PDA

View Full Version : Prenatals

Zivic-Bubac
April 6th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I know you've said couple of times here that Prenatals are OK when TTC a boy - more nutrients, better blue sway.
I finally got my Prenatals and I'm thrilled!!! :bigsmile: I don't have to swallow pills throughout the day, this one has so much in it.

However, I couldn't find 'Calcium free' Prenatals ( LOL!), mine has 200mg of it ( which is only 15% of RDA). My concern is vit C - I know it was not recommended on ig for dw, I guess bcos it makes you acidic? Or there is some other reason?
This one has 120mg (200%).
I guess vit C is probably not the magic bullet for TTC pink, so there is nothing to worry about, right?:worry:
( some ladies on ig w/all girls were taking Prenatals before conceiving their girls, probably some w/all boys, but I wasn't stalking pink swayers LOLOL!)

daisyfay311
April 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Oh wow, I didn't know we could take prenatals while swaying blue? And I didn't know about Vit C either! I am getting gobs of Vit C from all this fruit juice! Eek! Now I'm totally confused.

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I would take them..baby's health is number one priority! You are doing enough through diet/supps to compensate surely!

JustKim
April 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I've been avoiding prenatals because I wasn't sure if it swayed pink or not. I've just stuck with folic acid for now. When I got pregnant with my 2DD's I was taking prenatals at least a month before we conceived. (I wasn't swaying though)

gizmo77
April 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
same here just kim. i was taking prenatals starting 5-6 mos before DD1 and kept going, still on it. i plan to cont..just bc of FA..but mayb eill think about switching to regular...dont know yet!

Zivic-Bubac
April 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
You got me worried:worry:
Prenatals contain both pink and blue friendly minerals and vitamins. Like NBP said, I (want to) believe other things in my diet, pH and hormones will prevale.

Mine Prenatals boy-friendly ingredients are: vit D, FA, Zinc, vit B12, vit E.
girl -friendly ingredients are: Calcium, vit B1, B2, B6, Niacin, vitC
non-swaying ingredients: vit A and Iron

JustKim
April 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Prenatals certainly weren't the only factor in me conceiving girls...I'm certain my diet was 99% of it. :) I didnt realize it until I found IG that what I was eating was a perfect girl sway.

Maybe someone else can dig up some info for you??

3Pink1Blue
April 6th, 2011, 04:39 PM
ooh me too Kim, I had a perfect sway and didn't even know it lol All I know about pre-natals is I took them religiously from 6 months before I got preg w/dd#1 and didn't stop till after I finished dd#3, I'm skipping em and doing the sups instead.

LolaInLove
April 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Personally, I don't think the levels of girl sway stuff is enough to make a huge difference, but I do think they sway blue more overall with all of the nutrients. That's just my opinion, though!

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Is the Vitamin C stuff swaying pink on here?
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS

Number 8 on the list- Take 1000-to-1500mg of Vitamin C per day

Now if you have a hard time avoiding stress - you want to start taking 1000-to-1500mg of Vitamin C per day because...

Vitamin C has been shown to lower cortisol levels allowing your body to make more Testosterone and like Zinc...
Vitamin C reduces the armostase enzyme that converts your Testosterone into Estrogen.

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2011, 07:04 AM

Now if you have a hard time avoiding stress - you want to start taking 1000-to-1500mg of Vitamin C per day because...

Vitamin C has been shown to lower cortisol levels allowing your body to make more Testosterone and like Zinc...
Vitamin C reduces the armostase enzyme that converts your Testosterone into Estrogen.
Phew, that's a relief http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
The info about its acidifying effect is on page 22 of T's e-book, supps for dw, pink sway. It is about vit C in pill form.

gizmo77
April 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Phew, that's a relief http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
The info about its acidifying effect is on page 22 of T's e-book, supps for dw, pink sway. It is about vit C in pill form.

so did you test or what?? ;-)

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately, no need for testing, af showed this morning:sigh: But I'm super-duper ready for April attempt :cool:

3Pink1Blue
April 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Great info NBP, I think this is another great example of an IG misunderstandings that no one dared question. I'll be adding em back in :wink:

Bummer ZV, on to next month we go! :fingers:

skrimpy
April 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I took prenatals starting about a month before our successful blue sway for our 2yo. I felt they were important for my health and the baby's health, which I rank above swaying factors when deciding what I will take. I did the boy diet and also lots of the boy supps - but I kept up the prenatal (I took New Chapter Perfect Prenatal ordered via Amazon b/c it's much cheaper).

Ironically I wasn't taking a prenatal when I conceived little pink bean I'm pg with now ;)

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I felt they were important for my health and the baby's health, which I rank above swaying factors when deciding what I will take.

:agree:

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I actually took calcium-free prenatals and extra folic acid for my sway. They've got all the girl vitamins, but they were at much lower levels than recommended for swaying. I think it's more important to have health that to worry about the girl vitamins. But that's just my opinion :) .

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I know you've said couple of times here that Prenatals are OK when TTC a boy - more nutrients, better blue sway.
I finally got my Prenatals and I'm thrilled!!! :bigsmile: I don't have to swallow pills throughout the day, this one has so much in it.

However, I couldn't find 'Calcium free' Prenatals ( LOL!), mine has 200mg of it ( which is only 15% of RDA). My concern is vit C - I know it was not recommended on ig for dw, I guess bcos it makes you acidic? Or there is some other reason?
This one has 120mg (200%).
I guess vit C is probably not the magic bullet for TTC pink, so there is nothing to worry about, right?:worry:
( some ladies on ig w/all girls were taking Prenatals before conceiving their girls, probably some w/all boys, but I wasn't stalking pink swayers LOLOL!)

Count me in as one who took prenatals as part of a pink sway and conceived an opposite. I was also taking prenatals before DS 2 and 3.

I totally think those prenatals sound good for blue.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I actually took calcium-free prenatals and extra folic acid for my sway. They've got all the girl vitamins, but they were at much lower levels than recommended for swaying. I think it's more important to have health that to worry about the girl vitamins. But that's just my opinion :) .

I totally agree and because I spent 9 months worrying aobut my baby's health because I accidentally swayed for a few weeks while I was pregnant (I thought I had AF but I actually miscarried a twin), believe me I was SO THANKFUL that I had taken them.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know we could take prenatals while swaying blue? And I didn't know about Vit C either! I am getting gobs of Vit C from all this fruit juice! Eek! Now I'm totally confused.

I already answered this on the other thread but for anyone who stumbles across this at a later date, the best evidence at our disposal points to the idea that ALL nutrients across the board probably sway blue to some degree.

Vit. C is listed as a girl supp because it is acidifying. That's the only reason. If your pH is good while taking Vit C, don't give it another thought, it will only help your sway.

The fruit juice is alkalinizing in addition to containing Vit. C and other phytonutrients so it is great for TTC blue and allowed on every single one of the diets.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM
You got me worried:worry:
Prenatals contain both pink and blue friendly minerals and vitamins. Like NBP said, I (want to) believe other things in my diet, pH and hormones will prevale.

Mine Prenatals boy-friendly ingredients are: vit D, FA, Zinc, vit B12, vit E.
girl -friendly ingredients are: Calcium, vit B1, B2, B6, Niacin, vitC
non-swaying ingredients: vit A and Iron

Well you already know that I think ALL the nutrients sway blue so I think those are fine. I would even add in a Vit. D.

I would be a wee bit careful of the Vit. A, because large doses of Vit. A can cause birth defects (this is only true of Vit. A supplements, not Vit A through foods)

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Prenatals certainly weren't the only factor in me conceiving girls...I'm certain my diet was 99% of it. :) I didnt realize it until I found IG that what I was eating was a perfect girl sway.

Maybe someone else can dig up some info for you??

Totally this. If you look at other factors like protein, fat, sodium, and blood sugar, the other parts of the diet are SO much greater than whether you're taking prenatals or not.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Is the Vitamin C stuff swaying pink on here?

Awesome thank you!

To answer your question, I do have it listed as a "girl supp" but that's because it is traditionally a girl supp.

gizmo77
April 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately, no need for testing, af showed this morning:sigh: But I'm super-duper ready for April attempt :cool:

stinks, but more time to tweek the sway! good luck!

Zivic-Bubac
April 9th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks gizmo and Jen!:HH: Looking forward to our next attempt :luck:

Zivic-Bubac
April 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I would be a wee bit careful of the Vit. A, because large doses of Vit. A can cause birth defects (this is only true of Vit. A supplements, not Vit A through foods)
I bought the product made in USA :bigsmile: , Prenatal Vitamins made by Natural Wealth Nutrition Corp. It contains 4000 IU of vit A which is 50% of daily value.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 06:46 PM
That's great! I just wanted to make sure that anyone who read that, knew that huge doses of Vit A are dangerous.

begonia
May 24th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I just started taking these ... they are delicious! And have DHA, and no calcium if you're trying to watch that intake.

http://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-90-Count/dp/B003IP8BC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1306241605&sr=8-1

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 02:44 AM
They look great Begonia!!

