PDA

View Full Version : any all girl mamas eat things like... popcorn, fries, or chips...

Coccinelle33
April 6th, 2011, 05:39 PM
or did you ever eat out... fast food or non but out??? or did all of you just not eat anything at all salty?

3Pink1Blue
April 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I rarely ate out, maybe 5-6 times a year but when I did I did get fries, I love fries but hardly ever ate them. Popcorn maybe once a month and chips was a few times a year. I did use salt just not a ton. GL and please take all my pink dust :bigsmile:

begonia
April 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I actually ate a large amount of salt (I would salt tortilla chips one at a time instead of just salting the basket at Mexican restaurants!) and a high percentage of my meals were dining out; lunch every day, and dinner out about 5 times a week due to the nature of my job at the time. That said, I was running anywhere from 40-60 miles a week outdoors and sweating a TON, so I think much of the salt I consumed just replenished what I lost. I craved salt. I think had I not been exercising so much my salt intake would definitely have been more than was necessary for my body. Once I quit running so much I found my salt cravings disappeared.

I very, very rarely ate fast food. I'd go so far as to say maybe 1 time in an entire year? Never ate it as a child so I guess I just never got the habit or taste for it.

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I definitely watched what I ate and stopped eating the french fries if I did eat out at a fast food place for a few years. I ate/still eat a ton of homemade buttered and salted popcorn. But, overall diet, little sodium/fat/calories.

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I don't like popcorn, can't stand potato in any form, chips maybe once a year.
Now I'm eating chips and potatoes on daily basishttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sick009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I definitely watched what I ate and stopped eating the french fries if I did eat out at a fast food place for a few years. I ate/still eat a ton of homemade buttered and salted popcorn. But, overall diet, little sodium/fat/calories.

Same for me!

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I was on a health food kick, no salt or fast food.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I really think that plain airpopped popcorn should be ok for a girl diet.

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I have a dd and I do not like popcorn, never eat it. I do like potato chips and french fries and I always got fries if I was eating fast food. But I will say that given the choice, I would prefer sugary things over salty. I definitely ate salty things but it was not a major part of my diet.

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I eated whatever whenever. I love salty food and for sure fries! But also joghurt and everything else.
and you see 4 girls...

maidentomother
December 4th, 2013, 09:54 PM
My half sister with 2 girls never eats fast food and has a very low fat diet, except for maybe some nuts in moderation. But then my friend with 3 boys has a nearly identical diet! In the latter case I suspect the MDH is a major factor as her diet & rabid cardio is very much classic girl sway.

A good friend & neighbour has 1 boy and 3 girls and eats quite a bit of food, really more of a boy diet in terms of appetite and overall calories, plus mild-moderate exercise, but I have noticed she goes for dessert more than chips or fries. She doesn't like red meat very much and eats only white bread/refined grains, and she smoked between all her pregnancies.

There does seem to be a trend amongst my friends/family overall, in which girl moms have more of a sweet tooth and boy moms are more savoury-oriented.

Mumof3girls
December 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
I have 3 girls and love popcorn and salty chips. We eat out at least once or twice a week and I always have fried chips with my meals. When I was swaying I had so much salt and meat and I still ended up with my third girl. DH and I are both meat lovers and have meat everyday. (we eat beef, pork, chicken, lamb and fish)

maria02
December 5th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Not popcorn, but lots of sweets/ chocolate with my DD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)