PDA

View Full Version : Two incredibly dumb questions and a second guess

daisyfay311
April 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Incredibly dumb question #1

So, I went to the dermatologist today and he gave me two topical medications for my (stupid yucky off bc pills) skin. Can topical medications sway? I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't even bother with them now, maybe fill the scripts and save them for some time later.

A second guess:

He also gave me Erythromycin, an antibiotic, 60 tabs of I think 500 mg each. Now, I'm totally second guessing myself. I was going to take one a day or one every couple days until my sway attempt but now I'm all like, do antibiotics really sway blue? Is this really a good idea? *sigh*

Incredibly dumb question #2

Some of the supplements pills are really big to me, mainly the "gel" ones--Fish Oil, Vit E, EPO. DH suggested that I pierce them and put the liquid in my mouth. Would that even work?

TIA!

Me <-----a middle school teacher who thinks her students are actually making her lose brain cells:sigh:

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Not sure with the topical, Yes, antibiotics are supposed to make you more alkaline and I cannot imagine how bad number 2 would taste. They may be big but not bigger than a bite of a hamburger that you manage to chew and swallow! You can do it!

3Pink1Blue
April 6th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Don't know about the other stuff but I've been told that the fish oil is unbelievably nasty if you pop it, E is fine though :happy:

Zivic-Bubac
April 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I chew my Fish Oil and vit E because I like the taste:oops:
If there was Fish Oil in liquid form , I would def take it :oops:

queen-of-harts
April 6th, 2011, 08:10 AM
It does come in liquid form but they flavor it so maybe it would not taste as good to you lol I hate getting fishburps so i can only imagine chewing a fish oil pill eeeek

daisyfay311
April 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah the taste is nasty but not impossible. I was just wondering if that would even work, to pierce them and then basically drink them. I guess it does.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Incredibly dumb question #1

So, I went to the dermatologist today and he gave me two topical medications for my (stupid yucky off bc pills) skin. Can topical medications sway? I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't even bother with them now, maybe fill the scripts and save them for some time later.

A second guess:

He also gave me Erythromycin, an antibiotic, 60 tabs of I think 500 mg each. Now, I'm totally second guessing myself. I was going to take one a day or one every couple days until my sway attempt but now I'm all like, do antibiotics really sway blue? Is this really a good idea? *sigh*

Incredibly dumb question #2

Some of the supplements pills are really big to me, mainly the "gel" ones--Fish Oil, Vit E, EPO. DH suggested that I pierce them and put the liquid in my mouth. Would that even work?

TIA!

Me <-----a middle school teacher who thinks her students are actually making her lose brain cells:sigh:

1) I need to know what the medications are. Yes, topical meds can sway but I need the name.

2) Please, PLEASE take the antibiotics as directed by your doctor. Don't goof around with weird dosages because you run the risk of ruining your health PERMANENTLY by creating a strain of antibiotic resistant bacteria and killing off your body's natural bacteria.

3) They work the same way but will taste really gross!!

Flava
April 7th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I chew my Fish Oil and vit E because I like the taste:oops:
If there was Fish Oil in liquid form , I would def take it :oops:

OMg noway Zivic!:rofl: