positive.

Btw, you don't think I'm waiting til Wed to test again, do you? Heck no! That's what I bought $20 worth of dollar store tests for, haha!

I'll check in again tomorrow...ttcpink and I will have to report in :-)

LOL you have a very positive fun attitude about it...I love it!

The Anchor
January 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry yamanote. You're not out yet. I'm at 9po and I think I'll wait 'til tomorrow. Waiting to see if ttcpink has any news....

yamanote
January 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Anchor, I forgot you and ttcpink are the same dpo! Fingers crossed for the three of us tomorrow! !

TTCPink
January 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I am holding strong and still haven't tested!! There will be lots of us POAS tomorrow morning!!! Exciting!!

TTCPink
January 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
That sounds exciting Thorz. I'm having nothing here on 4 dpo! I don't expect anything yet but I'd love something to obsess over and overinterpret.

I love your quote because I am totally obsessing and overinterpretting right now...
My hopeful signs: I usually spot at 8 or 9 DPO but today I have a pretty good amount of creamy CM. There was the smallest, tiniest, pin drop in the middle of the CM. This was nothing like the spotting I usually get which is tinted brown. I am hoping and praying it's a sign of implantation! Still have sore boobs, and I am sooooo hungry the last few days. I know all these could also signal AF...but for some reason I am feeling more hopeful this month. Even if it is not a BFP this month I am still so happy to see a more normal luteal phase and good temps this month. But who am I kidding...I am going to be SOOOO bummed if I see a BFN tomorrow.

yamanote
January 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
TTC pink that sounds so promising! Eeks, can't wait for all of us to test tomorrow!

TTCPink
January 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Me too!! Anyone know the odds of a positive test at 10DPO? Just something else to obsess about. I'll google it. LOL

BabyGirl2013
January 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Did anyone have frequent urination as a very early pregnancy symptom with their other pregnancies? I have to pee constantly and I'm not drinking more than usual. I've also felt like my period is coming at any minute, but have yet to start bleeding...which is very weird for me b/c by the time I start cramping I'm usually already bleeding. I had a negative blood test at 8-9 dpo and figured I was out, but now I'm starting to wonder. I'm terrified to test though...I can't stand reading the words "not pregnant" on the digital tests! I always thought the frequent urination was generally later in pregnancy, but this is a very noticeable change in my normal routine so I can't help thinking that something is up. Also, I've been on meds to treat a UTI for 5 days now, so it's not that. Oddly I'm peeing more now than I did when I had the full blown infection! Anyway, maybe I'm grasping at straws here. AF is due tomorrow. Hopefully I can stay away from that digi test until then!

TTCPink
January 14th, 2013, 03:55 PM
This is pretty neat. You can click on each DPO to see the likelihood of a BFP, symptoms, etc.

Pregnancy Test Results for 10 Days Past Ovulation | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=10)

TTCPink
January 14th, 2013, 03:59 PM
BabyGirl, I would test again tomorrow if AF doesn't arrive...you never know! You may want to consider getting rechecked to make sure your UTI is responding to the antibiotic since you are having the frequent urination.

The Anchor
January 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Awesome, TTC pink! After I read your post I though I'd do my own googol, lol. I didn't find this one, I love it.

fish2012
January 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM
good luck ladies, i spent forever here hope to see some of you over in the sept due date really soon!

aussiettc
January 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hi girls. 7DPO...this time is dragging by! And no real pregnancy symptoms beyond some mild nausea today which of course could be anything. Goodluck to all those POAS ladies tomorrow...can't wait to see some BFPs to celebrate! GL!

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hi girls. 7DPO...this time is dragging by! And no real pregnancy symptoms beyond some mild nausea today which of course could be anything. Goodluck to all those POAS ladies tomorrow...can't wait to see some BFPs to celebrate! GL!
It certainly does drag on....I am 6DPO when are you planning on POAS?

BabyGirl2013
January 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM
BabyGirl, I would test again tomorrow if AF doesn't arrive...you never know! You may want to consider getting rechecked to make sure your UTI is responding to the antibiotic since you are having the frequent urination.

Thanks, TTCPink! I did have a follow up appointment today. No trace of the infection left, and they didn't do another blood test to check for HCG. I think I'll wait until Wednesday to POAS. I would rather get my period than see a BFN! Good luck to all tomorrow!! Can't wait to hear some good news :)

ltester
January 14th, 2013, 07:56 PM
This is pretty neat. You can click on each DPO to see the likelihood of a BFP, symptoms, etc.

Pregnancy Test Results for 10 Days Past Ovulation | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=10)

Thanks for sharing this! It makes me want to wait as long as I can, though.... Getting negatives for five days would be hard to bear, but I don't know if I can wait, either. Those of you who are testing early, does the emotional up and down of testing and getting bfn get you down?

yamanote
January 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM
TTCPink thanks for sharing that!
It definitely makes me feel more confident that I'm nowhere near out yet.

Itester, I used to let it get me down, but things have shifted for me lately: figured out a longstanding health problem that was the cause of 3 unsuccessful years of ttc, plus I've done more reasearch about the process itself and how long it takes (and how hard it is to pinpoint ovulation or implantation)... all of that plus graphs like the one you linked to.... and I'm relatively laid back about it now.

But ask me again if I hit 14dpo and still have bfn's lol ;-)

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
So I'm going to the dr on Wednesday, not for any particular reason, just because I am new to the area and need a new dr. (family dr not OBGYN) Anyhow they said they will do a battery of routine tests including a blood test does anyone know if this routine type of test would show HCG? Or if it is anything they will even be looking for? I will be 8 DPO at my appt.

The Anchor
January 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this! It makes me want to wait as long as I can, though.... Getting negatives for five days would be hard to bear, but I don't know if I can wait, either. Those of you who are testing early, does the emotional up and down of testing and getting bfn get you down?

GAWD I am a TERRIBLE 2WWer. I would actually rather get AF than get a BFN. I try to hold out as long as possible. To be honest, I've only ever POAS my last pg (ended in m/c) and the last 3 months since. It makes me crazy!

The Anchor
January 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM
So I'm going to the dr on Wednesday, not for any particular reason, just because I am new to the area and need a new dr. (family dr not OBGYN) Anyhow they said they will do a battery of routine tests including a blood test does anyone know if this routine type of test would show HCG? Or if it is anything they will even be looking for? I will be 8 DPO at my appt.

Not likely, unless you ask for it...

The Anchor
January 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Forgot to add itester...my girlfriend just got BFNs on 8, 9 and 10 dpo...then a BFP on 11dpo.

BabyGirl2013
January 14th, 2013, 10:18 PM

When I switched Dr's they did similar routine testing, but didn't check for HCG. It all goes off to a lab and if they don't order a specific test it won't be checked for that particular thing. The testing is more for health related issues. But maybe you could mention you might be pregnant and maybe they'll throw that on the order.

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
When I switched Dr's they did similar routine testing, but didn't check for HCG. It all goes off to a lab and if they don't order a specific test it won't be checked for that particular thing. The testing is more for health related issues. But maybe you could mention you might be pregnant and maybe they'll throw that on the order.

Well if it all goes to a lab, I probably wouldn't find out til a day or two later, and by then I can just POAS so I probably wont mention it at all. 4 more days until I POAS!

Also, I wanted to mention that my cramps are gone :( I was hoping they were a good sign but they have vanished!

WantingPink
January 14th, 2013, 10:39 PM

My last family doc was very picky about what they would run on me. I am 37 and they wouldn't even do a cholesterol because a didn't have a family history. I had to beg for a CBC. There is no way they will run an HCG without requesting it and even if they do run it, insurance may or may not cover it. If you have good insurance go ahead and request it. If you don't I would hold out... dollar store tests are much cheaper. They probably won't run an quantitative HCG (where you get a number) on you anyway, just a pregnancy tests and the preg tests that the doctor uses are NO DIFFERENT then what you can get at any local drug store.

