PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking about names already?

Southern Butterfly
January 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I'm a bit of a "name obsesser" lol. Just curious if anyone else has already started thinking about it. So far I think this one will be Sage if it's a boy or Emery for a girl (but knowing us that may change!)

Amberlilly55
January 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I am a name obsesser as well! I'm not even pregnant yet and in the last week or so we have been talking about names a lot. I *think* we have them picked. Blake for a boy and Adaleigh for a girl.

I really like your names! :)

Wanting-a-girl
January 5th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Yes!

I can only think of boy names too lol

thehappypixi
January 6th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I've had a girl name picked for years :( Hope it gets used one day :)

Dreamofpink
January 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
I love Felicity or Maia for a girl and DH loves Nathaniel for a boy which I quite like. It is similar to DS2's name though - Ethan - which I'm not sure's a good idea!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Tiggerian
January 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM
I'm the same - and not even pregnant lol!

I try to keep a lid on it though. I'm afraid of jinxing it by talking about girl names and boy names i can't really find any I like, other than Jasper.

Southern Butterfly
January 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I like all the names so far! Always love seeing what others are naming their babies:wink:

ynwa
January 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Its hard picking names,so far I like rose,Florence,Scarlett,Amelia,:.)

Wanting-a-girl
January 6th, 2013, 02:09 PM
These are my names a rough list... Opinions are appreciated! :)

Boys... Lennon, Avery, Meeka, Finn,

Girls... Harlow, Vienna, hazel, Zola, Harper.... wich I think Ezra and Zola would go really well together since the will be pretty close in age..

Amberlilly55
January 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
These are my names a rough list... Opinions are appreciated! :)

Boys... Lennon, Avery, Meeka, Finn,

Girls... Harlow, Vienna, hazel, Zola, Harper.... wich I think Ezra and Zola would go really well together since the will be pretty close in age..

My favorites from your list are Finn and Harper although I kinda like them all :) there are only 2 that aren't my style. The only Avery's that I have ever met have been girls. I love the name it's just Gorky to me. Vienna makes me think of Vienna sausages that my dad used to buy when I was little :)

Amberlilly55
January 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Girly not Gorky. Sorry! I'm on my phone :)

fish2012
January 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
oh yes twin girls - my dream ;-0 Naomi Elizabeth and Miriam Grace and for a biy - probably my reality! - Benjamin Daniel although a friend recently picked exactly the same name ;-( so maybe Daniel Benjamin!

shiningstar
January 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Hi! I'm new here. I'm due September 16th with my 3rd baby. :)

For a boy I like: Wesley Ryan or Rylan Jacob
For a girl I like Madelyn/Madeline (not sure on spelling) Elise or Keira Elizabeth

Even though I have a short list for now, I'm sure it will be super hard to name this baby. I just hope we have a name before he or she is born.

The Anchor
January 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Sage for a boy? I know two Sages IRL and they're both girls...LOVE Emery.

meeks32
January 30th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I'm also a name obsesser. Out of interest for those in the same boat, are you also poas addicts? I certainly was!

meeks32
January 30th, 2013, 10:35 PM
My name for a girl is Lexi. I love love love it. I will name my girl Lexi no matter who steals it between now and then, even if it was my best friend, that's how much I love it!

If we have a boy I'm screwed. No ideas after ds1 and ds2. Lol

Butterfly Spirit
January 30th, 2013, 11:22 PM
My name for a girl is Lexi. I love love love it. I will name my girl Lexi no matter who steals it between now and then, even if it was my best friend, that's how much I love it!

If we have a boy I'm screwed. No ideas after ds1 and ds2. Lol

My advice is not to tell anyone in RL your dream/top name choice just incase it does bother you that someone decides to use it.
HUGE congrats again on your BFP btw!! :D

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 12:05 AM
My advice is not to tell anyone in RL your dream/top name choice just incase it does bother you that someone decides to use it.
HUGE congrats again on your BFP btw!! :D

That was my approach with ds1 and 2, but I've been saying for years my girl name was Lexi so that if anyone takes it my friends can know it was mine first and it won't look like I'm copying when I use it. You know?

I don't really care if anyone else uses it because at this point I love it so much I would use it regardless.

No doubt I'll have a boy just because that seems to be how life goes!

LacePrincess
January 31st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Goodness no, I don't want to jinx things being so early.....

but if it's a boy I'm screwed too. I have no clue how to think of a fourth name I like! My criteria always was 1) Not too trendy, 2) Not too stodgy, and 3) Sounds 'right' on an advanced degree diploma, lol.

Funny story though. Out of the blue DS2 came up to me a few months ago and said, if I ever have a girl I have to name her Mia. I was all charmed and thinking what a beautiful name!

