PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fish and bread?

Flava
April 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I just can't find the post about bread...I know I read about it somewhere here.
So we eat bread every day or bagel or so on...What would be the best choice to buy?
And I see fish twice / week. What else beside salmon?

Im thinking to ttc maybe 1 more time ( don't know why im so crazy) anyway only in Oct-Nov-Dec-jan. But want to go on diet and all to see if something would help my Ph up ( without the BS because it's the ONLY thing what helped before)

I would be so happy if diet change my Ph too like for others...
Anyway I don't really get this "pick what best works for you" thing. :confused:
How do I know what's works best for me??? I never notice any change in my PH and for sure have no clue if I have higher testosterone lvl and so on.
So really how do we know what is best to take?

3Pink1Blue
April 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
You want whole grain bread, full of nutrients and salt. I hate fish but I do know tuna is also good for ttc boy.
My pH didn't budge till I quit the oj/pineapple juice, I've been drinking blueberry pomegranate and the pH of my ewcm shot to 7+. Change one thing in your diet at a time and see what happens, for me I noticed pH changes in a matter of a few days. I start ACV monday and by Friday my pH dropped, stopped ACV and it went right back up. It may not be that quick for you but thats how I figured out what didn't work.
The gelatin was the biggest testosterone booster for me, within days of starting it I break out (face and back, sexy right).
It's basically all trial and error, gl :luck:

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Anything canned really. All fish are permitted on the FG diet. Dried and salted are best; smoked fish, canned anything(tuna, salmon). You do NOT want any crustaceans(shrimp, crab, lobster) or molluscs(oysters, clams, etc).

Flava- I would focus on salt/potassium in relation to calcium/magnesium. I know IG has beat everyone over the head with the pH but there really are no studies that back that up at all. There are however, several that look at diet choices. I would focus my energy there. Your body is going to keep a pH that it needs to survive period.

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Whotegrain or white with salt is fine.

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Try "Viking Bread" .... When my cousin with 3 girls said she was going to try for a boy I told her about this high protein bread... she added it to every meal and 2 snacks!!!

1 cup each of Barley, Oat, Rye, and Whole Wheat (all in Flour form)
1-1 1/2 cups of water start with 1c and slowly add more you want it to be on the dry side and able to handle it with no extra flour or being sticky. does take while to mix the first cup in.
Do not add salt or sugar to the bread because it makes it better for storing and freezing. Roll dough into 2 inch ball, place dough in-between 2 peices of plastic wrap, and then flatten with a plate until it is about 1/4 of an inch. Place flatten dough on a med-high skillet (cast-iron is best) and cook for about 5-8mins on each side until it looks like store bought pita bread. Freez the bread and take out as needed so it doesn't mold or go bad.

Top and Eat with something from the boy diet!!!

Flava
April 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
3Pink tnx ! Im drinking V8 and V8 fusion tropical orange right now. Din't know we can drink blueberry/pomegranate:think: hmmm...for sure I will try that.
Don't think I start ACV at all I never noticed anything from that drink. Or COT...
I will order some Ural because it's easy to drink , no bad taste .
Also I don't mind to drink the gelatin ( weird huh? ) so have to get some and see what happens.( so if we break out of it it's a good sign?) I want to break out then.:rofl:

NBP Tnx! I was thinking we have to eat fresh fish all the time.:suprise:
Have no clue about dried fish ...have to find somewhere.
You must be right about the PH I just don't want it to be low and I have no idea about mine because the paper stick won't change color. So I ordered a digital one.

PP Tnx for this recipe ! I never baked any bread...You have to mix this with hand? And what size or cast-iron we need? ( I don't have any) Did your cousin got a boy?

Anyway tonight will be fresh fish ( because I already have it) and baked potato and baked bean.
Bush's baked beans are ok? And I love sour cream ok to add some on the potato?

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I mix it by hand because it will be dryer then most bread and will even look like clumps of bread crumbs.... it is just like making corn torillas. Once the dough is rolled into a ball and then flattened it will hold together. I use a 12 inch cast iron (a non-stick skillet will do great) and it will make 1 at a time. You can cut this recipe in 1/2 or even 1/4 to see if you like it. My boys love it with just honey because the bread is a little nutty.

My Cousin is 6mths preg with a boy, confirmed with several US and an amnio!

Flava
April 7th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Ok I will try to make it. Just need to find the time lol. Oh and the 4 different flour . Hope they sell it in walmart or so.Inc. the cast iron ...wow for your cousin!:cheerteam:

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Here's the link to the bread essay (although it is not that great and still half-finished!!) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2305-Basic-Breads-for-pink-and-blue

The healthiest bread you can find, with protein and salt in it, is best for blue. When you have your bread, if you eat something with protein in it, it helps keep your blood sugar in a good place for longer after you eat.

Salmon and tuna are best but avoid shellfish if you can, shellfish has a lot of gross toxins that hurt a blue sway.

The only way to know what works best for you is to try them and see. You can do more than one thing, I just didn't want people to feel like they had to drink ALL the drinks because they would float away if they tried that! I ~personally~ prefer you guys to do fruit juices, black/green tea, ACV, gelatin, and lemon water because I feel that they're safest. Not a big fan of the COT/BSD/Ural due to the high sodium/potassium in them.

Here is an interesting thread about testosterone and it may help to see whether yours is going up or not. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?582-Physical-symptoms-of-high-and-low-testosterone-in-women

Here is one that is more about the personality aspects of testosterone (they are not what you might think) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1211-What-does-it-really-MEAN-to-have-high-(or-low)-testosterone-Scientifically

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 02:21 PM
1 cup each of Barley, Oat, Rye, and Whole Wheat (all in Flour form)
Ok I did not find this in the store here, so where can I go?

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
AS tnx!
I read the bread post but look like the list of breads is for ttc girl?Anyway my problem is we love the Italian sandwich bread from Publix.lol and don't like any of the square bread ...but looks like I have to find 1 of those...

Right now I only drink: green tea , V8 , V fusion , club soda , water with lemon juice, plum juice , taking some sups..not all yet and no BSD or COT or ACV or Ural , because I don't ttc just yet.
Try to eat the boy diet the best I can remember what we can and what not...but I eat every day banana, tomato,and some nuts, dates, dry apricot ,dry plum.
the hard part is what to cook? I have 4 kids and they don't really like potato. Some mash potato yes but I have to mix it with milk and butter.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM
That's because most breads are fine for TTC blue as long as they are not enriched with calcium or low sodium.

Nuts, banana, potato, dry fruit, you are doing great! The more protein, the better, so if you can sneak in some protein at every meal and snack, it will help.

Here's a link to a recipe thread - not as detailed as I would like but there are a lot of sandwich-type meals that kids really like that are boy-friendly. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1397-recipes-and-meal-suggestions-for-TTC-Blue

Flava
April 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks a lot !

Flava
April 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Ok I find this (http://www.earthgrains.com/Bread.aspx?v=wholeWheat) bread today at walmart. Some info about eco-grain (http://www.earthgrains.com/TheEcoGrainDifference.aspx) I did not buy it because of eco-grain...

vitamin A 0% C 0% calcium 0% iron 4 % thiamin 4% niacin 8% folic acid 4 %

Sooo is this good for us?:think:

Flava
April 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Oh also I read the label on the nuts and pecan was lowest on calcium. just want to add.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM
It also has quite a bit of sodium which is great! Yes, I think that's awesome and I will add that to the bread essay. Thanks!!