PDA

View Full Version : I got a +OPK...but unsure

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Ok, I got my 1st :) this morning. When I took the stick out, the line wasn't as dark as the control line. It was a lot darker than compared to last night, so I know we're headed in the right direction. In Dr. Shettles' book, he says to only test one time if you get a +. I'm just not convinced with this one though. Should I go by whatever I get tonight?? I'm confused. :think:

ELP
April 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Do you have ewcm??

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM
No, not much, but I never have much really. I am cramping on my right side and I felt bloated this morning.

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Here are my two tests....I'll test again this evening...

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Negative tonight....I'm confused...

3Pink1Blue
April 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Was this morning's test fmu? You can get a false + with fmu.

JustKim
April 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Was this morning's test fmu? You can get a false + with fmu.

No, I always wait a couple of hours minimum after waking up. This was actually 3 hours after waking up. I took a test this evening earlier than normal because I really needed to pee. :) It came up.negative, but I think it was a false negative because it looked overly saturated if that makes sense. Just retested and it is slightly darker than this morning. Are we risking girl territory if we dtd tonight??

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Kim, I used to have the worst time with opks until I got on a pretty good schedule with them. I'd take one at noon and then 8pm every day, all the way through until they were solidly negative again. Then, I could see how many days of + I would get. You know how people can O anytime from 12-48 hours after the first +? Well, I think when I had 2 days of +tests, that I would O around 24 hours after, but sometimes I would get 4 days of +tests, so I think it was more towards 36 or more hours after the first +. That may be confusing, but I think it helps to chart for a few months and pinpoint when you get those pains and the bloating also. There are some great essays by Atomic about opks and o pain also.

And about the oversaturation, I worried about that one month as I was at a music festival and drinking a ton of water in the sun all day. I Oed late because I had started the supps and swaying, but I didn't know that was going to happen yet, of course. I kept taking the opks (in the port o johns, no less) and all negative, even on day 14. I thought well, maybe I'm drinking so much water that they are diluted. Then, on day 16, even though still drinking lots of water, I got a +, so goes to show that you WILL get a + even if you think you are drinking so much that it is diluting. Just don't take them with FMU like 3PNB said, because you can get a false positive with too much in the concentrated urine.

If I were you, and you are not old like me (35) and not in a huge rush to conceive....this swaying thing is a bit more important to you to get it right here, I would maybe skip dtd this month and keep taking opks and see what is happening with your body. How long have you been on the supps and swaying? Of course, that is just my advice, so you may be determined to give it a shot this month and you should if so! To answer your question, though, I would not dtd IF your cm is creamy, or if you think you O'ed more than 12 hours ago....if you have a sense of pinpointing that other than the opks.

JustKim
April 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM
We did dtd late last night (almost midnight). I have hardly any cm at all, which is normal for me. We are planning on dtd again tonight. If we conceive, and it's a girl, I'm ok with that. What's meant to be will be right?

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
My OPK's looked like that all the time, they never went stronger than the control and I still got smilies. I usually O'ed the morning after. Very good timing, shame about the EWCM, but I think there's a good possibility there could still be enough inside the cervix :) .

JustKim
April 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
We made sure a I had an O prior to BD and hubby said he could definitely tell, so that's good I think. Debating on DTD tonight... thoughts? Obviously it won't be hard to persuade DH into it... :D

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Oh good for you, Kim. Hey, why not go for it? I think timing and frequency is not that big of a sway deal. We dtd 2 nights in a row, the first night of +opk and the next night also.

JustKim
April 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Oh good for you, Kim. Hey, why not go for it? I think timing and frequency is not that big of a sway deal. We dtd 2 nights in a row, the first night of +opk and the next night also.

Well, it worked for you! I'm in... :)

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Well, I got pregnant.....with what remains to be seem! I still say go for it!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Good luck! I would TOTALLY try again - more spermies for the egg right? You can also try Robitussin or Mucinex if you want more EWCM!

believinginblue
April 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Do you know how long after you ovulate, approx, the test goes negative?

TTC5
April 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mine seem to go neg pretty quickly!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Do you know how long after you ovulate, approx, the test goes negative?

This seems to be different for everyone unfortunately. It's best to test a few months if you can so you are aware of your own patterns, but alas sometimes swaying can alter those patterns.

There is also the possibility that you will release more than one egg in which case you'll have a pos. for longer.