TTCPink
January 14th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Well, I am feeling much less optimistic now. Spotting has increased this evening and I am having cramps. I think AF is on her way. I'm only 9 DPO but I have a short luteal phase. I am worried that my short LP is not allowing enough time for implantation. I have read that Vitamin B6 can increase LP, but of course that sways blue. Sigh. I guess there is still a chance for this month...but since I spot every month at this time I really think it's AF starting to make her entrance. This is our third cycle TTC with our GD sway (after also TTC for a couple months before I found this site.) I now realize how lucky we were to conceive so quickly with our boys. This is becoming an emotional roller coaster of getting hopes up and being let down each month. I agree with those that say you would much rather see AF than a BFN...I am feeling the same way this month.

Good luck Anchor and BabyGirl if you test tomorrow. I guess I might test in the morning just in case, unless AF is here in full force by then. You never know...

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Well, I am feeling much less optimistic now. Spotting has increased this evening and I am having cramps. I think AF is on her way. I'm only 9 DPO but I have a short luteal phase. I am worried that my short LP is not allowing enough time for implantation. I have read that Vitamin B6 can increase LP, but of course that sways blue. Sigh. I guess there is still a chance for this month...but since I spot every month at this time I really think it's AF starting to make her entrance. This is our third cycle TTC with our GD sway (after also TTC for a couple months before I found this site.) I now realize how lucky we were to conceive so quickly with our boys. This is becoming an emotional roller coaster of getting hopes up and being let down each month. I agree with those that say you would much rather see AF than a BFN...I am feeling the same way this month.

Good luck Anchor and BabyGirl if you test tomorrow. I guess I might test in the morning just in case, unless AF is here in full force by then. You never know...

So sorry! I'm still holding out hope for you! Anything is possible!

BabyGirl2013
January 14th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Well, I am feeling much less optimistic now. Spotting has increased this evening and I am having cramps. I think AF is on her way. I'm only 9 DPO but I have a short luteal phase. I am worried that my short LP is not allowing enough time for implantation. I have read that Vitamin B6 can increase LP, but of course that sways blue. Sigh. I guess there is still a chance for this month...but since I spot every month at this time I really think it's AF starting to make her entrance. After 4 months of being on LE and swaying and seeing BFN's I realize how lucky we were to conceive so quickly with our boys. This is becoming an emotional roller coaster of getting hopes up and being let down each month. I agree with those that say you would much rather see AF than a BFN...I am feeling the same way this month.

Hang in there, TTCPink! I honestly didn't realize how difficult this was going to be either. I barely looked at my husband and got pregnant with both my boys. I'd never even seen a BFN prior to this attempt. I did want to let you know that I've taken B6 in the past and it did increase my LP in the first month of taking it daily (however I wasn't taking it for that purpose). I wonder what Atomic would say...if B6 sways blue heavily OR "if you don't get pregnant you don't have any chance at your DG" and to go for it.

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Good luck Ttcpink! Fingers and toes crossed that it isn't AF already...! Keep us posted :-/

Sunflower3
January 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Cramps that vanish are actually a good pregnancy sign Thorz. :)

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Cramps that vanish are actually a good pregnancy sign Thorz. :)

hmmmm I have never heard that. Why is it a good sign?

Sunflower3
January 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Had them when I got pregnant in November. Atomic said it was a good sign. Implantation maybe???

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Had them when I got pregnant in November. Atomic said it was a good sign. Implantation maybe???

But I was only 5 dpo at the time. Isn't that a little early for implantation cramps....Sorry I should know these things since I've had 3 kiddos, it is just that we never really ttc so I never really had to endure the misery of the 2ww the ONLY symptom I have ever felt with my kids is the pinch/twinge pains and immense hunger. So those random AF like cramps at 5 dpo really threw me off!

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I think its on the early side that the eggy would start implanting, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility! I think after fertilization it takes 2-4 days to travel down, then starts implanting...so could be :-)

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Oh, and got a bfn when I poas' d this morning...but I'm waiting to see what tomorrow's test shows up since it seems more likely I'd have a decent amount of hgc tomorrow if this weekend was implantation (and not just a random terrible backache, boobache and fever)

Crossing fingers for tomorrow!

Anchor? Whatcha got? :-)

TTCPink? How's it going this morning?

Sunflower3
January 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Didn't realize it was so early for your cramping but egg can fertilize 6-12 dpo.

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
GL tomorrow Yamanote, sorry about the BFN

Yep the really bad cramps were on the late evening of 5 dpo then I really didn't feel anything yesterday, but I may have spoken too soon! I'm starting to cramp again but not nearly as bad at 5 dpo.

ltester
January 15th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Knowing your friend got a bfp at 11 but not earlier makes me feel more confident in trying to wait until 11 dpo to test. It is funny how only 4 days out, I am experiencing what I am sure are psychosomatic symptoms, though, and I want to know as soon as possible. I've wanted this for so long, and while my two boys were so quickly conceived, I don't have the same confidence this time. There is more emotion tied up in it this time. Getting a dpn will definitely be disappointing, although reading all that you ladies have written makes me know that I am not alone which is huge.

Thorz, I wouldn't think that a break in the cramping would mean anything. I remember with my first pregnancy feeling something really early on but second guessing myself because I felt 'normal' again. Friday is your big day, right?

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Knowing your friend got a bfp at 11 but not earlier makes me feel more confident in trying to wait until 11 dpo to test. It is funny how only 4 days out, I am experiencing what I am sure are psychosomatic symptoms, though, and I want to know as soon as possible. I've wanted this for so long, and while my two boys were so quickly conceived, I don't have the same confidence this time. There is more emotion tied up in it this time. Getting a dpn will definitely be disappointing, although reading all that you ladies have written makes me know that I am not alone which is huge.

Thorz, I wouldn't think that a break in the cramping would mean anything. I remember with my first pregnancy feeling something really early on but second guessing myself because I felt 'normal' again. Friday is your big day, right?

Yes Friday will be 10dpo so I really want to wait until then! But I know that I will be tempted to POAS earlier, I just hate all the BFN so I'm gonna try my hardest to wait until then! I hear you on the psychosomatic symptoms I have felt them every time these last 3 cycles. This is my only cycle with no real symptoms other than the cramping so that worries me a little.

The Anchor
January 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
BFN :( The thing is...I really FEEL pregnant this month. Cramping, sore bbs, a couple of weird headaches. I know I'm not out yet, but now I'm regretting POAS today. Why didn't I wait 'til 12dpo? Aaaaaaaaaargh, so frustrating, now I'm just in a crappy mood.

You're not out either yamanote. And 'til I hear otherwise, I'm not counting TTC pink out yet either...

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
BFN :( The thing is...I really FEEL pregnant this month. Cramping, sore bbs, a couple of weird headaches. I know I'm not out yet, but now I'm regretting POAS today. Why didn't I wait 'til 12dpo? Aaaaaaaaaargh, so frustrating, now I'm just in a crappy mood.

You're not out either yamanote. And 'til I hear otherwise, I'm not counting TTC pink out yet either...

So sorry!!! We really need some BFP in here so I'm holding out hopes for all you ladies who are in the window!!! I don't think we have had any BFP in the January 2ww and if we have it isn't many....Lets get them started with you ladies who are at or past 10dpo!!!!!!! Positive thoughts coming your way!

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM

Thanks Anchor! I know, this is the first time since last summer's chemical that I truly feel pg again! I think we just got antsy.... tomorrow or Thursday maybe we'll get our bfp's :-) good luck!!

TTCPink
January 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I am feeling like I let myself get way too hopeful this month. BFN this morning for me this morning. Still spotting today. I expect it will turn into AF tomorrow. I am bummed...I just feel deflated. Was I really just imagining all those symptoms? Or maybe I had a little bean in there trying to implant but my crappy luteal phase washed it right out. Who knows. I think I might go ahead and make an appointment with my OBGYN and show him my charts and see if he thinks my luteal phase is a concern. This will make 5 months of trying while tracking ovulation and not conceiving (I am including the two months we tried before finding this website and swaying pink).

