PDA

View Full Version : Posts and seeing when someone comments

queen-of-harts
April 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Is there a way we can see when a comment is made on either a original post or post you commented on? I hate having to open up a post to see if anyone commented and what if someone comments on a post that was put up weeks ago,you would not see it.Is there a setting or is this just not available yet?

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
It is there but you have to make it happen by using the Subscribe to this thread option under Advanced settings when you reply. There is a check box that asks if you want to subscribe and then asks of you want email notification too. They show up on your User Profile page like the IG My Posts did. Top right-See Profile? There.

We are making changes right now that you will see shortly and I have asked for MY POSTS to work like it did at IG but it has to be custom programmed to work. I can't just turn it on. So, hopefully we'll be able to make it happen. Until then you can use the Subscribe option. It does work!

queen-of-harts
April 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Awesome! thanks nuthinbutpink!!

sweetsister
October 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
doesnt work for me...?

nuthinbutpink
October 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
If you set Subscriptions to Instant emal or View in your control panel, you should get them. If you didn't get a welcome email it was because I manually activated your account. I tried to send a PM if I did it that way but I may just not had time! I will PM you to make sure you get that notification via email too.

My Posts/thread is available above too.

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Its also worth going into
Settings
Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Choosing: Through my control panel only

Then from now on when a topic is replied to it will by highlighted in the

Quick links
Subscribed threads

I think this is what I did lol!!

zanacal
October 20th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Do you know that posts with new replies have a little blue arrow to the left of the title? If you click on that blue arrow it takes you to your first unread reply.

sweetsister
October 21st, 2011, 03:54 AM
I dont know why mine still isnt working it was set to email instantly already and that didnt work,so ive set it to control panel,will try that?

nuthinbutpink
October 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
I dont know why mine still isnt working it was set to email instantly already and that didnt work,so ive set it to control panel,will try that?

I received 2 replies via email on this thread overnight. The only thing I can think of is that if you are signing out and the DB does not see you "active" on the site, you must return to the site before you receive another automated response- that is a vbulletin rule and not something I set up. My cookies are turned on and it always shows me logged on even when I am off the site. I think that is why I continue to receive them even when I don't actually come back to the site.

The feature is working though and so does the mode you have selected now- to view them within the site under Settings, My Subscriptions. All threads will be listed there for you. My posts up above on the blue line works too.

love being a mummy
October 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM
My email notifications are working.