PDA

View Full Version : IVF/PGD in Europe?

castch
January 10th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Hello there

I am living in Switzerland and wondering if there is a closer country than the USA where I could do IVF/PGD to get a finally a Girl :pinksperm: after two lovely boys.

Does anybody know a clinic, doctor or could even give recommendation? :trips:

In advance thank you for your support.

Cath

Dana-Alicia
January 10th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Hiya Cath! Yes, PGD is available in Europe in Prague (**** and ********, they don't do PGD for family balancing openly, but if you discuss it with them in private they will let you choose the embryo) and Cyprus (use Savvas in South Cyprus, not the one up North!) Good luck, hope you get your little girl!

lisvna
January 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I can recommend dr Savvas Koundouros from the Genesis clinic in South Cyprus. I know many girls came back pregnant and I just gave birth to our IVF/PGD boy. We want to go back for a girl. Good luck!

castch
January 10th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Thank you for the info.
What are the approx. costs for IVF/PGD? How Long will it take and how often do you have to travel there?

Swiss
January 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Castch,
I'm from Switzerland too and have also two little boys. Initially we wanted to go to **** in Prague but are hesitating due to the fact that although the clinic is doing PGD, Gender Selection is not fully compliant with the country's law. We therefore assume that the clinic doesn't perform as many PGD cases as a clinic does in a country where you can address the issue openly. Furthermore, their testing method is only FISH. Cyprus is no option for us as well. We are therefore thinking about the Middle East (we have to travel with both kids and my husband can only manage to be away from business for 2 weeks so we can't organize California at the moment). Good to read that I'm not the only one in Switzerland considering Gender Selection :-)

lisvna
January 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Why isn't south Cyprus not an option? I would never recommend north Cyrus but south Cyprus is oke to go!

Swiss
January 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
During our search for a clinic we also contacted Genesis in South Cyprus and have not been satisfied with the answers to our questions. Choosing a clinic is a very personal choice. Unfortunately, in Europe there is hardly any choice....

castch
January 10th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Hi Swiss
Nice to hear that there is a mom in Switzerland too ;-)...
I am now following a threat at Gender Selection Guide (http://www.in-gender.com) "An die deutschen Mädels hier. Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof". It is in German and some of them have pritty Good experience with the ****. I contacted **** today and would like to try it this spring/summer...

Swiss
January 10th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Know the threat too...If I'm up to date than there is only one woman who cycled there. The other ones have only plans to go there. Wish you luck! May I ask you how old you are?

castch
January 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
38 and you?

Swiss
January 11th, 2013, 12:46 AM
37 on Sunday :-) We'll try a clinic in Dubai. Going there end of February.

Claire33
January 11th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Swiss, are you aware of the fact that they are not allowed to freeze embryos in Dubai? In other words, if you have extra embryos they will be thrown away. This is the reason why I chose not to go to Dubai.

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Swiss, are you aware of the fact that they are not allowed to freeze embryos in Dubai? In other words, if you have extra embryos they will be thrown away. This is the reason why I chose not to go to Dubai.

Yes. Should never cycle somewhere like that. At 37, you are likely looking at more than one try and that may include a FET. I can't imagine going through all this and then throwing "extras" of your DG in the trash.

It's also going to pressure people to put back too many embryos which can also prove to be disastrous. There are better options.

Swiss
January 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, I'm aware of this factor and have decided to give it a try. I doubt that I will have various embryos of a good quality of the desired gender. I weight the fact that they (besides FISH) offer Microarray as a testing method with test on day 5 and transfer on the same day higher. It's a difficult choice if you need to find a clinic not as far as the U.S....
@nuthinbutpink: what better options are you thinking about?

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM
If you choose to test on day 5 and your embryos are not at blast stage, they will not be able to wait to test on day 6 because it will be too late to transfer and they cannot freeze. The cycle will be a total waste. If you choose to go that route, I would test on day 3 for sure.

So many of us get pregnant via FETs but if you are fine risking it, that's your choice!

lisvna
January 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
How many hours flight is Dubai from Germany? I'm from the Netherlands.

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
What if you end up with 3 XX. Are you okay transferring potentials triplets with a first cycle? Just lots of issues to consider.

Swiss
January 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM
@nuthbutpink
Good point reg. day 3 testing, thank you. Yes, it could be, in a very lucky case, that I will end up with 3 XX of good quality (and I won't implant 3 I guess) but the whole IVF/PGD journey is full of unknown factors you have to deal with..I learnt from this forum that PGD is kind of an art and experience as well as an up-to-date technology is key. PGD has hardly any history in Europe and therefore the clinics can't be as experienced as in other parts of the world..

castch
January 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM
May I ask you what are the costs for the whole treatment and which clinic and doctor you are considering?

castch
January 14th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Swiss, Check The homepage of ****. PGD is legal and only GS is Not 100% official....