Yamanote and Anchor - I am rooting for you guys!! I really hope it was just too early to test.

Thorz, I have also heard that early cramps can be a sign of implantation on an earlier thread. Good luck to you!!

I would just LOVE to see a BFP in here soon. Good luck to ALL of you!! I will keep checking back to see if there is any news.

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I think I am going to have a handful of my girl friends come over for a girls night tomorrow night (they don't know we are ttc) and then my DH has Thurs-Mon off work, so we are going to do a lot of house projects....This might be good for helping keep my mind off of this dumb 2ww. I love my DIY home projects, but a lot of the ones I have on my plate right now include wood stain, and I can't be handling oil based stains while I am possibly pregnant so I guess that will be my only positive thing that will come out of a BFN. It will give me a chance to do some furniture refinishing before we try again!!!

Oh and AF is due on our Anniversary, so I am so torn.....it can make for an extremely great anniversary gift for my husband (if I get a BFP a day or two before I can give him the positive test as an anniversary gift)....but if AF comes it can make for a depressing anniversary and AF is never welcome on our anniversary!!!! I'm starting to get bummed about the possibility of a BFN on our anniversary, we already had a BFN on Christmas...AF needs to stop being due on my important days lol!!!

black&gold
January 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Still thinking of all you ladies in the 2WW! I'm on CD9 waiting for our next attempt and am already dreading the 2WW! It feels like 2 years! It's so crazy how everyone talks about all these symptoms and then getting BFN's. I could have sworn I was pregnant on last attempt. Cramping non-stop, backache, boobs tingling, peeing etc. but I ended up getting AF.. I can't believe how much your body tricks you into feeling certain things. It's not over till it's over though, that's for sure and I have hope for you guys - things are sounding promising! I keep popping in to see if there's any news yet!

Fingers crossed for you ladies!!! xx

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I am feeling like I let myself get way too hopeful this month. BFN this morning for me this morning. Still spotting today. I expect it will turn into AF tomorrow. I am bummed...I just feel deflated. Was I really just imagining all those symptoms? Or maybe I had a little bean in there trying to implant but my crappy luteal phase washed it right out. Who knows. I think I might go ahead and make an appointment with my OBGYN and show him my charts and see if he thinks my luteal phase is a concern. This will make 5 months of trying while tracking ovulation and not conceiving (I am including the two months we tried before finding this website and swaying pink).

Yamanote and Anchor - I am rooting for you guys!! I really hope it was just too early to test.

Thorz, I have also heard that early cramps can be a sign of implantation on an earlier thread. Good luck to you!!

I would just LOVE to see a BFP in here soon. Good luck to ALL of you!! I will keep checking back to see if there is any news.

So you are 9 dpo? I think that is what I read on your chart. It is still too early to count yourself out, but I don't know what to make of all the spotting either. The only thing I can relate to is with my first DS I spotted a lot in the first 6 to 7 weeks and my doc just kept an eye on things but said that can happen. I didn't spot until after my BFP though so it is so hard to know what you are going through. I really do hope it is early pregnancy spotting!

TTCPink
January 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
So you are 9 dpo? I think that is what I read on your chart. It is still too early to count yourself out, but I don't know what to make of all the spotting either. The only thing I can relate to is with my first DS I spotted a lot in the first 6 to 7 weeks and my doc just kept an eye on things but said that can happen. I didn't spot until after my BFP though so it is so hard to know what you are going through. I really do hope it is early pregnancy spotting!

I am 10DPO today. I have been spotting starting on day 8 or 9DPO the past few months, which then turns into AF....so most likely that is what is happening again this month. Started spotting yesterday at 9DPO.

The Anchor
January 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM
She is so THOUGHTLESS isn't she ;). I HATE the 2ww.

aussiettc
January 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Hi ladies. I'm with Thorz, really, really hoping for some BFPs to get the ball rolling this month and cheer us all up! I'm determined to hang out until 12 DPO before I POAS. Fingers crossed for everyone xx

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Hi ladies. I'm with Thorz, really, really hoping for some BFPs to get the ball rolling this month and cheer us all up! I'm determined to hang out until 12 DPO before I POAS. Fingers crossed for everyone xx

Aussiettc, what dpo are you now? How long til 12dpo? :-)
And good luck!

Violet
January 15th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hello everyone! I'm in the 2ww now. Just 2 dpo. I read through all of your posts. I'm kind of disappointed not to see anyone with a BFP!

I agree with those not wanting a Nov/Dec baby, so this 2ww seems a little more nerve wracking. We are going to take a 'break' from ttc for at least 2 months if not three, if not indefinitely!! As I will be 40 this year as well. If this attempt is successful, I'd only be one month over 40. And I've always thought 40 was my limit. My other kiddos are just getting older and life is getting so much easier in other ways, ya know?

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Welcome and good luck Violet!!

BabyGirl2013
January 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I'm getting so confused! I went ahead and tested this AM...BFN. But NO sign of AF at all. I had cramps (exactly like my period was on its way) late Sunday/early Monday AM and then they went away. This morning I had brown cm (not at all like the spotting I normally see prior to AF). If I didn't know better I'd say it looked like implantation bleeding. I SO regret not temping now. I saw my LH surge on 1/1 and just figured I O'd sometime later that day or on 1/2 based on a few sharp pains I felt. I wonder if I had trouble Oing with the first surge and went on to surge again and O'd later in the week?? There are so many "what if" scenarios. At this point I just want to get AF so I can start fresh!

Also, does anyone know if temp charts stay approximately the same for an individual over time? I was thinking maybe I'd take my temp in the morning since I have months worth of charts I logged a few years ago that I could compare it to. My high temps were always really high in comparison to my base line, but I don't know if that kind of thing changes over time or not.

BabyGirl2013
January 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I'm getting so confused! I went ahead and tested this AM...BFN. But NO sign of AF at all. I had cramps (exactly like my period was on its way) late Sunday/early Monday AM and then they went away. This morning I had brown cm (not at all like the spotting I normally see prior to AF). If I didn't know better I'd say it looked like implantation bleeding. I SO regret not temping now. I saw my LH surge on 1/1 and just figured I O'd sometime later that day or on 1/2 based on a few sharp pains I felt. I wonder if I had trouble Oing with the first surge and went on to surge again and O'd later in the week?? There are so many "what if" scenarios. At this point I just want to get AF so I can start fresh!

Also, does anyone know if temp charts stay approximately the same for an individual over time? I was thinking maybe I'd take my temp in the morning since I have months worth of charts I logged a few years ago that I could compare it to. My high temps were always really high in comparison to my base line, but I don't know if that kind of thing changes over time or not.

ltester
January 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hello everyone! I'm in the 2ww now. Just 2 dpo. I read through all of your posts. I'm kind of disappointed not to see anyone with a BFP!

I agree with those not wanting a Nov/Dec baby, so this 2ww seems a little more nerve wracking. We are going to take a 'break' from ttc for at least 2 months if not three, if not indefinitely!! As I will be 40 this year as well. If this attempt is successful, I'd only be one month over 40. And I've always thought 40 was my limit. My other kiddos are just getting older and life is getting so much easier in other ways, ya know?

My husband is feeling the same way. He turns 42 in February (to my 34) and I think mentally it will be difficult to convince him to keep trying for an extended period of time.

Knowing it will be too hard to deal with the disappointment, I am with you aussittc. 12 dpo is my goal, but I also like your idea of some lady friends as a distraction, Thorz!

Boymomsrock
January 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm with you baby girl! I'm just waiting to start over this next cycle! This one was a mess!

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM

I wish I had an answer for you! This is only my second cycle temping so I really have no idea how that works, my guess is you probably cant go by what your charts used to look like given you are older now and that other daily factors vary day to day. But I could be wrong!

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 07:35 PM
My husband is feeling the same way. He turns 42 in February (to my 34) and I think mentally it will be difficult to convince him to keep trying for an extended period of time.

