PDA

View Full Version : nicoler TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt - it's a BOY!

nicoler
January 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM
TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Boy
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy, 2 1/2 years
Number of Months TTC
6-9
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Followed LE to a tee for a solid 6-7 months. No meat, no snacking and ate 2 meals per day. Started the day with a small cup of coffee (with aspartame sweetener) to keep me going and would eat my first meal at 2pm. Dinner would be eaten at about 8 pm. There was usually about 18 hours between my last meal of the day and my first meal of the following day. Lunch was typically some variation of half of a white, low sodium bagel with unsalted butter / rice cake. Dinner was often some sort of wrap with iceberg lettuce, peeled cucumber, and mushrooms. Candy, marshmallows, sugary garbage food etc. was added to up my calories.

My daily calorie intake was about 1200 calories. Fat and protein intake was usually under or around 25 grams. Sodium was never over 800 mg.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
I strictly followed the LE diet for 7 months before getting pregnant.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
-
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I had 1 drink per day
Any Diet Details?
-
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I'm petite to begin with so didn't have much to lose. I started the diet at 102 lbs and got pregnant at a weight of 92 lbs. My BMI was 16.5. The weight was lost over a 7 month period and I was probably just holding steady, rather than losing, by the time I got pregnant. The change to my body was incredible - I lost so much muscle mass and was pretty much a walking skeleton.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
No exercise.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
-
Any VG potions used? RePhresh
Sylk

CM pH at attempt
-
DH pH
-
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
Rephresh was used at O-2 and O-1.

Sylk was used as a lubricant for self insemination (see below).
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
DH self released 3 times a day for a good 3 weeks prior to attempt. By the time attempt day came, he was so worn out he couldn't even get it up anymore to dtd. Was finally able to produce into a cup on his own and I shallowly self inseminated about half of his ejaculate. I chose to only inseminate with half in an attempt to keep the number of sperm fairly low.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid
Antihistamine

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Took Vitex and Saw Palmetto religiously for a solid 6 months, but could not get pregnant. I decided to drop both on my 7th month of attempting and that was when I got pregnant.

Drank a mug of peppermint tea nightly.

Took a Reactine (same as Zyrtec) once a day for O-2. O-1, and O day.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Already owned an air purifier with a negative ion generator, so turned it on "high" and put it next to my bed while I slept at night. I don't put much stock into ions, so really only added this component as I already owned the equipment!
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
-
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
I felt great about the length of time I was on the diet and the fact that I was so strict. By the time I got pregnant, I found it hard to even start eating again. Also, I did all of my sway research for a solid 4 months prior to actually attempting. I think this was key in keeping my stress low as I was bored of reading about swaying and already had all the info I needed before I even began the diet. I made an effort to stay away from this site and obsessing over every little thing about everyone else's sway and what I should or shouldn't do. I felt it important to know my stuff and then just take a step back - it worked I was feeling very calm, laid back, and stress-free the month I got pregnant.

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I would have liked to get pregnant while on Vitex, not the month after stopping it. However, we had many great attempts on the 6 months I was on Vitex and it just seemed to be preventing me from conceiving.
Things worth mentioning:
It was important for me to do everything I could to feel great about my sway, so that if I found out I was having a boy I wouldn't regret anything. I know I did everything I possibly could and while I believe that swaying might tilt the odds somewhat, it is by no means any sort of reliable way to get your DG. After finding out I was expecting a little boy, I was slightly disappointed, but as time has passed I have actually become truly excited about the idea of DS1 having a little brother. If we do ever have a third (and final!) child, I will strongly consider going the HT route for a girl. After swaying so hard and failing, I just don't think I could put much faith into trying it again. I'm glad I gave it a shot though. My new little guy was just meant to be and I can't wait to meet him <3

cvd
January 10th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Great sway nicoler. Sorry you didn't hear girl! I know exactly how you feel. But our little guy has stole our heart too. Congrats to you, hope all is well.

Southern Butterfly
January 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Congrats!! You are going to love watching your boys grow up together and develop an amazing brotherly bond:highfive:

hotdogz&boyz
January 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM
What a fantastic sway. You can certainly have no regrets about it. Brothers are truly lovely and I wish you all the best :)

The Anchor
January 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Wow, that looks like an AWESOME sway...Congrats on your SONS!

starbright
January 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
That sounds like an amazing sway. I have two sons, I felt sure ds2 was a girl and was so shocked when I found out but they have such a great time together now (they are 8 and 4) that I am so happy he was a boy. Although they do wear me out lol! Congrats and good luck X

Pink10
January 11th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Wow, at least you can have no regrets about your sway! It is great having two boys - mine adore each other, their bond is amazing. You will love having two boys despite longing for a girl for you. Congratulations on your boy xx

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Such a beautiful sway, I think you did a phenominal job and sometimes the cards just don't fall our way. Wishing you the very best of luck - being a mom of brothers is awesome! Good luck in future.

PolishPrincess
January 11th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I agree with AS! I don't want to be insensitive to how you may be feeling but being a mom of boys has been absolutely nothing I expected and just the best thing in the world. Your son is so blessed to have a brother it is an amazing bond to watch and nurture! Congrats Momma!!!

nicoler
January 11th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful, supportive comments!! With how much I put into my sway, I think I actually surprised myself at how little GD I actually had after finding out about sweet DS2. I'm not going to lie, I did have a solid day or so of being sad and tearful but reading a lot of the comments here from moms of multiple boys made me really happy and excited to give DS1 the chance of a brotherly bond. I look forward to seeing what the future holds as my boys grow up together. Love you all :kiss:

lime
January 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Wow!! That is the perfect sway! There are never any guarantees. Even if you get your dg, there are still no guarantees that she will be the "daughter of your dreams". Brothers is very special and you will love being a mom to two boys. Once the baby is born, you won't want it any other way. Most brothers have a special bond, too.

By the way, congratulations! Wishing you an easy labour of a healthy baby boy and a quick recovery.

True Blue
January 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Fantastic sway well done!!
Congrats on your DS :)