Swiss
January 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Hello Castch
Yes I know - I wrote in my first reply to your threath that PGD is legal in the Czech Republic but GS is not...I will follow up on you reg. treatment costs in Dubai asap (have been away over the wknd)....

Swiss
January 14th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Treatment cost in Dubai (Fakih) are as follows (+/- the same as ****, although travel expenses are higher going to Dubai, of course)
IVF/ICSI + PGD (5 probe FISH) + Embryo Transfer: ca. USD 7671
IVF/ICSI + PGD (Microarray) + Embryo Transfer: ca. USD 10343
There are several clinic options. We contacted Fakih IVF and the newly openend branch of Bourn Hall clinic

castch
January 17th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Thank you Swiss for The info...
Are you not afraid of the long flight after the teansfer?
I am already worried of The flight from Prag to CH....

miki9
January 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Castch,

Are you going to ****??

castch
January 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Yes I am considering to go there this Spring/Summer...

miki9
January 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I'm going first week of February to freeze the sperm of my husband and then in March aprox. if I have succes with the embryos, I will go alone to Prague for the transference.

Swiss
January 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
No, the flight is not something I'm worried about...but in the meantime there have been changing in our plans...I went to my Gyn last week and told her openly about our project. She immediately offered to support me but recommended (if the U.S. is not an option) to find a clinic in Europe. So **** is again on my radar as well as another clinic we are in contact with.

miki9
January 25th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Swiss,

Is important that your Gyn knows about your project. My Gyn helps me a lot .:happy:

Tringa
January 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Hi, I am from Finland. We are going to genesis in April. We have two sons and are trying now for a girl. Has anyone been there? Where did you stayed?

letibe77
January 25th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hi castch,

I'm also from Germany and are planing to go to ****.
Currently I'm waiting for my blood test results. Then we will see how it's going on.

emmake
February 21st, 2013, 03:02 PM
hi all, does anyone know what the differences are between **** and ********? They are both CZ but I wonder whether one is better than another one for pdg? Thx

lisvna
February 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Ik denk dat niemand je dat kan vertellen ben ik bang......ik ben ook benieuwd.....

emmake
February 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Ik denk dat ik het zelf zou moeten ondervinden…-) ben benieuwd naar de reacties van meisjes die naar **** zullen gaan of er al geweest zijn. :-)

lisvna
February 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Ik weet dus alleen van die ene die had een no transfer......1 gaat binnenkort met donor eitjes dus dat is toch ook weer anders.....en nog 1met haar eigen eitjes als ik het goed heb. Op betaalde gedeelte hebben ze cycle stickies. Dus ik hou ze in de gaten!

babygirlplz
March 4th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Anybody have any experience with Gennet.cz??
Just looking around...and was wondering.

I do not know if they would GS (in private) as other clinics in cz will..or so it is said..
I am also affraid about GS..what if you go through with it and they won't cooperate..

lisvna
March 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Never heard of them. Do they offer genderselection openly? I don't think so because its illegal there.....you can ask them if you can transfer the embryos you choose. Of they do then you can go ahead. But what if you have only the opposite gender what do you say to them?

babygirlplz
March 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM
As I said just looking around...for places that are close enough and to see if there are possibilities or not.

lisvna
March 6th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I understand. I'm curious too because CZ is less far the Cyprus.

emmake
March 12th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I have heard about Gennet, there were some BFP there but as a result of IVF only and not PGD.

lisvna
March 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
PGD is an whole different game i think....

monpetit
April 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hi livsna, you want to go to Genesis? I'm very interesting to make pgd in Europe and my favourite center now is that

lisvna
April 12th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Hi I went in April last year to Genesis and got pregnant with our son (second attempt) and he was born in November. In June we will go again for a girl.

In the member section you can read cycles from people who went. Lately there are many bfns but I'm still optimistic. I got pregnant and many others too!

