PDA

View Full Version : Bakingsoda test

Tiggerian
January 10th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I heard this one from a friend yesterday and when testing it on our friends we found it to be 80% accurate (please note, our test wasn't particularly scientific!)

What you need is to be over 12 weeks gestation and pee in a cup! Then put a teaspon of bicarbonate of soda in the cup - if it fizzes, sizzles or bubbles it's a boy, if nothing happens it's a girl!

(i've no clue how it's suppose to work though!)

Lassie1982
January 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
I was going to try this, but never got round to it.
One of my colleagues at work did it 4 times.
Once a week.
She had 2 girl results and 2 boy results.
Her baby ended up being a girl.
From what I have read it measuring the ph in your urine, which is only altered by what you eat/drink, hence the fact that you can get different results on different days.
The tests you can buy online work on the same principle, and out if hundreds of reviews online the overall accuracy rate is at 50% so I've chalked this one down to chance, it's just as likely to be wrong as it is to be right.
As long as anyone doing it doesn't get their hopes up, or down, based on the result its harmless fun :)

rainbowflower
January 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM
it was wrong for DS2!

hotdogz&boyz
January 10th, 2013, 03:28 PM
With my second I did it once, it gave a boy result and he was a boy.

With my third I did it twice. One boy result and one girl result. It is a girl.

I agree it's a glorified PH test. I wouldn't trust it's "results."

jark22
January 12th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I only heard about this with this pregnancy. I did it a few times between 11 and 16 weeks- and always got a girl result. But we are having another boy

Wanting-a-girl
March 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
This is a ph test.... I did it a few times this preg and I could sway the results depending on what I ate/drank ;)

Northern_Shutterbug
March 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I did it last week and it was girl. Not going to try again.

motherofboys
April 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I've had mixed results with this too.
Getting mixed results with most things LOL

6bluewant1pink
April 16th, 2013, 04:43 PM
the first time i did it , yesterday afternoon fizz then i used FMU today it did not fizz, then did it this afternoon it did nothing. I do not believe in this test lol.