PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question...

glory
April 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM
But do they ever sort the sperm first to give better chances of the desired sex? Is it an 'optional extra' or the two are never done at the same time?

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Some clinics so use Ericcson or their own proprietary sorting technique. I would have to trust their stats to see if it actually makes a difference. MS did seem to make a real difference but it is not available now.

lisvna
April 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
microsort is availble in June in cyprus I heard......

dr Savvas told me that they do also spermsorting but it is an innovation of the genesis clinic in Cyprus.....so I dont't know what that is excactly....maybe someone overhere has experience with this technique???

nuthinbutpink
April 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Is it Microsort or a sperm sorting system of their own? I didn't think MS was available elsewhere other than Mexico?

glory
April 8th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I found on another post that where we are going washes the sperm and then spins it, just to help it out a little bit!

lisvna
April 9th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Dr Savvas wrote me this:"The semen of your husband will be processed accordingly to skew spermatozoa according to the x or y bearing chromosome. This technique increases the prevalence of an xx or xy embryo resulting by approximatly 90%.

Then I asked him if it was microsort or an other technique and then he wrote me this:"the method of sperm sorting we use is an innovation of the clinic wich will be published shortly in major impact factor journals. Please let me inform you that microsort approach make use of the Hoechst 33342 dye and direc t exposure of spermatozoa to ultra violet radiation. Both are well known mutagenic agents. In the context of this information the FDA in USA has disallowed recently the implementation of this methodology. With regards to other methods such as the Ericsson albumin approach or Sephadex filtration or discontinuous density centrifugations all have produced ambiguous results between different researchers. Frankly I have tried them all and are simply unrieliable.

So is this something really new? Did someone on this forum used his method? And wat was your experience?

Persuing Lacey
April 9th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Glory, what your clinic is doing is nothing related to microsort at all. Plan B had this done to her hubbies sperm and I recall her saying it did not make any difference in boy/girl ratio which stayed at 50/50.