PDA

View Full Version : Egg Donation Disqualification

LekkerSlaap
January 6th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I was wondering what disqualifies someone from being an egg donor? Before the paperwork and testing. I know some places say you cannot have had any surgeries, or also cannot have infertility issues.

rainbowflower
January 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
age, perhaps?

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I do not think they will allow someone to be a donor with known fertility issues. It may depend on the issue but I would want to be informed of that when choosing a donor because whatever the issue is could be genetic.

lisvna
January 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Lekkerslaap?!? Thats Dutch! Do you speak Dutch? We have a Dutch section too!

Claire33
January 8th, 2013, 04:58 PM
She could be South African, Lekker slaap is Afrikaans. Is means good night/welterusten/slaap lekker.

LekkerSlaap
January 9th, 2013, 03:15 AM
I do not speak dutch but yes it is Afrikaans <3 I speak VERY LITTLE afrikaans. I lived and worked with 13 men and women from South Africa about 7 years ago and it was such a fun experience. I would love to visit there some day and I kept this as a name because it took me 3 months to learn how to say it properly! I always wanted to go to each person and say goodnight in Afrikaans and I loved it. I can also say I love you...that's about it that I remember.

Lotte
January 12th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Ik het jou lief!
Afrikaans is kinda old fashioned Dutch!

Lotte
January 12th, 2013, 03:05 PM
But do you want to donate your eggs?

Lotte
January 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM
And my sons wants to know more about the turtle!

LekkerSlaap
January 13th, 2013, 01:32 AM
I know it as Ek is lief vir jou. I do want to donate my eggs in hope of not only making my IVF cheaper but also to help someone down the road who needs them. I'm so conflicted with everything and I feel like just crying. And about the turtle, I've always been in love with sea turtles. They fight so hard just to live and I admire that so much. That and they are so dang cute! But then I also found out in some cultures they are a symbol of fertility. I also have a sea turtle tattoo on my forearm because in chinese beliefs when you tattoo something on you (kanji) that locks that inside of you. So I figured why not!? haha So I hope that someday I will have a sea turtle of my own (a baby) since I've struggled so hard to bring it into this world.

Lotte
January 13th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Oh yes LekkerSlaap, there must be different words to express the feeling I love you, I like You, I feel love for you!
Nice gesture to help someone with your eggs, and a smart way to make ivf affordable for yourself, hugs for you.
Lovely story about the turtle (now I know what kind of tattoo I want!). And of course I hope your tattoo will help you to make your dreams come true....

LekkerSlaap
January 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I will try to post a pic of mine sometime soon. Today just is one of those days where I just can't stop crying.

Lotte
February 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Take your time!

BTW This ad (herbal tea) reminded me of you:
Pickwick NL | Assortiment | Herbal Goodness | Herbal Goodness Slaap Lekker (http://www.pickwick.nl/HerbalGoodnessSlaapLekker.aspx)
:-)

Dr. Potter
February 2nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
I was wondering what disqualifies someone from being an egg donor? Before the paperwork and testing. I know some places say you cannot have had any surgeries, or also cannot have infertility issues.It could be several factors. We screen donors for genetic carrier status, ovarian reserve, basic health, drugs, sexually transmitted diseases, and psychological issues. Donors also need to be reliable and have a car. Additionally, recent tattoos would disqualify someone only if they were done outside of a licensed facility although not everyone might understand this and may disqualify anyone with a recent tattoo. An exception can be made in every case when the donor is a 'known donor', i.e. she is known to the recipient couple and the are aware of the positive screen and wishes to move forward.