Then I got suspicious. You see, DS2 is a big Power Rangers freak. On a hunch, I asked him what was the name of the Pink Power Ranger, and yup, it was Mia.

Sigh. I really liked the name too!!!

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Goodness no, I don't want to jinx things being so early.....

but if it's a boy I'm screwed too. I have no clue how to think of a fourth name I like! My criteria always was 1) Not too trendy, 2) Not too stodgy, and 3) Sounds 'right' on an advanced degree diploma, lol.

Funny story though. Out of the blue DS2 came up to me a few months ago and said, if I ever have a girl I have to name her Mia. I was all charmed and thinking what a beautiful name!

Then I got suspicious. You see, DS2 is a big Power Rangers freak. On a hunch, I asked him what was the name of the Pink Power Ranger, and yup, it was Mia.

Sigh. I really liked the name too!!!

Hahah we are very alike. My criteria are similar! Minus the degree thing. Nice one, may add it in!

Mia is a beautiful name and I doubt anyone else knows its a power ranger name. I say go for it, a win win, he loves it for his reasons, you for yours! I know a Mia who is 16 now and she's absolutely beautiful sophisticated and smart. Can't go wrong! (Because we all know how your name dictates your physical attributes, lol)

LacePrincess
January 31st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Meeks, ROTFLMAO!!!

When he said Mia I immediately thought of Princess Mia from Princess Diaries. I might very well use it if I ever have a girl, lol. It's a gorgeous name.

Northern_Shutterbug
February 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I really want Evelyn for a girl as it was my grandmas name but hubby isn't convinced ;(

MamaK4
February 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
We're leaning towards Kellan for a boy or Kerrigan for a girl. Not sure on the middle names but we've been kicking around Rose for a girl.

Thing is with our other 3 we always we able to come up with and decide on a boy name super easily, but never a girl name. This time we came up and agreed on a girl name but we're still not sure about a boy. DH said for that reason he thinks we're having a girl--I'm doubtful though!

MamaK4
February 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Oops, sorry--double post! It gave me an error the first time but I guess it posted anyways!

Mommyof3boys
February 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I'm jumping due date clubs here but I have been thinking about Simon or Oliver for a boy but I don't really love either name and Rowan, Amelia or Mavis (with a long a) for a girl. I have no idea about middle names though and our last name starts with a G so we have to be careful about choosing middle names that have initials that spell words.

Currently we have the initials DAG, KBG, and GEG and had to rule out several names for ds1 and ds3 because their middle names were choosen first because they are family names.

Mommyof3boys
February 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I do like the names Mia and Evelyn both for a girl and the name Kellan for a boy. I love this thread I always have a hard time chosing names and I don't like discussing them with my family because I hate it when I love a name and they don't like it.

xokatietatie
February 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
Hello! I am obsessed with names as well. For a boy, DH and I are thinking Declan Phillip (middle name from my brother-in-law). All of our boys have middle names after men from our families. For a girl, we're thinking Birdella. It was my great grandmother's name. DH and I kept throwing around other names -- Ruby, Stella, Violet, etc... And then our oldest son suggested Birdella. I really do love it because of how much my great grandmother meant to me (and always will). Now we're debating Kate and Catherine/Katherine for the middle name.

meeks32
February 21st, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hello! I am obsessed with names as well. For a boy, DH and I are thinking Declan Phillip (middle name from my brother-in-law). All of our boys have middle names after men from our families. For a girl, we're thinking Birdella. It was my great grandmother's name. DH and I kept throwing around other names -- Ruby, Stella, Violet, etc... And then our oldest son suggested Birdella. I really do love it because of how much my great grandmother meant to me (and always will). Now we're debating Kate and Catherine/Katherine for the middle name.

What about Birdella for a middle name, to keep the family tradition, and Ruby/Stella/Violet for a first name? I LOVE LOVE LOVE those 3 names.

*ruby*
February 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM
I love Stella and Ruby as well. What about Della?

fish2012
February 22nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
I love Naomi for a girl but ds2 is Noah too close.

For a boy Benjamin Daniel has been the name forever (Benjamin being last of the tribes of Israel) but friend (not very close one) called her ds exactly that 9 months ago so now don't know could reverse it but while I love dan and Daniel not keen on Danny so don't know if good plan ;-)

Help!

meeks32
February 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
I love Naomi for a girl but ds2 is Noah too close.

For a boy Benjamin Daniel has been the name forever (Benjamin being last of the tribes of Israel) but friend (not very close one) called her ds exactly that 9 months ago so now don't know could reverse it but while I love dan and Daniel not keen on Danny so don't know if good plan ;-)

Help!