Knowing it will be too hard to deal with the disappointment, I am with you aussittc. 12 dpo is my goal, but I also like your idea of some lady friends as a distraction, Thorz!

I'm in the same boat... I'm 41, DH is 43, and we started trying 4 years ago but only just figured out the health issue in the way, so now it's like we're starting all over again. But realistically we know we only have a year or two tops. Eeks! And talk about lifestyle change.... married 20 years without kids! Some days we kinda panic, lol!

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Babygirl, I don't know that taking just the one temp will totally work, but it depends on your charts... some ladies are really all over the place from month to month, some (like me) tend to have relatively similar charts. Like I know I'll dip down into the 96's during AF, I'll hit up into the high 97's/ low 98's after Ov, and if AF is coming, it'll plummet for three days in a row.
I would say, see if you have a basic pattern and then compare 2-3 days of temps to see if it looks familiar. Might work! :-)

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 07:50 PM
You know, the ironic/funny thing is that I spent a good 20 years of my adult life trying really hard not to get pregnant, and it turns out I couldn't have back then anyway!
Crimony, I could have a new car for what I spent in birth control, lol!
#hindsight
;-)

Sunflower3
January 15th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm in the same boat... I'm 41, DH is 43, and we started trying 4 years ago but only just figured out the health issue in the way, so now it's like we're starting all over again. But realistically we know we only have a year or two tops. Eeks! And talk about lifestyle change.... married 20 years without kids! Some days we kinda panic, lol!

I'm 41 too Yamanote!!!!

Thorz300
January 15th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Crap after going to the pg test gallery on countdowntopregnancy.com I'm really really really tempted to test tomorrow!! I have no business getting on that site, I knew this would happen. Tomorrow is 8 dpo and I know most people get BFN but there is a chance to get BFP I have seen a handful of them in the gallery. My biggest question is how many of those girls calculated their DPO correctly. I bet if you calculate human err into the % of how many people get a BFP at 8 dpo, I bet it is a lot lower. Hopefully I just talked myself out of it....I only have 2 pg tests and I really don't feel like buying more because Dollar Tree is not fun to go to with my 3 boys......Sorry for the ramble!!!

BabyGirl2013
January 15th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Crap after going to the pg test gallery on countdowntopregnancy.com I'm really really really tempted to test tomorrow!! I have no business getting on that site, I knew this would happen. Tomorrow is 8 dpo and I know most people get BFN but there is a chance to get BFP I have seen a handful of them in the gallery. My biggest question is how many of those girls calculated their DPO correctly. I bet if you calculate human err into the % of how many people get a BFP at 8 dpo, I bet it is a lot lower. Hopefully I just talked myself out of it....I only have 2 pg tests and I really don't feel like buying more because Dollar Tree is not fun to go to with my 3 boys......Sorry for the ramble!!!

I question the validity of those as well. If you click on 5 dpo (especially on the "stats" page) there are people who indicate that they got a BFP. Which, of course, is impossible. Also, just thought I'd add this anecdote since I know ladies (including myself) count themselves out with BFNs at 10, 11, 12 dpo. But my best friend just found out she was pregnant and didn't get a BFP until 16 dpo. Her dr said it was likely late implantation. So there's always hope!

Mum to three girls
January 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM

Me too! My 40th birthday in in mid September. I think I've mentioned it before but we'll give it another few months of TTC ing but opt out after that.

Everyone has so much self control here! I have a bunch of internet cheapies and will be POAS relentlessly from about 9 dpo. I had a very early positive result with DD2 but much later with DD3 so it won't faze me too much getting BFNs until 12 dpo or something.

I have a million "symptoms" (cramps, tiredness etc etc) but the only interesting one is that my milk supply seems to have dropped a bit and the baby is patting on my breast a bit while she feeds as if to "milk" it (lol). IF I am pregnant and if it lasts it won't be disastrous from a breastfeeding perspective cos she's close to one and a great wee eater. I remember DD1 self weaned at the end of my first trimester when I was preggers with DD2 but I was pretty over it by then anyway.

Good luck to everyone testing!

Thorz, I agree with you about the false positives from really early testing (like 5 dpo)> the only thing I can think of is that maybe some of the early preg tests are more sensitive than they advertise? So maybe they're picking up minuscule amounts of HCG at implantation. A friend of mine tested after an (ultimately unsuccessful) IVF cycle and got a very faint but definitely there BFP on an FRER and then had a blood test about an hour later and her HCG was only 15.

It was certainly much much easier when you didn't even think of going to the doctor to get checked until AF was weeks overdue!

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM

Lol, I know! It's like I'm an alcoholic walking into a bar when I visit the poas galleries haha! Like, oh, just one little test wouldn't hurt...and suddenly I'm poas-ing 3 times a day from 7dpo on!
I just have to avoid... then I can pretend like I'm all laid back about it and waiting for 10dpo is no biggie. Lol :-)

Mum to three girls
January 15th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Lol, I know! It's like I'm an alcoholic walking into a bar when I visit the poas galleries haha! Like, oh, just one little test wouldn't hurt...and suddenly I'm poas-ing 3 times a day from 7dpo on!
I just have to avoid... then I can pretend like I'm all laid back about it and waiting for 10dpo is no biggie. Lol :-)

That's exactly how I am too! And I feel more secure knowing there are preg tests in the bathroom just in case I get that "urge" and there aren't any. They're sooo addictive.

Boymomsrock
January 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM
I've pretty much gone off the deep end and eaten everything in sight. So much for my girl diet. Hopefully not eating till noon will sway a tad. Lol. :/

ltester
January 16th, 2013, 07:13 AM
I've pretty much gone off the deep end and eaten everything in sight. So much for my girl diet. Hopefully not eating till noon will sway a tad. Lol. :/

Me too! I have totally fallen off the wagon! I am hoping the little x swimmer got there even if implantation isn't complete.

letiha
January 16th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hello ladies

I'm back for my 3rd 2ww. So Temps are good, got +opk 2 days in a row and lots of BD. The best thing is this month my cycle is 2 days shorter again. Only problem is that i didn't have as much EWCM this month....does anyone else have that problem.

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Hello ladies

I'm back for my 3rd 2ww. So Temps are good, got +opk 2 days in a row and lots of BD. The best thing is this month my cycle is 2 days shorter again. Only problem is that i didn't have as much EWCM this month....does anyone else have that problem.

welcome!

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Ugh my temps plummeted! I am really not hopeful now! I'm starting do get really down about it! I don't want this to ruin our anniversary! I don't understand why it was so easy with my first 3 and didn't even try, and now I can't get pregnant when I am actually ttc!

I'm bummed!

letiha
January 16th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Ugh my temps plummeted! I am really not hopeful now! I'm starting do get really down about it! I don't want this to ruin our anniversary! I don't understand why it was so easy with my first 3 and didn't even try, and now I can't get pregnant when I am actually ttc!

I'm bummed!

I'm so sorry , i feel the same way, who would have thought it was so hard to concieve. At this stage not even caring wether I have a boy.

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 08:03 AM
OMG!!! I decided to test to prove to myself I am out, after this bummer temp dip! I think I see a super duper faint line!!! But it might be a defective test because the control line isn't complete! I will try and take a pic if I can find my camera, my phone camera is terrible!!!! I don't want to get my hopes up quite yet, but I think it is a faint faint faint line!!! Don't congratulate me just yet it might be a fluke! Wow I went from being super down to cautiously excited!

I just tried to take a pic but I cant get a good shot. How do people get such good pics my a blurry and with flash you cant see anything either!

ltester
January 16th, 2013, 08:11 AM
OMG!!! I decided to test to prove to myself I am out, after this bummer temp dip! I think I see a super duper faint line!!! But it might be a defective test because the control line isn't complete! I will try and take a pic if I can find my camera, my phone camera is terrible!!!! I don't want to get my hopes up quite yet, but I think it is a faint faint faint line!!! Don't congratulate me just yet it might be a fluke! Wow I went from being super down to cautiously excited!

