PDA

View Full Version : First scan worries

Girlsway
January 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I have the first scan booked (6wks + 5) on Friday but what if the outcome is heartbreaking? Were some of you scared to go for your first scan? Obviously I am hoping for the best, the MS is in a full swing now, I am extremely tired and sore bbs indicate everything is fine, but one never knows.

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Odds are everything is totally fine! It's normal to worry but I am sure that all is well.

rainbowflower
January 9th, 2013, 02:03 PM
oh yes, I've been petrified at EVERY scan. Even before I had a MC I was scared of scans and that just made it worse. I think it's totally normal to be scared when you want something so much.
it's important to remember that MMCs aren't common, though. Generally if something is wrong you'll already have had signs of that

Wanting-a-girl
January 9th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I have also been over paranoid this pregnancy and I've only known for a week now! I am going to try and get an early ultrasound so I can maybe relax a bit after seeing a beating heart

Girlsway
January 11th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks girls for the support, it did help me a lot and I actually didn't feel that anxious. The baby seems fine with an appropriate size and heartbeat for 6wks+5 so we are very pleased. The technician said it lays more to the left side of the uterus (a girl sign?) but he said he didn't believe into Ramzis theory. I am releaved everything is okay so far!