PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation day confusion!

Kpeanuts
April 6th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Hi all

I've been doing my Clearblue Fertility monitor (CBFM) and Basal thermometer this month. Clearblue stated O would usually be on Peak Day 2, but Basal thermometer info said once the temp has spiked you have already Ov’d. SO on that info, CBFM was CD16, Basal temp was CD15 – I’m so confused!

This is my info:

CD13 DTD late evening
CD15 CBFM Peak day 1 and Basal temp 96.7
CD16 CBFM Peak day 2 and Basal temp 97.6

I wanted to know how many days before O we DTD – can anyone help? :confused:

Thanks!
xx

Preggypops
April 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I used BBT and a CBFM to get pregnant with my current pregnancy (beautiful little boy on the way). I got pregnant the second month and from observing both charts I can see that I ovulated on peak day 1 as my temperature actually dipped that day and rose the second day. I would also say that you ovulated on CD15 - what was your temp on CD14?

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Once your temp rises the egg is usually dead and gone. A temp dip can indicate ovulation.

Either way I think you had a nice cutoff.

Can you post a chart??

Kpeanuts
April 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I used BBT and a CBFM to get pregnant with my current pregnancy (beautiful little boy on the way). I got pregnant the second month and from observing both charts I can see that I ovulated on peak day 1 as my temperature actually dipped that day and rose the second day. I would also say that you ovulated on CD15 - what was your temp on CD14?

Thanks for your reply, and congratulations on your blue bundle! I agree with you I think it must have been CD15. My temp on CD14 was 97.2, so it dropped to 96.7 on CD15 before going up to 97.6 on CD16. I'm so glad I did my BBT and didn't just rely on my CBFM ALTHOUGH it did tell me my high days (doesn't always) so I was able to DTD for the first two highs out of three, making it a 2 day cut off (or 1.5 days? getting a bit paranoid with dates!).

Kpeanuts
April 6th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Once your temp rises the egg is usually dead and gone. A temp dip can indicate ovulation.

Either way I think you had a nice cutoff.

Can you post a chart??

Hi - thanks for your reply. So CD15 must have been a 2 day cutoff (or 1.5 days as I don't know the exact time of Ov!). Is that good for TTC pink or should I have had 3 days (or 2.5days!). How do I post a chart?

Preggypops
April 7th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for your reply, and congratulations on your blue bundle! I agree with you I think it must have been CD15. My temp on CD14 was 97.2, so it dropped to 96.7 on CD15 before going up to 97.6 on CD16. I'm so glad I did my BBT and didn't just rely on my CBFM ALTHOUGH it did tell me my high days (doesn't always) so I was able to DTD for the first two highs out of three, making it a 2 day cut off (or 1.5 days? getting a bit paranoid with dates!).

Thanks - we are very excited! I find the whole cut off and timing thing very confusing and it also seems to be the least important factor so try not worry :) I hope you get the result you want!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
haha, I don't actually know how to post a chart...I was hoping you did!!

Yes, 2 day cutoff it looks like to me. I think 2 or 3 days are both good.