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I just started taking these ... they are delicious! And have DHA, and no calcium if you're trying to watch that intake.

http://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-90-Count/dp/B003IP8BC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1306241605&sr=8-1

Nice! What a great way to cut down on some of the pill swallowing. Just be sure you're getting 2000 mcg of folic - you may need to take a separate folic supp. The boy diet really leaches the FA from your system.

CapricornAquarius
May 31st, 2011, 10:28 PM
Atomic, I was wondering if Im not being strict with my boy diet, is it still necessary to up my folic acid? mine is 500mcg & im only taking 1 a day.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Atomic, I was wondering if Im not being strict with my boy diet, is it still necessary to up my folic acid? mine is 500mcg & im only taking 1 a day.

If you've upped the salt and are doing any of the BS/Ural/COT drinks and/or you're taking green tea in any form, YES, you do need more folic acid. You'll just pee out any excess and it is one thing that is proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to help prevent birth defects.

Flava
July 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I just want to say I did not take prenatal before I got pregnant with any of my girls! So yes I will take it now with this try maybe it helps me get a boy?
Im ordering the same thing what begonia posted (thanks) I think the price is good and easy to eat.
When I get pregnant I switch to something else.

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks for that info Flava! I took them before conception with 3 of my 4 boys! With my first son I was 20 and working at a roast beef restaurant LOL (he's the one I didn't take a prenatal with.)

begonia
July 24th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Flava I didn't take a prenatal before either of my girls either and that is part of the reason I felt totally comfortable taking one as part of my boy sway. They weren't planned so I ended up starting the prenatal with DD1 at 8 weeks and DD2 around 5 weeks. The great thing about those gummies is they really do taste good, and if you do end up pg with a queasy tum I think they'd be easier to handle than horse-pill prenatals.

Lisap2008
October 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I am taking Geritol complete and about 4000mcg of folic acid a day. I was taking a very green supplement that had alot of alfalfa and wheat grass but I stopped taking it when I realized it was delaying my ovulation , I was not ovulating till cd 18-20 on it.

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Lisa,

You may want to try JUST wheatgrass because the alfalfa does have chemicals that can interfere with the body's production of estrogen and that def. has the potential to delay ovulation.

prayingforblue
October 27th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I took prenatal vitamins with all of my girls, so I honestly don't know which way they sway. Would barley greens work just as well as the wheatgrass?

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM
There are always exceptions on both sides of the aisle, but overall I believe prenatals to be blue-friendly.

Barley grass is also good for TTC blue, it does have calcium tho if that matters to you.

prayingforblue
October 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks atomic!

bec2483
October 7th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I just want to say I did not take prenatal before I got pregnant with any of my girls! So yes I will take it now with this try maybe it helps me get a boy?
Im ordering the same thing what begonia posted (thanks) I think the price is good and easy to eat.
When I get pregnant I switch to something else.

hi flava i trying to sway blue in late dec or early January and was wondering what other vitamins you add and if you had to add my folic acid to your supps

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Bec, I don't think flava comes onto the site much any more but you can read her sway in the "Add your boy sway" forum.
ALL blue swayers should take at minimum 2000 mcg of folic acid and if you've had many miscarriages (more than one in a row or 2 over the span of many years) or are over 35, you may want to take more, up to 4000 mcg.

prayforaboy
October 16th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I am not taking any prenatals ... just folic acid , we are swaying for blue. I will strat prenatl after the BD tonight...

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Pray, DEFINITELY take the prenatals! I got two boys on the Women's One a Day Vitamins (they aren't technically prenatals but have the same levels of nutrients in them that prenatals do) and then got my girl after I stopped taking them!

bec2483
November 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Can some tell me if these vitamin are good for swaying boy I am a ware that the are just multi vitamins http://www.bioglan.com.au/common-needs/womenshealth/women-s-dual-action-multi-50s/women-s-dual-action-multi-50s.html

atomic sagebrush
November 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM
It's a little bit hard for me to say because it has only the mg and not the suggested day's value...I'd have to literally go and look up the proper amounts for every single ingredient in them. Can you find a link that says the % of day's value??

Also, they have ginseng and I do not believe ginseng to be safe when TTC (for DW, it's ok for DH)