PDA

View Full Version : Spotting before AF

Zivic-Bubac
April 6th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I always spot 4-5 days before AF. Is that a sign of low progesterone?
I was taking progesterone pills ( Utrogestan) when pg with DD 1 and when pg w/DD 2 my gyn gave me nothing and I had severe bleeding ( I thought it was m/c) in 10 week, so I was admitted to the hospital, had prog shots for a week and then prog pills for another 10 days. My bleeding stopped after 2nd prog shot.
I've never tested my hormone levels. If I have low prog, why do I have 2 girls?:worry: There was 1 lady on ig with 26 days cycle and spotting before O, just like me, but she has 2 boys :sad:
Should I be taking some prog supps during 2ww, just in case?
What's the mechanism of prog cream, it looks to me like local application?

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM
See that is one reason why the progesterone thing does not make sense to me. There are MANY women who have to have progesterone therapy and still have girls, or have all girlsa. I wish I could give you an answer but unfortunately the info we have right now is not enough to draw a conclusion on.

Yes, spotting before O is a sign of low progesterone. That can def. keep you from getting pregnant and you will need prog. therapy to maintain a pregnancy. I would try to get the "good" progesterone from your doctor rather than relying on herbal creams because they are less effective. You may want to try B6, it can help lengthen your luteal phase, even though it is traditionally believed to be a "girl" supplement it has had mixed results in that department (I conceived a boy while taking 100 mg B6 a day and A-Gender dropped it from their girl supplements because they felt it was causing opposites). Here is the essay on progesterone. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1919-raising-progesterone-through-diet-B-6-and-prog-cream-HOW-TO

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Atomic, Thank you so much!:HH:
I'm getting 2.6mg (104%) of vit B6 from my Prenatals:bigsmile: