PDA

View Full Version : Nausea for the first time - does that mean different gender to first two pregnancies?

weeziewoozles
January 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Ok so I'm about 9 weeks and feeling mildly nauseous most of the time. This is really annoying for two reasons. One is the obvious that it's horrid feeling sick. The other is that I had zero sickness with DS1 or DS2 so the nausea is making me secretly hope it's a girl this time but I don't want to raise my hopes. So I thought I'd vent on here instead! :)

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
No, it doesn't mean that, I'm sorry. I've seen a thousand people obsess over nausea or lack thereof and there just doesn't seem to be any connection with gender. Scientifically, the only connection with nausea and baby gender is that people pg with girls have something like a 3% higher rate of hyperemesis (a very severe form of morning sickness).

I had very mild morning sickness with my DD compared to 3 of my 4 boys. One of my boys I barely had it at all. No rhyme or reason to it whatsoever.

weeziewoozles
January 10th, 2013, 09:06 AM
No, it doesn't mean that, I'm sorry. I've seen a thousand people obsess over nausea or lack thereof and there just doesn't seem to be any connection with gender. Scientifically, the only connection with nausea and baby gender is that people pg with girls have something like a 3% higher rate of hyperemesis (a very severe form of morning sickness).

I had very mild morning sickness with my DD compared to 3 of my 4 boys. One of my boys I barely had it at all. No rhyme or reason to it whatsoever.

I thought you'd say that - thank you! I'll just have to put up with it eh? :)

mrsclemo
January 10th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Same with me....had mild sickness with three previous boys, this time had it all day long-hideous!! Was hoping i maybe pink this time??? Time will tell. Good luck with your pregnancy :fx: it's a girl xx

Tiggerian
January 10th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Nah it doesn't. I had hyperemesis gravidarum first time, no nauseas whatsoever second time and nausea and throwing up until week 16 third time. I had DD, DS, DS. =)

WantingPink
January 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Weezie I have had nausea with all my PG. I find that ginger capsules (get it from a place that sells "real" herbal medicine, not the grocery store) with ginger root (not any extract) work really well for nausea. I lived on them with DS2 and it really did help a lot. With this baby eating a low carb diet has worked wonders. I have not thrown up once and have only had to take 2 ginger capsules which is another miracle for me. GL with your nausea... it will get better:)

Wanting-a-girl
January 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I didn't have morning sickness with my three boys that I have this pregnancy is so far lots of morning sickness! Ewww hate it! Time will tell I suppose

Mrs_P
January 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
i had ms progressively getting worse with all three of my pregnancies until this one and this time i barely had any, sickness was worst with ds3

Lassie1982
January 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
No it's didn't mean it for me.
I had zero ms with DS1, and with current pregnancy I had it really bad till about 14 weeks

Atsaukina1
January 10th, 2013, 10:30 PM
had some nausea w/ my g/b but only threw up 3x and that was w/ one of the boys. sorry but could be a girl either way:)

babygirl
January 10th, 2013, 10:42 PM
pregnancy sickness is thought to be due to the sharp rise in HCG and estrogen. Some women tolerate it better than others.
Every pregnancy is different and so are the amount of hormones that are produced each time. If you were to be carrying a girl, it would probably be more conincidence than anything gender specific.
I think this is possible as i have thrown up just before ovulation before when the estrogen is at its peak, and another reason why i don't tolerate BCp's containing estrogen
(Not an exact science but a possibility)

Mbmk
January 10th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Yep no real link in it. I had m/s with all 4 of mine - worst with DS1, mild with DS2, in the middle with DD and somewhere between the 3 with this one....

NearlyDone
January 11th, 2013, 06:34 AM
1st girl bad nausea and sickness 2nd girl sickness 3rd girl none(thought she was a boy but nope)

Mum23boys
January 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
HAS MEANT NOTHING FOR ME with my first 3 as had varying amounts will all 3 and they are all boys - this time was severly worse at 4-6 weeks but then it was twins. Sadly snce 1 twin died ive felt better so i think only when its multiples would i looka t it being worse but certainly not based on gender. Ill keep my fingers crossed you have your DD in there though

my4leafclover
January 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I'm glad I found this. I was worried because my MS hasn't really kicked in. I started getting a little but now nothing. I had MS with all 3 of my boys. From 8 weeks with my 1st ds, 7 weeks with #2 and 6.5 weeks with #3 and all stopped at 14 weeks like clockwork. I am over 8 wks now. Maybe I have a better handle on my blood sugar. I don't buy into the HCG and MS correlation because the HCG rises slower when most people start to get their morning sickness. I just hope all is well in there. I am getting nervous about miscarriage. ugh.