PDA

View Full Version : Do you or partner have hayfever

Belle
April 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I dont and I have 2 boys. Who has and what is the gender of your child/ children? Just curious because most of who I know that have hayfever have girls

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM
My hubby has a lot of allergies but his parents and sibling do not... Both my boys seem to as well. I only have food allergies but both my brothers have really bad hayfever. My brother has 2G and 1B (6, 4, 2) and only the oldest girl has allergies.

I know people can get allergies even if the parents don't have a problem. It depends on the time they were born (what blooms at the time of their birthdays hubby and my boys Feb, Mar, and May), what they were exposed to in the early years, kids who get colds very easy, formula babies tend to have envir allergies but not always food, being smaller at birth, a non-balanced diet, and the list goes on. Just about anything can cause it.

Also, some kids can develop allergies from something in the home even it was around since birth... pets, dust, and even just the air. If you just moved then it may be something the home or in the yard.

Skin testing may be no fun but it may be worth if there is something in the house or yard that is casuing it... kids with allergies often have eating issues during allergy season and this cause more colds, growth issues, and sleeping problems. My hubby has been taking allergy shots since 8 years old and so far his allergy list has reduced in half, but has lived in 4 different places and has developed new allergies with each move.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I do and I have 4 boys.

BUT I can see how a person taking a lot of antihistamines for hayfever might be inadvertently swaying pink. I never conceived at the time of year when I usually have allergies (well I did but oddly I didn't have allergies that year and even remember wondering why that was) and so I never took my meds.

Coccinelle33
April 6th, 2011, 05:40 PM