Fingers are crossed for you, Thorz! I so want to see you get a bfp.

Letiha, my ewcm was much lower than in past months--I credited to the girl diet taking its toll on my body. I've never eaten so few calories or exercised so much in my life! Here's hoping it didn't mess up my cycle too much.

Amberlilly55
January 16th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Thorz, I really hope that it isn't a defective test and this is your bfp!!!!

Sunflower3
January 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
FX for you Thorz. Post a picture!!!!

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Me too! I have totally fallen off the wagon! I am hoping the little x swimmer got there even if implantation isn't complete.

Me three! Yesterday for sure I blew it! Hoping it won't matter at this point... although I'll try to be good again till either AF or a bfp...

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Oh Thorz! FX for you!! Hope it really is :-):-)

I got some kind of shadowy line on mine this morning, but I don't know... it could be an evap or something. It doesn't have any color to it which makes me suspicious. I'm quietly crossing my fingers that tomorrow will show something and that today was the beginnings, but eeks :-/
It's so light I don't know if it will show up if I take a pic!

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Now I am thinking it might be an evap line but I saw the line within 10 minutes so who knows.....what a roller coaster!

This is the best pic I could get with my cell phone....7991

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Ok check it out here on this site so you can use the tools....I might try and take a better pic when the sun comes out so it can be with natural light! Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #88992 | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=88992)

I guess I will make a trip to Dollar Tree and get a few more tests!

Here is another pic of my 2nd test

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=89027

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Oh Thorz! FX for you!! Hope it really is :-):-)

I got some kind of shadowy line on mine this morning, but I don't know... it could be an evap or something. It doesn't have any color to it which makes me suspicious. I'm quietly crossing my fingers that tomorrow will show something and that today was the beginnings, but eeks :-/
It's so light I don't know if it will show up if I take a pic!

My fingers are crossed for you.....We need some BFP in the January 2ww I can't believe we haven't had them!

Sunflower3
January 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM
How many dpo are you Thorz?

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I'm only 8 dpo according to FF but I thought I O'd a day before FF said so if I am right I am 9 dpo

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Ugh I am pathetic, I have no self control......I just POAS with my last test and it wasn't FMU it was about 1.5 hours after my fmu! Anyway I see a super duper faint line on that one too. But now I am all out of test lol this will drive me nuts all day long! I wish it was tomorrow morning already! Off to the dollar store with my 3 boys to get a load of tests!!!

Sunflower3
January 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM
It's hard to pull the picture up on my phone but I think I see a faint second line. Fx!!!!

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 10:01 AM
With the 2nd test I took I think I see the line even better.!!!! I am going to try to get a better pic and I'll update then if I can't get a better pic, then for sure I will tomorrow whether or not it is BFN or BFP!!!!

Sunflower3
January 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Would love to see picture #2. Can't wait!!

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Oh my gosh Thorz!! I'm so excited for you! I hope this really is your bfp! It's starting to sound like it ! :-):-)

The Anchor
January 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM

I just tried to take a pic but I cant get a good shot. How do people get such good pics my a blurry and with flash you cant see anything either!

What??? Let's see it!!!!

The Anchor
January 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
DAMN, I can't see anything on my stupid phone...anyway I am SO excited for you!

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 11:05 AM
DAMN, I can't see anything on my stupid phone...anyway I am SO excited for you!

I finally have a new (scratch-free!) phone, and I can totally see it Anchor! Thorz does have a faint line there :-):-) wait til you get to a proper computer to see it!

aussiettc
January 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Fingers crossed!!!

aussiettc
January 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Geting so excited at the possibility of our first BFP this month. Good luck Thorz. Keep us posted!

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Yay, my friend that just got her BFP last week, came over today and I showed her my two tests and she says she sees the line 100% (no evap line) on both tests! She also has an extra test she is going to bring over to me tonight so I can use it in the morning (different brand, so that will be good) I'm also gonna buy a ton at the dollar store! Ladies my cautious excitement is turning into real excitement, I hope it isn't premature!!! I can't wait until it shows up better for you ladies to see it!

I just Took a OPK just to have something to do LOL I know I know, I'm becoming a POAS crazed woman! My OPK is nearly positive too! I took an OPK yesterday for the fun of it, and it was half as dark as it is today. I heard sometimes this can happen when you are pregnant. I truly hope these lines are darker tomorrow!

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
So so happy for you Thorz! Congrats on starting off the BFP parade! Can't wait to see a nice dark line :-)

Woohoo!

TTCPink
January 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM
SO happy to see this news Thorz!!! I really think it was meant to be that you got it the same month as your close friend. My best friend and I had babies 2 weeks apart and it was such a wonderful experience to go through our pregnancy together. Our two boys are still best friends 7 years later :). Prayers for a sticky bean!!

TTCPink
January 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
11DPO today and BFN again for me this morning...still spotting...wishing it would just go ahead and turn into AF already so I can stop second guessing it!

The Anchor
January 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM
11DPO today and BFN again for me this morning...still spotting...wishing it would just go ahead and turn into AF already so I can stop second guessing it!

BFN for me too. And honestly it feels like AF will be here by tomorrow...which means I O'd earlier than I thought. FF (thoughtfully) changed my O about 4 days after the fact. Maybe the software is right?

TTCPink
January 16th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Here is a link with statistics about getting a BFP after a BFN for each DPO.
Early Negative Pregnancy Test Before a Positive - Stats Study (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Early-Negative-Pregnancy-Test-Before-a-Positive---Stats-Study.html)

TTCPink
January 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Sorry Anchor. Still holding hope for you since AF hasn't shown up yet!! Hope she stays away!!

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Sorry ladies, I really want you to get your BFP! I know how hard it is to keep seeing BFN or not getting AF it just drags everything out! I would love for us to all get BFP this has been a slow month!

The Anchor
January 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Here is a link with statistics about getting a BFP after a BFN for each DPO.
Early Negative Pregnancy Test Before a Positive - Stats Study (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Early-Negative-Pregnancy-Test-Before-a-Positive---Stats-Study.html)

LOL, thanks Pink, yes, I was obsessing over the stats this morning :)

Dreamofpink
January 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for a stronger bfp line thorz! Really hope this is your month :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Anchor & Pink, I'm with ya! My ? test this morning is definitely a bfn after thinking about it. I'm sure it's just a shadow from the indent or something, because I can see the antibody stripe now. Boo!

But I'm not out yet.... until AF shows, we're all 3 still in the game!

meeks32
January 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
THORZ!!! Omg you need to post a pic! Or did you? I just read this last page, maybe I should read back a bit.

Ladies that think AF is on the way, I'm so sorry. I've been there and it doesn't seem to get any easier the longer you go on, despite my many attempts to make myself numb to it, or plan for af, or try to trick myself with negative or positive thinking, or or or... ;-( all I can say it that SUCKS and I'm here for you, like we all are.

I'm not sure if I'm joining you or not. Forgot to order opk's in time, waiting for more and only have 2 left. Went on holidays and didn't test until CD 13, then only tested once a day until yesterday when I teated twice. It's possible I missed my surge as my surges only last a few hours, and I usually test 3-4 times a day. Temp drop had me convinced and we dtd after 7 day abstain. Then had to switch to a rescue method of hurry up fr, because my temp only rose slightly so I'm not convinced I did o, despite the EWCM and O pains.

Whatever. I'm over it. So we are dtd every night until I get a temp rise I believe in. Or two in a row.

Anyone got a Nexcare 3M digital basal themometer? I got a new one this month but am waiting to use it next month as it reads higher temps (I have to convert to Celsius myself which is annoying, as its in F) than my other one. My other themometer is in C and measures 2 decimal places (Nexcare in F only measures 1) but I really want the louder beep and backlit display of the nexcare. How reliable are they if anyone has one?

I switched to vaginal temping this month which is why my cover line will be higher than other months.

How is everyone tracking?