Where are you from?

annec
April 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM
hi, i am new here and also facing the dilemma to be in a country where it is illegal and having to travel far in order to have a girl.
where in the middle east would you go and have you spoken to people who have been successful there? also, does anyone have prices to these European clinics and are the standards as advanced as in the USA?
sorry for so many questions...it has taken me many years to even consider another child. i have two teenaged sons from a previous marrage and am 36 - hoping to use my own eggs and although i wouldnt start this year, i would hope to find a solution before i am 40. thanks

lisvna
April 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
You can cycle in Jordan too in Farah hospital. There is in the member section a cycle sticker form someone who went recently. Good luck!

annec
April 25th, 2013, 03:07 AM
hi, i would be very interested to hear how it goes at genesis. have you already been?

lisvna
April 25th, 2013, 03:40 AM
See my Signature ;) i went and on my second attempt I got prgenAnt with our boy. In June we go again for a girl!

annec
April 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
please send me a private message if you return successful. i am very interested in the procedure and results of this clinic. also, how old are you?

lisvna
April 29th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I Will have a cycle stickie in the member section and I will post also in the Dutch section too. I'm 35 almost 36.

malaga13
August 20th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I am from Switzerland and have 2 lovely boys and now am atempting for a baby girl. I heard about genesis in Cyprus. somebody can recommend savvas? Or have some advise? I am new in this forum and did not figured out yet how it reaeally works...

malaga13
August 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Hello Lisvana, I saw you have some posts and experience with savvas... maybe you could help me?

lisvna
August 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Ofcourse I want to help you! There is an other lady from Switserland too her name is petitepuce and she is thinking about going to ******** clinic in Prague.

What do you want to know about Genesis?

Savvas does have spermsort and he test with fish. He test 5 chromosomes. In the US (dr Potter HRC) tests all 24 chromosomes with a different technique. They don't have spermsort. The succes rates are much more higher in the US but its also more expensive. That's the reason I went to Genesis because then I can go a few times. I got pregnant on my second attempt with our boy(at that time we had just one child) so I transfered also boys. This time I will only transfer girls because it will be our last baby.

I think dr Savvas is a great doctor who is really caring for his patients. The succes rates are lower so you probably need 2 or 3 cycles to get pregnant but I know also a few one hit wonders.

If money and travel is no issue then I would go to the US because of the testing method and succes rates.

In ******** and **** clinic they don't perform genderselection openly but you can choose which embryo you want to transfer. Both clinics use fish. We have not money people who have cycled at **** but the succes rates as far as I can see from this forum are not very high. I know a few people form an other forum who got pregnant at ******** clinic with the desired gender.

You have also in Jordan in Farah clinic of dr kilani he also use fish. Not many people go there but I heard he is a good doctor.

If you are an paying member then you can find all the info you want. You can also follow people who right now cycling at the different clinics I told you about.

Petitepuce
August 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Malaga, where do you live in Switzerland?

babythree
August 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM
Hi All,
I am also from switzerland and was wondering if there is any local gyn who could help wih scans. It would be great if anyone can share the experience. We are in a big dilema where to go.
Many thanks for your reply.

Petitepuce
August 22nd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Babythree, from where are you in Switzerland? French, German or Italian part?

annec
August 27th, 2013, 02:56 AM
I am from Switzerland and have 2 lovely boys and now am atempting for a baby girl. I heard about genesis in Cyprus. somebody can recommend savvas? Or have some advise? I am new in this forum and did not figured out yet how it reaeally works...

hi, i am also in CH. i was open with my GYN about what i was going to do (leaving out the GS) and she agreed - albeit reluctantly - to do the follow up.
i imagine though, that for the monitoring i will need to go to the CHUV....although i will most likely be doing most of the monitoring directly with HRC.

Carry
November 15th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Bonjour
Je suis Belge, j'espère qu'il y a des personnes francophones ici ?
Je cherche une solution ( DPI ) pour avoir une fille après mes 3 garçons
Que me conseillez-vous ? ( je n'ai pas un gros budget )
J'ai prix des renseignement chez ******** mais la dame m'a dit qu'ils ne font pas....
Merci de votre aide

nuthinbutpink
November 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Un cycle usa coûter 15.000 dollars en moyenne. Genesis à Chypre est beaucoup moins cher.

nuthinbutpink
November 15th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Quel âge avez-vous?

Carry
November 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Merci. J'ai envoyé un mail à Genesis j'attends la réponse
J'ai 32 ans

nuthinbutpink
November 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Genesis est moins cher mais les taux auccess ne sont pas aussi bon que les États-Unis. La plupart des gens ont besoin de plus d'une tentative là. Pouvez-vous rendre au TGE États-Unis?

emmake
November 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Carry, tu peux esseyer Farah hospital à Jordanie (+/- 4000 EUR)

Carry
November 15th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Genesis est moins cher mais les taux auccess ne sont pas aussi bon que les États-Unis. La plupart des gens ont besoin de plus d'une tentative là. Pouvez-vous rendre au TGE États-Unis?

C'est quoi TGE ?
Les USA c'est trop cher pour moi, j'ai entendu 15.000€ + le voyage. on peut dire 20.000€ je n'ai pas ça malheureusement

Carry
November 15th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Carry, tu peux esseyer Farah hospital à Jordanie (+/- 4000 EUR)

J'ai fais un mail là aussi
J'espère que j'aurais une réponse
Tu as été là-bas Emmake ?

Carry
November 15th, 2013, 04:17 PM
J'ai encore une question, est-ce que dans ces cliniques on parle Français ? ou je vais devoir prendre qqn avec moi qui parle Anglais ?
Merci

Carry
November 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Est-ce que vous connaissez la clinique Layous en jordanie ?

emmake
November 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Non, je n'ai pas encore été à Farah hospital mais j'ai lu quelques bons exeriences sur cet hôpital.Je connais pas Layous. Si tu considère Jordanie, il faut vraiment aller à Farah. Le problème est que tu devez dans la plupart des cas être capable de parler anglais. En termes de paiement, tu ne serais pas en mesure de trouver une clinique décent pour moins de 5000 euro, c'est vraiment un minimum. Aux Etats-Unis, il y a de meilleures chances, mais les prix seraient environ 10000 euros hors vols, hôtels, ets.

Carry
November 17th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Layyous ils m'ont répondu entre 3000 et 3500
Le soucis est que ni moi ni mon mari ne parlons Anglais....
ma mère oui mais je me vois mal payé un voyage en plus

Carry
November 17th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Tu vas le faire bientôt toi emmake ?

Carry
November 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Deleted

Mrsshaw
April 7th, 2015, 06:13 PM
I can recommend dr Savvas Koundouros from the Genesis clinic in South Cyprus. I know many girls came back pregnant and I just gave birth to our IVF/PGD boy. We want to go back for a girl. Good luck!

Hi I hope you don't mind me contacting you ? I'm unsure whether to go with **** or r ? Where did you concieve your girl ?

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Hi I hope you don't mind me contacting you ? I'm unsure whether to go with **** or ******** ? Where did you concieve your girl ?

If you become a member you can find a lot of info on Clinic R. We don't have any using **** at the moment and Genesis has poor results and costs more than clinic R. All in the Dream Member section.

lisvna
April 8th, 2015, 02:53 PM
I agree with NBP. At the moment I would recommend clinic R above Genesis or clinic C.

Mrsshaw
April 9th, 2015, 12:05 PM
How do I search for clinic r? I've just joined as a member? Thank you so much x

mic
August 11th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I agree with NBP. At the moment I would recommend clinic R above Genesis or clinic C.

Lisvna, I hope you don't mind me asking. I am torn between genesis and ****, but the clinic R -is that the one you would recommend now? I can't find any information on this clinic, do you know why? I have to make up my mind quickly, hope you can help me :)

Amara
September 25th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Hi Livsna,
Congrats on your girl.
I am also looking into second genderselection try.

Do you have any idea what clinic in Cyprus will have the Best succes rates on genderselection ?
So far I am thinking:
1. Team Miracle / Cyprus IVFCentre
2. Genesis ( but heard it is not legal in South Cyprus) ?
- And do they do Microsort?
3. Bahceci in Farmagusta

Would anyone happen to know how much your succesrates are increased if you choose a good clinic that provide both Microsort + PGD or a good clinic that only choose PGD?

BR
Amara

Amara
September 25th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Hi all,
I just saw you wrote about Clinic R- What is the whole name? And is it in the Czech Republic?
What are their success rates?

Would you recommend them above the Cyprus clinics?

What is they do not do sperm sort? Then your chances decreases?

Hope you can help me and hope for all the advice I can get?

BR
A

Momof3boy
September 25th, 2016, 01:23 PM
If you become a member you can find a lot of info on Clinic R. We don't have any using **** at the moment and Genesis has poor results and costs more than clinic R. All in the Dream Member section.

Sorry, can you tell me where it is in the dream member section? I am also looking into Europe options. I know a Danish girl tried in Prague and got a babies however it was not a girl as they promised it was another boy....

nuthinbutpink
September 25th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Clinic R is not really an option anymore. They stopped giving out gender. I know one person was able to get it recently but it is very difficult and not a guarantee.

Genesis, **** are options.

Charly123
April 5th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Hai, is possible to answer me? Im from Holland. Im looking for a pgd clinics also for a girl. I hope you can help me. Thank you. X charly

Charly123
April 6th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Hai, ik kom uit Nederland. Ik wil graag met je in contact komen. Mvg charly