If there is anything I've learned it's that you have to use what you had your heart set on, regardless of who else uses it first. As long as its not your best friend or sister or something! I just think you can explain it was your chosen name forever and any real friend will not only understand but feel flattered that you both like the same name.

Use it, you will regret it if not. You have to be 100% sure the friend will be in your life forever and that they will be offended to not use the name you love. Does that make sense?

Emily
February 22nd, 2013, 05:31 AM
If there is anything I've learned it's that you have to use what you had your heart set on, regardless of who else uses it first. As long as its not your best friend or sister or something! I just think you can explain it was your chosen name forever and any real friend will not only understand but feel flattered that you both like the same name.

Use it, you will regret it if not. You have to be 100% sure the friend will be in your life forever and that they will be offended to not use the name you love. Does that make sense?

What a gorgeous name - if I were you I'd use it and ditch the friend LOL. No, but seriously you may not even know her in a few years' time. My friend called her son the same as mine but we didn't find out as she gave birth back in America and we think it is cute now. You could always not tell her the middle name or just front up and say that you have has it picked out a while- how could she object to someone saying that the name is so fantastic they want it too?

shiningstar
February 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Fish2012- My ds2 is named Noah as well! I don't think Naomi is too close. Jodee Messina (the country singer) has a Noah and Jonah. Now that I think is close. lol! I agree, you should use the name you love!

Princess of Pink
February 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Wow I'm not even pregnant and have a name list already! Boys names are easy as I really only have the one....but girls names will be a challenge. I have a list of great names but will be hard to find one DH likes too.

Boy: Rome Owen

Girl: Aja, Harlow, London, Ryder, Halo, Brooklyn, Hunter, Ember, Willow, Aria, Capri, Cambria, Asta, Aniston, Addison, Emjay, Emmi, Evie, Nellie, Zola (now to narrow it down to one name!)

pebmcpd7
February 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Boy name:- Ciaran (KEE rawn)
Girl name:- Lenaig-Kate (Lena) or Roisin (ROW sheen)

fish2012
February 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
thanks shining star emily and meeks, i'm not that close to the friend and she's a really open person, I think its a boy i might take her for cake and tell her ans see how she feels. she's christian too and i said to her after he was born ph will this be you're last then (she has pigeon pair) and she said no and i said then oh that was the name for my last cause......so she does know that's on my radar

love naomi so much it was top of list for a dd last time but i was so sure it was a boy and dh wanted william i wanted noah and i pulled off the oh i've just given birth but you choose the name honey trick and he 'choose' noah ;-0 i didn't occur me then to think of baby 3!

i love joel and joshua but too close to joseph (ds1)

ummmm its not like nigel and nigela ;-0 i hope that's my worry hmmmm

fish2012
March 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Omg just this thread and realised I need to up date with boy twin choices!

Daniel Albert
Aaron Benjamin!

It's appears I either jinxed myself or subconsciously knew it was twins interesting!!!

bythestream
March 13th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I love the name Aria for a girl. I also like Zipporah but maybe for a middle name.

For a boy I like Arlo but I don't think DH does. I think we'd use Solomon for a middle name but I want a short first name like my boys.

meeks32
March 13th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Omg just this thread and realised I need to up date with boy twin choices!

Daniel Albert
Aaron Benjamin!

It's appears I either jinxed myself or subconsciously knew it was twins interesting!!!

Lovely. Can't wait to hear what the genders are when you have your scan! Keep us updated over here!!

jamieshalon
March 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I have 3 boys that end with an "N", so if I have a boy I would like to stick with the theme. We are thinking Griffin Paul (Paul is for my dh's dad who passed away 2 years ago). For a little girl we have Sophia Elizabeth only because I have been having a dream about a little girl for about a year now and that is her name in all of my dreams.

meeks32
March 19th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I have 3 boys that end with an "N", so if I have a boy I would like to stick with the theme. We are thinking Griffin Paul (Paul is for my dh's dad who passed away 2 years ago). For a little girl we have Sophia Elizabeth only because I have been having a dream about a little girl for about a year now and that is her name in all of my dreams.

Love Sophia, and Griffin was one of my faves but dh wouldn't agree! Lovely names!

jamieshalon
March 20th, 2013, 07:26 AM
thank you. I have Tristen, Logan and Brayden right now. I keep thinking that if I have another boy and don't keep up with the "N" trend then he may feel left out.

mumof6
May 6th, 2013, 03:33 AM
we have Ashton Charlie for a boy - our girl name is a surprise i always think that by sharing our girl's name i'll jinx myself lol

Dreamofpink
May 6th, 2013, 04:09 AM
We're thinking of Matthew for a boy or Maia for a girl, especially as babe was conceived on or around the spring equinox! Haven't thought of middle names just yet.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2