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm temping orally, though I just write it down now... didn't feel like paying again for the ff service since all I was using was the temp charting. I have a good 15 hour long lh surge, so using the opk's morning and night work pretty well for me to know when O is.
Good luck this month! :-)

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Who else is gonna poas tomorrow? Me, Anchor, and TTCPink... anybody else ready to start the drama, lol?

Thorz300
January 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Who else is gonna poas tomorrow? Me, Anchor, and TTCPink... anybody else ready to start the drama, lol?

I'm going to POAS tomorrow too, I am just struggling with the idea that I could get a BFP on 8dpo im still skeptical and wont feel like it is real until it is an obvious line that everyone can see in a pic.

BabyGirl2013
January 16th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I got AF today! No more waiting, testing and overanalyzing every little pain. It feels good to have a new cycle to focus on. I'm going to start temping again this cycle. That was my biggest stress this last time around...not KNOWING for sure if I O'd or not. Opinions on oral vs. vaginal temping?

Congrats Thorz and good luck to everyone still in the game!

TTCPink
January 16th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I hear ya BabyGirl. I am out this month too and ready to move on. I have terrible cramps and lower back pain, and my spotting has increased. AF is knocking hard on the door and I am sure she will be making her entrance in the morning. Here's to a fresh new cycle!

I will be keeping up with the thread and look forward to seeing more BFP's this month!! Good luck everyone.

Boymomsrock
January 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Meeks I have that one. Is it purple? It's my favorite. I had a different one when I misplaced the nexcare one and it sucked.

Mum to three girls
January 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Yay Thorz! I am so jealous. Sorry Babygirl2013 and TTCPink. I'll be POAS tomorrow, I'll only be 8dpo but I'm inspired by Thorz.

meeks32
January 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I'm temping orally, though I just write it down now... didn't feel like paying again for the ff service since all I was using was the temp charting. I have a good 15 hour long lh surge, so using the opk's morning and night work pretty well for me to know when O is.
Good luck this month! :-)

You know ff is free if you just use it to record temping don't you?

meeks32
January 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I got AF today! No more waiting, testing and overanalyzing every little pain. It feels good to have a new cycle to focus on. I'm going to start temping again this cycle. That was my biggest stress this last time around...not KNOWING for sure if I O'd or not. Opinions on oral vs. vaginal temping?

Congrats Thorz and good luck to everyone still in the game!

I did oral for 5 months and found because occasionally I mouth breathe or sleep with my mouth open, they aren't that reliable temps. Also if I have to talk to anyone (kids over monitor, saying I'm coming when they wake) oral doesn't work. Vaginal is more accurate, easy, and seems quick. Negative is if anyone doesn't realise that themometer is not for mouths!!! Hasn't happened in our house as its labelled 'dirty' but I have heard stories! I don't temp my period after the switch, just from when my af finishes to start of next af.

meeks32
January 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Meeks I have that one. Is it purple? It's my favorite. I had a different one when I misplaced the nexcare one and it sucked.

Yes it's purple! So good reliable temps then? It's twice as fast as my other one and backlit so I'd love to use it next cycle.

Sunflower3
January 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Well my wacky cycle got wackier today. Got AF after my D&C on 12/28. I thought it was early but at least now I have AF and can ttc this month since my dr recommended waiting for AF to ttc.

Thorz congrats Hun!!!! xxxx

ltester
January 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
So bummed about the bfns. I am so nervous about doing my own at this point! Any thoughts on the why from anyone? Are we trying too many things to sway? Are we just getting older and less fertile? Is it harder to determine O this time around for some reason? I am feeling pessimistic right now and am already thinking about what I might do differently next time and I am only five days in. Good luck to those of you testing in the next day or two.

yamanote
January 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM
You know ff is free if you just use it to record temping don't you?

I didn't actually! Thought I had to pay, and then my trial membership ran out. Thanks, maybe I'll start using it again:-)

And funny about labelling the thermometer- verrry important, lol!

Violet
January 16th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Mum to 3 Girls - That September 40th birthday is looming over both of us!!! I am glad to know that I'm not the only 'old lady' here! LOL!! When I had my second DS, at 34, I know I was considered 'of advanced maternal age'. What would that make me now?

Thorz- I'm excited for you!! Is this the first BFP of January??

So, today is like 3-4 dpo or something for me. I've set the date to POAS on the 22nd. That seems to be a date that is recommended for a reliable test and 5 days before AF. Anyhow, my DH asks me if I got a BFP today. Today??? Men know so little. I schooled him in how the advances in medical sciences aren't quite that good yet!!

meeks32
January 16th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Mum to 3 Girls - That September 40th birthday is looming over both of us!!! I am glad to know that I'm not the only 'old lady' here! LOL!! When I had my second DS, at 34, I know I was considered 'of advanced maternal age'. What would that make me now?

Thorz- I'm excited for you!! Is this the first BFP of January??

So, today is like 3-4 dpo or something for me. I've set the date to POAS on the 22nd. That seems to be a date that is recommended for a reliable test and 5 days before AF. Anyhow, my DH asks me if I got a BFP today. Today??? Men know so little. I schooled him in how the advances in medical sciences aren't quite that good yet!!

Haha my dh did the same thing last cycle. Drove me mad. Swaying is so easy for him. "Have sex now, then, and tomorrow ok honey?" Done. Grrrr!

I can't test until after 23rd as well.

Omg fingers crossed for Jan because December was dismal for BFP's. freakishly so, after so many in November. I need some inspiration!

Hanging on THORZ news now!

Boymomsrock
January 16th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Yes it's purple! So good reliable temps then? It's twice as fast as my other one and backlit so I'd love to use it next cycle.
Yep! It's my favorite. Never had an issue. It's fast and accurate and stores your last temp.

I'm around just not as much. Not thinking a bfp is even possible this month so I'll probably be hit or miss for a while.

Mum to three girls
January 17th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Well I've had a tiny bit of brown blood in my CM today (I'm 7 dpo) which is keeping my hopes up. A normal person would see this and rationally decided that if it was implantation bleeding then it would be wisest to wait another 48 hours before POAS to let the levels build up. But I'm not rational so I'll be POAS tomorrow morning (it's bed time in Australia now). I am beyond exhaustion but I work thurs/fridays and transitioning from there to dinner/bath/bed for the girls always takes it out of me.

Good luck for everyone POAS while I sleep!

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Well I've had a tiny bit of brown blood in my CM today (I'm 7 dpo) which is keeping my hopes up. A normal person would see this and rationally decided that if it was implantation bleeding then it would be wisest to wait another 48 hours before POAS to let the levels build up. But I'm not rational so I'll be POAS tomorrow morning (it's bed time in Australia now). I am beyond exhaustion but I work thurs/fridays and transitioning from there to dinner/bath/bed for the girls always takes it out of me.

Good luck for everyone POAS while I sleep!

Good luck my fingers are crossed for you!!!

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Thorz, is it darker? :-):-):-)

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Ok Ladies I think it is safe to say that the tests yesterday were not defective! I got another BFP on a different brand this morning and I think you can see it in the pic better this time. For those of you who want to know what my 2ww symptoms were. I felt nothing at all for the first 5 dpo then at 5dpo I got awful AF cramps then they went away for a day and came back at 7dpo then they went away again and at 8dpo I got my 1st BFP (super super faint). For the last 2 cycles I had loads and loads of pg symptoms always ending in a BFN this time I really only had 1 symptom and it only happened 2 times. So those of you ladies who feel bummed because you don't have many 2ww symptoms, like I did, try not to get too down, it can still happen!!! I am over the moon excited and I hope this bean is super sticky....If it is, this is ABSOLUTELY our last so it would be really nice to have a girl but 4 boys would be cool too. Either way! Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Maybe these are better, I played around with the contrast a little...

letiha
January 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Congratulations, thats great news. Lets bring on some more BFP for January.

