PDA

View Full Version : Should I do Shettles, O+12, or what!!!

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I was planning to use O+12, because of ingender, but I am now having second thoughts after being here and seeing peoples post. I am afraid that if we wait to long the egg will be gone.

Does hubby holding for 5-7 days work good for a girl sway?
Are the over all odds better if he holds it for 13-16 days?
Should we BD the day of O or just after?
Or is there better odds if we BD 2-3 days before?
Should we BD everyday, just once, or BD a few days before O and then once after (3-4 days of hubby abstaining)?
I am also wondering if abstaining is one of the most important parts of a sway. What % would it be out of 100?

Didn't sleep much last night and wante to get the opinion of several people. I only get one more baby so I want to make the sway as best as possible.

DoulaMama
April 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm wondering the same thing! We get one last chance at a girl...and out of all the swaying factors I'm most scared about timing. My boys were O day babies...but I ate a very boy friendly diet and was high in Ph....sigh. I can't wait to read what others post:)

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I am so confused becuase DS1 was conceived a few days before my MS cycle started... Maybe Dr Jonas was right about o with the moon (same as time of birth) because that is when he was conceived but DS2 was conceived right around CD15-17 which is matching my current o time. It would be cool if I o mre then once a mth just to increase the preg odds.

Emmy2012
April 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I am so where you at right now! This is my very last chance for a girl so I want to get it right. I am going with an abstain for 14 days, my last failed sway we did frequent through O so I am avoiding that. I am still torn however on cut-off or O+12. I am temping 5 times a day right now to see if I can pinpoint O this month so that will help determine what I do next month. I am thinking of abstain then 2-3 day cut-off (maybe tbm) then have DH release 2-3 times a day and try an O+12 if I can pinpoint. Of course this plan sometimes changes when I read something! LOL

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I am crazy but I keep thinking of having hubby give about 100 samples and storing them and have him spin them at work and collect all the possible girl sperm!!! Why does he have to work at a waste water treatment plant!

Flava
April 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I just want to say that Shettles didn't worked for us for ttc boy .Also the same with MSU on O with 4 days holding for DH .
Have no clue about O+12 but really I don't think any1 can know for sure when is exactly 12 hour after O...and if You do it to late we don't get pregnant right?

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I just want to say that Shettles didn't worked for us for ttc boy .Also the same with MSU on O with 4 days holding for DH .
Have no clue about O+12 but really I don't think any1 can know for sure when is exactly 12 hour after O...and if You do it to late we don't get pregnant right?

Everyone differs on the getting preg after ov but I think I agree that it is harder to get preg after O..... even if the egg meets sperm it still has to implant and it may either attach really low or not at all.

I am not sure but I am thinking of either....
5 days before O, if not preg the next cycle 4 days before O, if still not preg the next cycle 3 days before O... and if still not preg I will try 8-whatever after O.
Or I may try the 8-whatever after O first and then try the above

boymom
April 7th, 2011, 08:13 PM
All the things I have read over the years about timing have made me nervous to make a decision, but I think I have decided to go with a cut-off, at least 3 days before, probably more like you said though and start with 5 days, but I am also thinking about doing the 0+12, using cm changes as a guide. Oh yeh I am am going to try the frequent bd before cut-off and 0+12

Belle
April 7th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm also in the same boat about our one and only chance for a girl leaning on 0+12 and two weeks abstinence because it's different from our two boys it's great that were here to give each other support and the best of luck to all of us hoping we all get our desired genders.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I was planning to use O+12, because of ingender, but I am now having second thoughts after being here and seeing peoples post. I am afraid that if we wait to long the egg will be gone.

Does hubby holding for 5-7 days work good for a girl sway?
Are the over all odds better if he holds it for 13-16 days?
Should we BD the day of O or just after?
Or is there better odds if we BD 2-3 days before?
Should we BD everyday, just once, or BD a few days before O and then once after (3-4 days of hubby abstaining)?
I am also wondering if abstaining is one of the most important parts of a sway. What % would it be out of 100?

Didn't sleep much last night and wante to get the opinion of several people. I only get one more baby so I want to make the sway as best as possible.

1) 5 days is not long enough. 7 days is ok but could be better.
2)13-16 days is much better.
3)You don't need to BD the day of O if it gives you stress to do it. Very few pregnancies happen after O, most are before (and this is both boys and girls)
4)I think a 2 day cutoff is easy for most people to do and still gives a good chance of pregnancy.
5)That is entirely up to you. I wouldn't have him abstain for the 3-4 days though, I would abstain before and then have him do frequent release twice a day between the first and second attempt. Otherwise his sperm count will be back up again.
6)I don't do percents because I think it gives people false ideas about what swaying really is, but lowering sperm numbers is pretty important. Either have him do frequent release (and I mean every day and twice if he can) or abstain, if at all possible. If that isn't possible, then have him release once and then dump that one and DTD a second time.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I'm wondering the same thing! We get one last chance at a girl...and out of all the swaying factors I'm most scared about timing. My boys were O day babies...but I ate a very boy friendly diet and was high in Ph....sigh. I can't wait to read what others post:)
Do NOT waste a second of stress about timing. It has been studied many times and found to be highly unreliable. If it sways, it's only just a tiny bit and not at all worth the amount of worry and effort people put into it.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I am so confused becuase DS1 was conceived a few days before my MS cycle started... Maybe Dr Jonas was right about o with the moon (same as time of birth) because that is when he was conceived but DS2 was conceived right around CD15-17 which is matching my current o time. It would be cool if I o mre then once a mth just to increase the preg odds.

