PDA

View Full Version : Exercise - What will you be doing

Pearl327
January 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Now that I have hit the 2nd Trimester and Christmas is over I am starting to up the anti on the exercise. So far I have just been going for walks (maybe 2 or 3 per week) But tonight I am starting water aerobics and on Mondays my prenatal yoga class will start and I will start doing some stretches in the evenings too.

I did both with DD and I don't know if they would have helped for delivery since I had an emergency C-section but I didn't really get any pains or swelling during the pregnancy.

What do you ladies do for exercise during pregnancy ?

Mum23boys
January 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Honestly .................... NOTHING - Not a sausage - I am sooooooooooooooooooo LAZY - Exercise is a swear word to me - Most exercise I get is going to the fridge to get a snack. Luckily im fairly slim but very untoned !!!

NearlyDone
January 9th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Other than the regular running around after my 5 i dont excercise...i walk to school and back if that counts lol

minimatron
January 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I've been sitting on the exercise bike and doing 30 minute light ride. I also stand in my kitchen and do squats calf raises, dips and push ups. I do 20 each times 10. I didn't do much with my girls and ended up huge. I just hope that I can prevent being massive...although, round about now...its not looking too good :-)

Pearl327
January 10th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Well I had a fantastic nights sleep last night (Didn't wake up to pee at all) and I feel like I am buzzing with energy this morning after my water aerobics last night. It was just a regular water aerobics class, the prenatal one in my area which is run by a womens physiotherapist is only for women after 20 weeks. So I will start that one at the end of Feb.

It is nice to know that someone else is doing a bit of exercise Mini. I was feeling like a bit of a fitness freak there. Which I am definitely not but at the same time I couldn't spend the next 6 months not doing any exercise especially since I have a desk job 4 days a week.

minimatron
January 10th, 2013, 04:32 AM
I feel better doing something.... I'm not an exercise junkie by any means though. I hope I have the motivation to keep it up. O lost 16 kgs after dd3 and put a fair bit on since the he diet.. today I'm so tired so I'm only doing a light ride for half an hour, although I did a bit of running around at the park today.

Pearl327
January 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Wow mini that is some weight loss. Fair play to you. I am sure you haven't gained as much as you think. I really feel like I am huge these days for the amount of weeks pregnant. I weighted myself the other day and I was surprised that I have only gained 7lb so far. And I have been putting the HE diet to shame the amount I have been eating

Atsaukina1
January 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
i really wanted to be in shape this time around but this 1st trimester is kicking my butt hoping 2nd one i will feel better and get energy

Pearl327
January 10th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Atsaukina I wasn't doing anything more then the occasional walk in the 1st trimester so don't be too hard on yourself. There is a reason we are so tired in the 1st

minimatron
January 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I agree... this first trimester business is very tiring. Hopefully once my energy levels pick up I might up the anti on the bike. I'm really only doing very light exercise because personally I'd rather use my time to sleep. I think my issue about how I feel weight wise is what I have been eating. It didn't help yesterday eating loads of junk at my mums:-) I'm trying to eat healthy, especially since its summer and there's plenty of great fruit and veg around, but I just cave some days... so I figure if I can do a bit of exercise that it will be OK.

cvd
January 11th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I'm not doing anything for exercise. I was doing a "bootcamp" 6 days a week prior to my sway, I loved it. I stopped for my sway and once pregnant I didn't want to start and maybe hurt the pregnancy. I wish I just continued :( I will be starting bootcamp again as soon as I recover.

sosapop
January 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I completely stopped exercising while I was trying to sway, but as soon as I heard I was preggos I hit the gym again! I went back to running and now that I am 19 wks, I sometime get winded so I just walk. I try to listen to my body! With both of my boys I worked out till the end. I still lift weights, but nothing too heavy and I may make it to the gym 3 times a week vs. 6... I'm also going start-up prenatal yoga this week.

Pearl327
January 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I started my prenatal yoga last night. We took it slow because it was the first class she did since Christmas but still got some good stretching in.