Butterfly Spirit
:running:
Yay Thorz!
Happy & Healthy 9 Months! :pregnant:
Here's to a healthy sticky hopefully :cheer: pink bean!!!

yamanote
Oooohhhh yaaaaaahhhhhh! You got it girl! Now stick, little pink bean, stick!!

Beyond thrilled for ya Thorz :-)

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I just tested and got another bfn. Yuk! Not sure what's going on with the bod... I never ever get sore boobs or cramps, and I keep getting both. Plus that weird kidney-area backache keeps flaring & subsiding. And random hot flashes where even my eyes feel hot.

If this is the flu and not pregnancy.... I'm gonna be put out, lol!

Sunflower3
January 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Congrats Thorz!!!! Soooo excited for you!!!!

Sunflower3
January 17th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I just tested and got another bfn. Yuk! Not sure what's going on with the bod... I never ever get sore boobs or cramps, and I keep getting both. Plus that weird kidney-area backache keeps flaring & subsiding. And random hot flashes where even my eyes feel hot.

Yamanote - how many dpo are you???? Maybe too early?!

Dreamofpink
January 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
CONGRATULATIONS THORZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a fab pink sticky bean and a h&h 9 months!

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Thorz, is it darker? :-):-):-)

Yes I posted a pic scroll to the top you should see it!

ltester
January 17th, 2013, 08:57 AM
So exciting, Thorz! What great news. I am so happy for you!

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Sunflower-
Nah, I'm at 13dpo, so probably I'm out...though AF isn't here yet, so there's still a bit of hope :-)

The upside if AF does show up is: I'll be able to do a good 3month serious girl sway instead of the panicked 3week one I did, lol (probably not long enough to sway anyway! Tho I did lose 7pounds!)

So, we'll see :-)

Sunflower3
January 17th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Sunflower-
Nah, I'm at 13dpo, so probably I'm out...though AF isn't here yet, so there's still a bit of hope :-)

The upside if AF does show up is: I'll be able to do a good 3month serious girl sway instead of the panicked 3week one I did, lol (probably not long enough to sway anyway! Tho I did lose 7pounds!)

So, we'll see :-)

I'm sorry! But if AF shows up we can ttc together next cycle!!!

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
If AF shows, I'll probably take a break for a few months- don't want to have a nov/dec baby....so I'll wait till the due date would be January.
But I'll definitely cheer you on next month while I'm LE dieting! :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

aussiettc
January 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM
:highfive:
So thrilled for you Thorz. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
January 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
If AF shows, I'll probably take a break for a few months- don't want to have a nov/dec baby....so I'll wait till the due date would be January.
But I'll definitely cheer you on next month while I'm LE dieting! :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I conceived the baby that I lost in April, and she would have been born in December. So that means if you conceived in March, your baby would be due in Nov.
:) So, if you don't want a Nov/Dec baby you might not want to take a break yet! ;)

Or wait until like June, July or something! But I hope your AF doesn't come hon!

aussiettc
January 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Feeling much more inspired after the first BFP this month! I'm 10DPO and nauseous on and off, feeling completely exhausted and have had a few days of stomach pains/twinges/very mild cramps. Really want to hold off until the weekend to test-I hate the hopes building up so I'm trying not to think about the possibilities too much. I'll keep on checking in on you other ladies who are planning to POAS tomorrow for more inspiration. Baby dust to all!!!

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 10:11 AM
1. Timing of Implantation
A pregnancy test detects the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) either in the blood or in the urine. The hCG in the urine comes from the hCG in the blood after it was filtered through the kidney. After ovulation, the egg gets fertilized and travels through the fallopian tube toward the uterus. This travel takes an average of a week. Implantation, the attachment of the fertilized egg in the lining of the uterus, occurs on average about a week or later after ovulation/fertilization, but it can happen as early as six days and as late as 12 days after fertilization/ovulation. At the time of implantation the placenta starts making the pregnancy hormone hCG, which then enters the blood ******. How early pregnancy can be detected depends on the pregnancy hormone hcG which can be detected in the blood about three to four days after implantation. Urine hCG can be detected about two to three days after blood hCG can first be seen. Detection of hCG depends on timing of implantation, so hCG can normally be detected in the blood between nine and 16 days after ovulation (HPT: 12-19 days after ovulation).

This made me feel a bit better! Still plenty o time.... plenty o time :-)

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
And Thorz-- you gotta post that beautiful BFP in the BFP section too! :-)

Butterfly Spirit
January 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Definitely can be up to day 14 I'd say! Don't get down yet!

The Anchor
January 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM

Me too, BFN. I'm thinking it's the soy iso's messing with me...

Dreamofpink
January 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
BOOOOO Anchor and Yamanote!!!!!

Boymomsrock
January 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Congratulations thorz! Finally a bfp! Hopefully yours is the start of many!

TTCPink
January 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hurray Thorz!! Congratulations!!

TTCPink
January 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
AF came yesterday evening for me, at 11DPO. I am feeling like I need to re-evaluate a little for next month. I think maybe we will do more than one attempt without an abstain or FR. Or maybe I will keep to one attempt and drop the Refresh and Zyrtek. Though even with these I did still have EWCM. It will be our 4th month TTC. My husband hates seeing me disappointed and is ready to go back to what we know works from our boys. I already dropped the vitex and SP this cycle, so I don't want to drop too much more. I can't lose much more weight if any, so my goal will be to hold steady. I am going to try one more month and then make an appt with OB to discuss my short luteal phase if I get another BFN next month.

I was feeling bummed and I decided to have an all out cheat day for one day yesterday. I ate a few of my favorite things that I miss. (I even went out to breakfast and had a piece of bacon which I have not had in four months.) Back to strict LE today for me today. I think the cheat day helped. Today I feel refreshed and ready to gear up for my new cycle.

I will keep checking back here, but I think I might also start a new TTC Feb thread for those of us who have to move on to the next month. Best wishes to you all!! Can't wait to check back and see some more BFP's! :fx::)

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM
AF came yesterday evening for me, at 11DPO. I am feeling like I need to re-evaluate a little for next month. I think maybe we will do more than one attempt without an abstain or FR. Or maybe I will keep to one attempt and drop the Refresh and Zyrtek. Though even with these I did still have EWCM. It will be our 4th month TTC. My husband hates seeing me disappointed and is ready to go back to what we know works from our boys. I already dropped the vitex and SP this cycle, so I don't want to drop too much more. I can't lose much more weight if any, so my goal will be to hold steady. I am going to try one more month and then make an appt with OB to discuss my short luteal phase if I get another BFN next month.

I was feeling bummed and I decided to have an all out cheat day for one day yesterday. I ate a few of my favorite things that I miss. (I even went out to breakfast and had a piece of bacon which I have not had in four months.) Back to strict LE today for me today. I think the cheat day helped. Today I feel refreshed and ready to gear up for my new cycle.

I will keep checking back here, but I think I might also start a new TTC Feb thread for those of us who have to move on to the next month. Best wishes to you all!! Can't wait to check back and see some more BFP's! :fx::)

So sorry! I truly believe that if things aren't working for us, then we must tweak it a little. FR was what was killing us I think. We were DTD 16 straight days before O and I just wasn't getting pg. So we cut the FR down by more than half and we got our BFP! So you should add/drop whatever you feel is getting in your way of your BFP. It all depends on how bad you want your GD, if getting that girl is the most important then it might take longer to get BFP but if you are willing to drop some of the things then your chances of getting pg go up but maybe so do your chances of blue....Its a tough place to be in....I really feel your pain!

The Anchor
January 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Sorry ttcpink. I am fairly sure that AF is around the corner for me too. I'll see you in the February 2ww!

4Giffins
January 17th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Congrats Thorz!! Hopefully there are more BFPs to come! Sorry to those that are out and good luck to everyone waiting to test!! :fx:

meeks32
January 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM

Are you taking soy iso?

meeks32
January 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
TTC pink I'm so sorry. I agree you should tweak. Pm atomic and ask what to drop first. She had me drop Zertek and reminded me we want REDUCED cm not NO cm. I had reduced cm from LE diet and had been using Zertek to dry it up completely. I was probably making it IMPOSSIBLE for anything to survive!

