PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with a digital ph tester

daisyfay311
April 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
DH and I are both master's degree graduates and we can't figure out the dang digital ph tester. :sigh:

How do we put it in the solution to calibrate it? Just literally put it in a paper cup? How long does it stay in the solution before we know it's ready? How do we put it in storage solution?

We have the Hanna 98103, btw. Thank you so much if you can help!

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I put the solution in a small container with a lid so I could save it. Just dip the tip in and wait till the numbers stabilize. Put a few drops of the storage solution in the cap and put the cap back on, simple :bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I don't know because I never used one, but BUMP!!

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I just ordered 1 so love to know too!

Out of the Blue
April 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I put the solution in a small container with a lid so I could save it. Just dip the tip in and wait till the numbers stabilize. Put a few drops of the storage solution in the cap and put the cap back on, simple :bigsmile:

Wow! So you can reuse the solution? That's great! How long/how many times can you reuse it?

Quick question while we're on the subject of figuring out the Hanna...How often does it need to be calabrated? I heard "often" is best but what does that mean...??? Once per day, once per week, etc.???

Thanks to the original poster for posting this thread!

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Wow! So you can reuse the solution? That's great! How long/how many times can you reuse it?

Quick question while we're on the subject of figuring out the Hanna...How often does it need to be calabrated? I heard "often" is best but what does that mean...??? Once per day, once per week, etc.???

Thanks to the original poster for posting this thread!

We actually bought big bottles of solution because the little packets it came with were not enough. I found something saying you should calibrate about every month or so but now I can't find where that was again. If you google the type of tester you have you should get a fair amount of info. I've also heard this company has very good customer service so if it comes to it you could always call them.

Out of the Blue
April 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Thx, daisyfay...GL on your sway for a :ttcboy:

fivebabies
April 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I read that it should be calibrated once a week.

Good luck!

believinginblue
April 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I agree! i bought the the same hanna tester and the directions are not clear! i'm glad i'm not the only one!!!

Flava
April 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Got my Hanna yesterday...
some Q? : I don't have storage solution only cleaning..can I store it in that?:think:

I did calibrate it in the Ph 7.01 solution and the Ph 4.01 ( have little bags in the box they send) but I only ordered 1 big Ph &.01 buffer because I read it somewhere that is enough to calibrate in that later. Is that ok??

Oh and my Ph is 4.8!!! Im so sad...:SS:

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
flava - are you ovulating? pH of 4.8 is totally normal if you are not ovulating, that's the natural pH of the vagina. It's the CM that raises pH so if you have very little CM to test, your pH will seem really low.

Take some Robitussin and see what happens - you will make some more CM to test and it will probably be higher in pH.

Don't worry, we will get that pH up.

Flava
April 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
flava - are you ovulating? pH of 4.8 is totally normal if you are not ovulating, that's the natural pH of the vagina. It's the CM that raises pH so if you have very little CM to test, your pH will seem really low.

Take some Robitussin and see what happens - you will make some more CM to test and it will probably be higher in pH.

Don't worry, we will get that pH up.I just O'd 1 or 2 days ago, not sure. But I had lot's of ewcm and use the ph strips and it was the same so low didn't even change the color on the paper. It was always my problem low ph all the time. I don't get my Ph up on O or after big O or whenever like others. It's always stays low!
I know some think Ph is not important but it is for me.
Others also talk about blood type and what help for them..what about RH- like me? Really why nothing helps my PH up? Is there any1 else like me here?

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry Flava, I will keep trying to help and figure out things to get your pH up.

Flava
April 9th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry Flava, I will keep trying to help and figure out things to get your pH up.

Thanks so much:HH:
I just read a post you maybe ttc a boy. GL with that! I really think you don't need to ttc , but it's just me. I think I would have a girl if I just DD .
Hope your DH says yes soon.
Im also 36 here :sigh:

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you so much! I keep hoping he will wake up one day and say this is it!

Flava
April 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Thank you so much! I keep hoping he will wake up one day and say this is it!

You know what, he is home every night now:wink:it can happen anytime so get ready!:bigsmile:

3Pink1Blue
April 10th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Flava I did everything, bsd, acv, alkaline diet, blood type diet, asg, mass amounts of lemon water EVERYTHING to try to raise my pH and nothing worked, best it ever got was 5.5. I stopped drinking orange juice (mostly because I was sick of it) and started drinking blueberry pomegranate juice, lots of green tea and eating bacon and in a couple weeks my ewcm is over 7. Make little changes and you'll figure it out.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Wow that is amazing 3pink, thank you for sharing.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
You know what, he is home every night now:wink:it can happen anytime so get ready!:bigsmile:

Thank you!!! (((hugs)))

Flava
April 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Flava I did everything, bsd, acv, alkaline diet, blood type diet, asg, mass amounts of lemon water EVERYTHING to try to raise my pH and nothing worked, best it ever got was 5.5. I stopped drinking orange juice (mostly because I was sick of it) and started drinking blueberry pomegranate juice, lots of green tea and eating bacon and in a couple weeks my ewcm is over 7. Make little changes and you'll figure it out.

OMG same here just like you! But I don't drink OJ I just don't like it. So Im thinking not even bother with the yucky drinks. Im drinking green tea (guess I need to drink more) and got this BB/P juice because of your other post. it's v-fusion so I'll try that too.
And now I find a good bread.:bigsmile: