PDA

View Full Version : I have such a long time to wait!!

rainbowflower
January 10th, 2013, 05:23 AM
we need at least a 3yr age gap this time and DS2 is only just 3 months.
So broody already!! I love having babies... and my next one will probably be my last so in some ways it's good that I have to wait for it :(

thehappypixi
January 10th, 2013, 06:48 AM
It will come round faster than you think! I was uber broody after Lou was born, it was the same with JP, it does diminish slightly with time. But obviously, it's still there now.
We thought originally we would aim for a much bigger gap, but the gap plan has got smaller and smaller, the more we thought about it, the more we talked ourselves into doing it sooner! Especially if you just plan to have one more, it makes sense to me to not have too big a gap between number three and it's siblings ;D

Wanting-a-girl
January 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I know the two years I waited for Ezra to turn two went pretty fast but I went really back and fourth on wanting to ttc ...

rainbowflower
January 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
you're right it probably will go fast especially once I get back to work.

I honestly can't remember a time when I've not been broody, even loved babies when I was young so wonder if this feeling will ever go away. Maybe after the menopause lol

thehappypixi
January 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Haha I was sooooo not into kids, even said I'd never have any at one point! It was almost like I woke up one day in my mid 20's and a switch had been turned on, I needed to reproduce! I'm at the total other end of the scale now, I'd have a whole litter, love attachment parenting and want to spend every minute with my little people.

Wanting-a-girl
January 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I never wanted kids either but then I got pregnant at 15 and here I am going onto number 4! Can't get enough of babies now! I hope the three years don't drag on for you

Princess of Pink
January 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I have wondered when I would feel done and if it would ever happen and I think I am almost there. I have no desire to have more than 6...just one more for me and I am done!

auroara78
January 10th, 2013, 09:34 PM
rainbowflower, I was super broody after I had Lillian, and had a racing mind when I could try again for a 4th, worried that I was addicted to pregnancy, and everything else...I had to take some time away from here to just enjoy the 3 kids I had and to get away from pregnancy for a little bit. Now things have settled down, and the idea of waiting 2-3 years (prob. closer to 3 years now) makes me happy to have something to look forward to in the future, and I'm just going to enjoy the anticipaction. I love this new sub forum...I can come here now!

HopefulMonster
January 11th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Honestly I felt so similar, especially as my DH's boss got his girlfriend of 7 months pregnant and ALL you ever heard was her complaining about how much she hated it, how disgusting her bump was, how much PAIN she was in (at 7 weeks LOL), how much she couldn't wait till she had the baby so she could fit back into her clothes & get her life back & go out and get drunk & "not have to stress and worry anymore"... all the while I would have loved to be pregnant!! Well now my LO is 2 and my attempt is 6 months away! Still feels like absolutely forever but it's come around really fast, will do for you as well.

Kittybear
January 12th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I loved my pregnancy with my son who's now 7 months old (he was a good boy even then bless him!). I have TERRIBLE bump envy, there seem to be pg ladies everywhere! ;)
i feel pretty equal parts excited to be pg and have a new baby again, but on the other hand I'm nervous of having another boy (and my dream of being a mummy to a girl is pretty much ended), and how I will love another baby as much as I love my little blue bear regardless of gender... I'm sure I'll muddle through though, whatever happens. X

I Love Ladybugs
January 13th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Our gap was decided on my YDS lack of weight gain and size...so Oct. 2012 was the first attempt for baby 2013, cut that ended in m/c. Waiting to try made me so impatient, so I have to laugh at myself why we are not going for it right now!! The few extra lbs that I accumulated during the loss....means that I need to let these go before the next round.

fairyfrog
January 13th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I have wondered when I would feel done and if it would ever happen and I think I am almost there. I have no desire to have more than 6...just one more for me and I am done!

I wouldn't mind having twin girls to bring me to 7, but this will definitely be my last pregnancy.

PeonyPrincess
January 13th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Hi Rainbowflower! How exciting that you are already thinking of #3, even though it is a little way off yet. I have no doubt it will be here before you know it. How are you finding things with your 2 beautiful boys?

I found having my boys quite close together too crazy busy and overwhelming for me and still feel like DS2 as a baby is a blur. So for a long while we weren't going to have a third. The 5 year gap seems to be perfect for me as the boys will be at full-time school in a few weeks and Sasha will be 11 weeks. I have loved that there is no jealousy with the big age difference and how the boys are so self sufficient. I am looking forward to having time to do all the things I managed with DS1.

I won't be part of this group in a few years as we are well and truly done now, but all the best to everyone. You all sound like lovely ladies whose children are lucky to have you.

Princess of Pink
January 13th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't mind having twin girls to bring me to 7, but this will definitely be my last pregnancy.

I am really scared of this!! Even twin boys would terrify me to be honest. I just want one last baby to love and spoil, two would be a massive handful as I work full-time and don't plan on stopping in the near future! But I would just have to suck it up if it happened, and odds are higher now that I am 35, maybe even 36 depending how many months it takes to get a BFP. I would love them to bits though!

rainbowflower
January 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hi Rainbowflower! How exciting that you are already thinking of #3, even though it is a little way off yet. I have no doubt it will be here before you know it. How are you finding things with your 2 beautiful boys?

I found having my boys quite close together too crazy busy and overwhelming for me and still feel like DS2 as a baby is a blur. So for a long while we weren't going to have a third. The 5 year gap seems to be perfect for me as the boys will be at full-time school in a few weeks and Sasha will be 11 weeks. I have loved that there is no jealousy with the big age difference and how the boys are so self sufficient. I am looking forward to having time to do all the things I managed with DS1.

I won't be part of this group in a few years as we are well and truly done now, but all the best to everyone. You all sound like lovely ladies whose children are lucky to have you.
so far it's not too bad having two - I was actually expecting it to be harder! DS1 is in the terrible twos now which doesn't help, but I feel I can cope (most of the time!)

sounds like the gap will enable you to have plenty of quality time with Sasha, too :)

auroara78
January 14th, 2013, 07:38 AM
having experienced both a 3 + yr age gap and a close age gap (only 16 mos between DS2 and DD) when I go back for my final and 4th, it's definitely going to be closer to the 3 year side...I just found it so much more enjoyable! I don't much care for two in diapers, and they both have a very annoying tendency to when one gets upset, the other starts crying too, hehe.

Rainbow baby
January 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Aww them pregnancy hormones get to all of you ladies to, every time I give birth I have this urge to get pregnant again and fast, it passes about 8 months after birth but it is so strong isn't it! It is like I walk into a shopping center and have to look and turn my head to see all the other babies when usually I don't. Weird. Congrats on your little guy by the way!!

rainbowflower
January 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
having experienced both a 3 + yr age gap and a close age gap (only 16 mos between DS2 and DD) when I go back for my final and 4th, it's definitely going to be closer to the 3 year side...I just found it so much more enjoyable! I don't much care for two in diapers, and they both have a very annoying tendency to when one gets upset, the other starts crying too, hehe.
there's definitely going to be a 4th? how exciting! you'll sway again?
lol we get that now and again - when DS1 cries DS2 gets upset.. but not very often :)

SpottyBear
January 14th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hi all :happy:

Oh yaay there is somewhere for me to hang out :-)

As with all above i was SO broody after DD then a year later it went and I could actually even imagine being ok with being finished at some point! Something i always worried about as I love babies so much I could never imagine being ok that it was over.

Well Im back now to worrying about that! And whilst I am also back to being broody again (just very recently which is why I find myself back on here!) I am again liking knowing I have a 3rd baby to come and worrying about how bad it will be when I dont have another baby to come!!

Im a worrier can you tell!!

I've also worried about age gaps etc etc but the bigger age gap this time suited us well and I *think we will try for our last (gulp!) baby in the summer.

I also realize I am very lucky to have gotten my DG as I know I would be a total mess about ttc for a last time otherwise so I dont mean to be insensitive to others.

And again whilst knowing I am lucky I am being very cheeky and would love to sway for another DD as a sister..

And just to be very greedy I would love twins!!!

rainbowflower
January 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hi all :happy:

Oh yaay there is somewhere for me to hang out :-)

As with all above i was SO broody after DD then a year later it went and I could actually even imagine being ok with being finished at some point! Something i always worried about as I love babies so much I could never imagine being ok that it was over.

Well Im back now to worrying about that! And whilst I am also back to being broody again (just very recently which is why I find myself back on here!) I am again liking knowing I have a 3rd baby to come and worrying about how bad it will be when I dont have another baby to come!!

Im a worrier can you tell!!

I've also worried about age gaps etc etc but the bigger age gap this time suited us well and I *think we will try for our last (gulp!) baby in the summer.

I also realize I am very lucky to have gotten my DG as I know I would be a total mess about ttc for a last time otherwise so I dont mean to be insensitive to others.

And again whilst knowing I am lucky I am being very cheeky and would love to sway for another DD as a sister..

And just to be very greedy I would love twins!!!
well, there's nothing wrong with that! I know had my sway worked I'd be wanting another girl too

HopefulMonster
January 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
I can't wait for june so I can ttc, I just wish the stupid diet was easier, I am so bad at it I've always been naturally scrawny so I can eat whatever I like, I'm really not used to monitoring my intake of anything (and I've just come out of extended breastfeeding a toddler so I was eating TONS and I'm just hungry all the time now)

I'm looking to have a 3 year age gap. I'm so bad I've already started looking at maternity clothes on ebay!!!

inshaallahxx
February 20th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I know how you feel and I only have a 5 month wait. I'm so anxious to ttc to see if my sway plan works. I told my self after my DS1 that I wouldn't have any more kids. Then DS2 came and I said the same thing....NO MORE. But here I am wanting two more kids and praying so hard that one of them will be a girl. Preferably my third baby. All I can think about is having a little girl. I think once I get pregnant my GD will be a little less because the baby in my stomach is already there.
We had planned to wait till Oct. to ttc but I keep moving the date up.