BabyGirl2013
January 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM
So sorry! I truly believe that if things aren't working for us, then we must tweak it a little. FR was what was killing us I think. We were DTD 16 straight days before O and I just wasn't getting pg. So we cut the FR down by more than half and we got our BFP! So you should add/drop whatever you feel is getting in your way of your BFP. It all depends on how bad you want your GD, if getting that girl is the most important then it might take longer to get BFP but if you are willing to drop some of the things then your chances of getting pg go up but maybe so do your chances of blue....Its a tough place to be in....I really feel your pain!

Thorz, interesting that you got your BFP after reducing FR. We DTD for 16 days straight too and I'm wondering if that played a part in the BFN this month. My DH is also taking LR. How many days did you reduce and did your DH take LR too? What I realized more than anything with this last cycle is that I truly just want another baby
more than I want a baby girl specifically. After being disappointed this month I know that I'd be just as happy with another boy. So there's my silver lining:)

Mum to three girls
January 17th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry to those who are out. I'm at work (lol) so can't write much but got a BFN this am. Still only 8 dpo though so I'm still hopeful. I've suddenly got quite a bit of EWCM and it's still slightly brown tinged so I'm not counting myself out yet. I've an article to write this weekend so between that and the girls I'll hopefully be too distracted to test a million times a day.

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thorz, interesting that you got your BFP after reducing FR. We DTD for 16 days straight too and I'm wondering if that played a part in the BFN this month. My DH is also taking LR. How many days did you reduce and did your DH take LR too? What I realized more than anything with this last cycle is that I truly just want another baby
more than I want a baby girl specifically. After being disappointed this month I know that I'd be just as happy with another boy. So there's my silver lining:)

We reduced it to a couple random times after AF (because my husband goes crazy if we go more than 2-3 days w/o DTD ) but we did 5 straight days up until O. You can look at my chart if that doesn't make since! I truly feel that is what made the difference!

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 11:17 PM
No soy... I do use a little soy milk from time to time in cooking (I'm milk allergic), but I try not to have too much soy. I worry about it increasing estrogen... one of those things I guess I need to research more!

yamanote
January 17th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I am so exhausted tonight... boobs hurt, spiking temps randomly, terrible headache, sick to my stomach... I either am pg, coming down with something, or in for the world's worst AF!
Lol, guess we'll see soon!

meeks32
January 18th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Would just like to say, for anyone feeling uninspired, swaying totally works! I did the swaying quiz on my girlfriend when she conceived (you know, all the main questions revolving around the GD sway philosophy) and told her she should have a girl. 10 months later she just did! She was typical LE diet, no multivitamins, only did it once during o week after abstain, etc etc.

I am totally rejuvenated with this news that it will all be worth it!

yamanote
January 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Alrighty... 14dpo, bfn again, AF is due today, and no spotting (I usually spot for 2-3 days before AF comes in full force for 5 days).

Shrugs shoulders. Just twiddling my thumbs over here... haha :-)

yamanote
January 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry to those who are out. I'm at work (lol) so can't write much but got a BFN this am. Still only 8 dpo though so I'm still hopeful. I've suddenly got quite a bit of EWCM and it's still slightly brown tinged so I'm not counting myself out yet. I've an article to write this weekend so between that and the girls I'll hopefully be too distracted to test a million times a day.

Good luck Mumto3! Hope you get your BFP in the next day or two! We need more bfp's for January :-)

Averysmom
January 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Hi - I'm new here and just 3 dpo. Going to be a long 2 weeks but looking forward to talking with you ladies. Congrats Thorz! Hang in there everyone else :-)

True Blue
January 18th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I'm in the 2ww now too :)
3dpo according to FF. I think I'm 2dpo so FF will possibly adjust tomorrow when I add in bbt.
For some reason I'm not dreading the 2ww - I feel we've done our part and have no control over this bit.
Good Luck everybody :noaf:

ltester
January 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I am rooting for you yamanote! Each hour waiting probably feels like forever.

I am not totally sure if I am 7dpo or 6.... my cm was up last Friday, but the cheepo pee on the stick ovulation detector from Amazon did not read a line that day. Anyone know where that would place me? I couldn't help myself and I tested this morning, but, as expected, it was a bfn.

4Giffins
January 18th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I was barely able to hold off testing today at 9dpo! So I think instead of waiting tell 12dpo I will try my luck and test tomorrow! :pray:

The Anchor
January 18th, 2013, 01:04 PM
yamanote...AF is due today for me as well. I haven't tested in two days, and I didn't test this morning! By some sort of trickery I've managed to convince myself I am NOT pg, and if I don't get AF by Sunday I will test, and perhaps be pleasantly surprised ?!? LOL, sounds great in theory, right?

4giffins, this cycle was the earliest I'd ever tested at 9dpo and got a BFN. It was a crushing blow, even though everywhere you look it says 9 days is WAY too early. Just giving you a friendly heads up ;)

True Blue
January 18th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Good Luck testers :)

4Giffins I got my first very very faint BFP at 10dpo last time around, it was negative negative at 9dpo.

4Giffins
January 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the advice Anchor and True Blue! I have been concerned about how I will feel if it is a negative so I had planned on waiting..maybe I can hold off over the weekend since I will be busy and distracted! Oh what to do!?

True Blue
January 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM
*if* big big *if* I had extreme will power I would wait until 12dpo :)
I never ever do :D

Amberlilly55
January 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I am trying REALLY hard to not test this month and just wait for AF. I am due on Sunday. I don't think I am going to make it!

yamanote
January 18th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I am rooting for you yamanote! Each hour waiting probably feels like forever.

I am not totally sure if I am 7dpo or 6.... my cm was up last Friday, but the cheepo pee on the stick ovulation detector from Amazon did not read a line that day. Anyone know where that would place me? I couldn't help myself and I tested this morning, but, as expected, it was a bfn.

Thanks Itester! Yes, it feels like forever, lol! Still no sign of AF, cramps have increasef (never get them, ever!) And for the 3rd or 4th day in a row I'm running a temp. Yesterday was 99.0 all evening, today I'm up to 99.6! My normal daytime temp is 97.7-98.0. Plus all the other stuff... not sure what to make of it if I'm not pg!

On your Ov question... have you charted much before to know when you get ewcm? It varies so much from person to person. I got mine 3 days before O!
Good Luck figuring out you O date hon! :-)

yamanote
January 18th, 2013, 07:58 PM
yamanote...AF is due today for me as well. I haven't tested in two days, and I didn't test this morning! By some sort of trickery I've managed to convince myself I am NOT pg, and if I don't get AF by Sunday I will test, and perhaps be pleasantly surprised ?!? LOL, sounds great in theory, right?

4giffins, this cycle was the earliest I'd ever tested at 9dpo and got a BFN. It was a crushing blow, even though everywhere you look it says 9 days is WAY too early. Just giving you a friendly heads up ;)

Haha! Sounds like a great theory!! How come I didn't think of that, lol! Although I'm quickly convincing myself that I'm just having the world's worst AF sneaking up on me, so maybe we'll both be super pleasantly suprised this weekend ;-)

And 4griffins, TrueBlue, & Amberlily...hang in there! Anchor and I are proof it's better to wait an extra day or two, lol. Better the agony of not knowing than the creeping doubt and worry of a bfn! I mean, I take it pretty well in stride, but there were definitely a couple tears this morning when I saw that snow-white bfn. Ugh! And I'm just not a crier ( I take that back, I cry at every movie and hallmark card-type commercial, but I don't cry over ME) ;-)

Wait a day or two if you can stand it, and GOOD LUCK!!

meeks32
January 19th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Ow ow OW! Worst o pains ever! That makes me think I'm 0 DPO, finally in the 2 WW after a few false starts.

I wish I could say I won't test until the 29th but I know I will crack at 8 or 9 dpo like always!