PDA

View Full Version : Turners Syndrome?

Laurie
January 10th, 2013, 06:15 PM
During my first 2 cycles , 3 of my embryos tested positive for turners syndrome. During my third cycle it was not mentioned(different clinic). I am trying to conceive a girl, just wondering is this going to always make it hard for me to have healthy girl embryos for future cycles.

Carole
January 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
During my first 2 cycles , 3 of my embryos tested positive for turners syndrome. During my third cycle it was not mentioned(different clinic). I am trying to conceive a girl, just wondering is this going to always make it hard for me to have healthy girl embryos for future cycles.

Dear Laurie,
I think it could be problematic, but I am not an expert on genetic issues. Please ask your doctor to refer you to a genetic counselor if they can't answer your question directly. Good Luck! Carole

Rainbow baby
January 10th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I don't know the answer I agree with pp! I would make sure the new clinic knew about the previous testing and that you have/want testing for it. In saying that after 3 embryo's testing positive and it having a genetic link. I would feel so much better going high tech if not for a daughter but just for the exclusion of a Turner's baby, not that there is anything wrong with a baby with Turners I am 100% sure they are perfect in there own way and 110% lovable but it sure would make your and baby's life 90% easier! Personally I can see how it may have implications I mean it would use an egg that could otherwise have a 50/50 chance of being a healthy girl. Good luck for healthy girl results xox

nuthinbutpink
January 10th, 2013, 07:19 PM
With FISH, it's not as accurate and the other X could be hiding under the one that was seen.

Tiggerian
January 14th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Having had a daughter with turner syndrome the fact that you've had three embryos test positive for it concerns me. It suggests that there may be a genetic link from either you or your partner. But it doesn't necessarily mean you cannot have a healthy daughter, but it's important that you make your clinic aware of it and you could consider contacting a geneticist to see if there is a link in your family that means you are more likely than the average couple to conceive a daughter with turner syndrome.