PDA

View Full Version : Girl Diet help

boymom
April 7th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Hi, I am formulating my ttc girl plan, hoping to start in about 9 weeks. I think I am going to go with the lo-calorie girl diet and do a 3 day cut-off to start with and then 0+12 (if I can work it out) and see how that goes, but I do believe that the diet is going to be crucial. I have had a look around this site, and the info is fantastic, I was wondering if anyone who has done this diet would be able to help me a little bit. I was hoping that someone could give me like a sample day of what they ate and when? I am kind of struggling to get my head around a day of eating. Thank you so much.

boymom
April 7th, 2011, 03:01 AM
BTW, I forgot to add that my normal diet tends to be a typical BOY diet, well lots of salt anyway. I don't think that I have high testosterone, have not checked but I do not fit into the category at all, my husband might though. I will still be trying to lower it though.

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
You may find this link helpful:happy:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?761-diet-suggestions-for-TTC-Pink

swish
April 7th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I haven't started the diet but can tell you what I plan to eat!
No breakfast for as long as possible. If I crumble (as I'm not used to this!!) I will have rice pops with rice milk.
Lunch - either iceberg lettuce salad with any allowed bits (courgettes peeled, apples etc) maybe a bit of low sodium cheese or chicken occasionally
Dinner - rice or pasta with any of allowed veg or maybe a bit of chicken
Snacks - apple, yogurt with allowed berries
drinks - evian, low sugar cranberry juice, maybe crystal light
I'm going to try and grill but if not I plan on using corn oil.
hope this helps - it looks a bit depressing!!!! :luck:

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 07:51 AM
In reading the FG diet, if you cook your vegetables by boiling them, most of the nutrients are cooked out and remain in the water. You can add some of the veggies listed there in if you cook them that way.

swish
April 7th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Oh, that is a great tip!

boymom
April 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks girls for your help:)
Yes swish I think it is going to be hard to stick to this diet:)

I have seen people mention the list of foods that we are allowed on the diet but I can't seem to find it anywhere, I feel like I am trying to absorb so much information that I am probably just missing it, do you know where I can read it?

Thanks Again, I am starting to feel relaxed and happy with deciding on my attempt, I plan on starting the diet in about 2 weeks.

Also at this stage I have decided not to take any extra supplements like calcium or magnesium etc, probably mostly because I am nervous about taking something and it reacting somehow or that I won't track the amount in the food I am eating and end up consuming too much of one mineral, I worry alot.lol What do you think about that or do you think it is a necessary part of the sway, especially because I am not going to do anything like TBM, just the cut off and the 0+12

Glittergirl
April 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM
If you can, definitely get your folic acid too! I feel like especially with the lack of nutrients in girl sway we have to be sure to take a folic acid supplement.

boymom
April 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks glittergirl. Are you swaying now?

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM

I have seen people mention the list of foods that we are allowed on the diet but I can't seem to find it anywhere, I feel like I am trying to absorb so much information that I am probably just missing it, do you know where I can read it?

Thanks Again, I am starting to feel relaxed and happy with deciding on my attempt, I plan on starting the diet in about 2 weeks.

Also at this stage I have decided not to take any extra supplements like calcium or magnesium etc, probably mostly because I am nervous about taking something and it reacting somehow or that I won't track the amount in the food I am eating and end up consuming too much of one mineral, I worry alot.lol What do you think about that or do you think it is a necessary part of the sway, especially because I am not going to do anything like TBM, just the cut off and the 0+12

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?761-diet-suggestions-for-TTC-Pink

boymom
April 8th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks nuthinbutpink:)

swish
April 8th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm also wondering about taking the supplements, especially calcium - Aaah! Too many decisions!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
In reading the FG diet, if you cook your vegetables by boiling them, most of the nutrients are cooked out and remain in the water. You can add some of the veggies listed there in if you cook them that way.

Great idea thank you!!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:42 PM

Here is the list I made of a suggested diet. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?761-diet-suggestions-for-TTC-Pink

But this is just suggestions. Rather than focusing on "bad" and "good" foods, I think it's better to go off the guidelines of "low everything", low protein, fat, calories, nutrients, sodium, and keeping blood sugar levels low.

I~personally~don't believe in the French Diet (please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?610-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL&highlight=calcium+conundrum if you want to know why that is). I think it sways but not because of magic foods or mineral ratios. So if I had my sway to do over again, I would NOT take the calcium, magnesium, or Vit. D. But, a lot of people really believe in it very strongly and there are a couple studies that seem to support some aspect of the diet does sway.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If you can, definitely get your folic acid too! I feel like especially with the lack of nutrients in girl sway we have to be sure to take a folic acid supplement.

Yes definitely! EVeryone needs to take their folic acid!

Glittergirl
April 8th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks glittergirl. Are you swaying now?
Yeah, AF finally came today so I'm going to try again. Last months attempt was so-so and I ended up w/a 5 day cutoff since O was late! Going for BD everyday, 3-day cutoff, then O+12! Good luck!!!!

boymom
April 9th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks girls. I feel better now about deciding not to take extra supps, other than folic acid.

Glittergirl, good luck with your sway, it looks as though we are doing a similar sway...I hope it works for both of us, although I am ok with an opposite, I just want no regrets for not trying iykwim.

I think I have pretty much decided on:
a very lo-cal diet, basically eating as little as I can without starving myself. as little salt as I can. and start with a big cut-off and 0+12 and see how I go:)

boymom
April 9th, 2011, 06:35 AM
oh yeh, and also try to conceive in a girl month