PDA

View Full Version : New here and shocked...

Longingforgirl
January 7th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Hi there,

first of all, congratulations to all of you :happy:

I was planning to cycle with Dr. Potter next October.
I am 12 days late and waiting for AF to come any day, and I hate that waiting, not knowing when it is coming (because whenever I am late, AF comes big time, so I have to be prepared all the time). So when I was buying diapers for little one just now, I grabbed a cheap pregnancy test as well.

Pregnant, instantly.

I cannot believe it! When we were cycling in october, DH's sperm were soooo bad! And I have never fallen pregnant just like this. We have had inseminations with both of our boys. And of course, I know it is going to be another boy. I totally swayed boy, I ate way too much. I am in such a shock. It was so unplanned and I cannot believe this is happening to me.

I don't know how to handle this. I am so so so scared. Both of my boys were cry babies as well, and I just cannot do this a third time. :worry:

rainbowflower
January 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM
firstly, congratulations!!
they say things happen for a reason, so this baby must be sent to enhance your family in some way
could still be a girl, even with perfect sways you can get opposite and I've seen a few "whoops" pregnancies on here turn pink

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Wow! Congrats!

The Anchor
January 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
AWESOME, congrats! Low fertility sways girl, you still have a chance!

Bimby
January 7th, 2013, 11:23 AM
We have an "surprise" girl after 2 boys so you definitely have a chance :) Congratulations :)

Longingforgirl
January 7th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Thank you so much!!!
I am still freaking out, so scared of another boy. This morning, I saw a car with three baby boy's names on it. And I thought, if I am pregnant, this is a sign of how my future will be like.
I wanted to be 100% sure that our next child is going to be a girl. My two boys were such crybabies, one with a genetic condition, and I am so scared of this happening all over again.
Of course, until proved otherwise, I still have that chance of it being a girl. And I am holding all my hopes for that. Although I cannot get myself to believe that. But of course I have to stay positive in some way. So I am hoping.
DH said, if this is going to be another boy, we are trying at least twice again with Dr. Potter.

And yes, you are right. Maybe this baby was just meant to be. Totally against the odds.

Thank you all so much!

Rosie85
January 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I was the same way. I did NOT want my third to be another boy. Mine are crabby and cry a lot, terrible sleepers and one has autism. I really only wanted a girl but HT was never an option for me. I did sway...but did it wrong. I had the same thoughts as you, like my life will me miserable and such if it's a boy. Well...it's another boy and you know what all of those thoughts are gone. Even though he wasn't my dream gender he is still my baby, my beautiful bouncy baby..and I can't wait to meet him! So even feelings of doom and gloom can instantly change! Don't feel bad for feeling the way you do, we all understand your stance, but have hope that even if it's another boy for you, things could and probably will be great!

Also a super duper congrats on getting pregnant on your own!! This is a good sign that baby no matter the gender was meant to be and will hold a very very special place in your heart!

The Anchor
January 7th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much!!!
I am still freaking out, so scared of another boy. This morning, I saw a car with three baby boy's names on it. And I thought, if I am pregnant, this is a sign of how my future will be like.
I wanted to be 100% sure that our next child is going to be a girl. My two boys were such crybabies, one with a genetic condition, and I am so scared of this happening all over again.
Of course, until proved otherwise, I still have that chance of it being a girl. And I am holding all my hopes for that. Although I cannot get myself to believe that. But of course I have to stay positive in some way. So I am hoping.
DH said, if this is going to be another boy, we are trying at least twice again with Dr. Potter.

And yes, you are right. Maybe this baby was just meant to be. Totally against the odds.

Thank you all so much!

Your DH sounds WONDERFUL! Does he want a girl too?

mrs magoo
January 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
congrats on an unplanned pregnancy. must ahve been meant to be :)

Longingforgirl
January 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Your DH sounds WONDERFUL! Does he want a girl too?

Well, he would be all happy with another boy. But he knows how much I want a girl, and maybe he feels a little responsible for this situation as well :twins: I was freaking out today and he wanted to be happy about the pregnancy. So I think he said that to cheer me up. I will make him sign that though. Otherwise maybe he won't remember that a year from now :twins:

Longingforgirl
January 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I was the same way. I did NOT want my third to be another boy. Mine are crabby and cry a lot, terrible sleepers and one has autism. I really only wanted a girl but HT was never an option for me. I did sway...but did it wrong. I had the same thoughts as you, like my life will me miserable and such if it's a boy. Well...it's another boy and you know what all of those thoughts are gone. Even though he wasn't my dream gender he is still my baby, my beautiful bouncy baby..and I can't wait to meet him! So even feelings of doom and gloom can instantly change! Don't feel bad for feeling the way you do, we all understand your stance, but have hope that even if it's another boy for you, things could and probably will be great!

Also a super duper congrats on getting pregnant on your own!! This is a good sign that baby no matter the gender was meant to be and will hold a very very special place in your heart!

Thank you so much! Let's hope these babies are going to be very easy to handle - and healthy. We will love them no matter what anyway. Of course. But those first few years I was going through hell with my boys. I don't want to do that again. I remember begging my DH to give our DS2 away for adoption. I wasn't myself anymore. So sleepdeprived and weak and desperate... :nails:

WantingPink
January 7th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Sounds like you have a very supportive DH!! I too am PG with a baby that wasn't planned and I wanted to sway for our 3rd. I am slightly irritated with DH as he knows I wanted to sway for a girl. I am 99% sure I am going to have another boy but... there is always a slim chance. PLUS... you have now gotten PG on your own which is completely different from your first two (my PG is a carbon copy of my first two). Low fertility definitely sways pink so I think you still have a really good chance!! I wish my DH said we could go HT for #4 if this baby isn't a girl!!

letibe77
January 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Yes make DH sign that :giggle:

Let me hug you again - my fingers are crossed for a girl!!! :babym:

Longingforgirl
January 8th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Sounds like you have a very supportive DH!! I too am PG with a baby that wasn't planned and I wanted to sway for our 3rd. I am slightly irritated with DH as he knows I wanted to sway for a girl. I am 99% sure I am going to have another boy but... there is always a slim chance. PLUS... you have now gotten PG on your own which is completely different from your first two (my PG is a carbon copy of my first two). Low fertility definitely sways pink so I think you still have a really good chance!! I wish my DH said we could go HT for #4 if this baby isn't a girl!!

Maybe in time he is willing to go HT for you? I really hope that we will get our DDs after all. And I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for a girl this time. We can just hope and pray I guess. I could not sleep last night, I am so worried. Of course, every baby's different, but ALL of the boys in our families were crybabies. I know we will propably go HT if this is another boy. But I just don't feel like I am strong enough to be going through the crybaby-phase again.

*sigh* let's hope and pray...

Girlsway
January 8th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats Longing. It's sort of a miracle it happened for you so naturally this time round. You have to be over the moon and don't loose hope because it can well be a girl. Many perfect sways end up in opposites so if you think you ate boy friendly foods there is still a good chance its a girl. Enjoy the pregnancy, it might be the last one :-)