You do not O more than once a month, that is physically impossible.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I am so where you at right now! This is my very last chance for a girl so I want to get it right. I am going with an abstain for 14 days, my last failed sway we did frequent through O so I am avoiding that. I am still torn however on cut-off or O+12. I am temping 5 times a day right now to see if I can pinpoint O this month so that will help determine what I do next month. I am thinking of abstain then 2-3 day cut-off (maybe tbm) then have DH release 2-3 times a day and try an O+12 if I can pinpoint. Of course this plan sometimes changes when I read something! LOL

If I was swaying and was under 35, I would abstain for 14 days, have my cutoff attempt, then have DH do frequent release 2 times a day and then do O+12. Great plan!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I am crazy but I keep thinking of having hubby give about 100 samples and storing them and have him spin them at work and collect all the possible girl sperm!!! Why does he have to work at a waste water treatment plant!

I know you're just kidding but spinning sperm doesn't work very well at all. Even at the Ericcson centers they are getting way too many opposites.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM

I totally agree Flava. There are probably millions of Shettles opposites walking around out there and O+12 is so hard to figure out!!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Everyone differs on the getting preg after ov but I think I agree that it is harder to get preg after O..... even if the egg meets sperm it still has to implant and it may either attach really low or not at all.

I am not sure but I am thinking of either....
5 days before O, if not preg the next cycle 4 days before O, if still not preg the next cycle 3 days before O... and if still not preg I will try 8-whatever after O.
Or I may try the 8-whatever after O first and then try the above

Only 5-7% of all pregnancies are believed to happen after ovulation (and I'm not even talking about 12 hours after, I'm talking from BD at any point after ovulation) The whole female reproductive tract is designed to keep sperm alive and waiting for the egg. Most pregnancies are from DTD 2 and 1 day before ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
All the things I have read over the years about timing have made me nervous to make a decision, but I think I have decided to go with a cut-off, at least 3 days before, probably more like you said though and start with 5 days, but I am also thinking about doing the 0+12, using cm changes as a guide. Oh yeh I am am going to try the frequent bd before cut-off and 0+12

5 days is a REALLY long cutoff and it is very unlikely you will get pg that way. It can happen but it is very unlikely. I prefer people get pg quickly if they can because the diet is so hard to stick to in the long term.

Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm also in the same boat about our one and only chance for a girl leaning on 0+12 and two weeks abstinence because it's different from our two boys it's great that were here to give each other support and the best of luck to all of us hoping we all get our desired genders.

Good luck! I wish I had pink dust to give you LOL!!

Preggypops
April 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Atomic, what do you think of release and dump once in the morning, hot bath for DH with vaginal release afterwards (tmi sorry!) in the evening; doing this for the 5 days leading up to ovulation and on the day of?

It is reassurring to hear you say you place so little importance on timing as I too feel the most stressed about this factor!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 03:39 PM
That's great if he can manage it!!

Out of the Blue
April 8th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Do NOT waste a second of stress about timing. It has been studied many times and found to be highly unreliable. If it sways, it's only just a tiny bit and not at all worth the amount of worry and effort people put into it.

Thank you so much for saying this, atomic. This really takes a lot of stress off of me as up to now, figuring out the timing has been really worrying me.

georgiahill1
February 8th, 2014, 06:11 PM
That's great if he can manage it!!

Hi atomic sagebrush, I am due to ovulate in 5 days (Currently on cycle day 8) how does frequent release twice a day (using condom) husband hot showers every shower and then vaginal release 2 day cut off and use aci jel 2 hours prior to this? Or is this cycle out of the question? PLEASE help me it's my last chance to get a girl. Thank u in advance xo

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Well that would be a pink sway to be sure, very strict and you prob. would not have a good chance of conception.

The most important thing is sticking to one attempt. All the rest of it, the frequency, jellies, etc has been far less effective than the one attempt. So no matter what, keep the one attempt.

georgiahill1
February 9th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Well that would be a pink sway to be sure, very strict and you prob. would not have a good chance of conception.

The most important thing is sticking to one attempt. All the rest of it, the frequency, jellies, etc has been far less effective than the one attempt. So no matter what, keep the one attempt.

Thank u for replying. I feel I should wait for next cycle if not a good chance for conception. I'll continue with supplements and diet for my ph. I will do the one attempt so since we are waiting and doing a cut off do you recommend abstaining and 1 attempt 48-40 hours before ovulation or frequent release with 1 attempt at that same cut off?

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Why?? If you're going to do an equally strict sway next month, I see no point in postponing?? Your odds of conception are not gonna get any better!! :)

If your husband is over 35, don't do abstain. Otherwise do whatever you think he will actually be capable of doing. I am kinda over frequency patterns becasue it's the one attempt that is really working for people.

I do not recommend cutoff, I think you should BD at pos OPK which is still a little bit of a cutoff itself but is a good chance of conception.

georgiahill1
February 9th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Why?? If you're going to do an equally strict sway next month, I see no point in postponing?? Your odds of conception are not gonna get any better!! :)

If your husband is over 35, don't do abstain. Otherwise do whatever you think he will actually be capable of doing. I am kinda over frequency patterns becasue it's the one attempt that is really working for people.

I do not recommend cutoff, I think you should BD at pos OPK which is still a little bit of a cutoff itself but is a good chance of conception.

ok I will try this month it's just we haven't been abstaining or frequent release up until yesterday he is under 35 so not a problem there and have attempt at pos opk using aci jel b4 thanks so much