PDA

View Full Version : Selfish or is there others like me?

Melziesissie
January 13th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Hi All,
Just new to here, loving all the information....I just want to know am i being selfish....I have 4 beautiful boys....I always wanted 4 children...But my 4th was a big surprise only 12 months difference between my 3rd & 4th, and i was planning on try for a girl for my 4th child as i knew we wouldnt have anymore.
I love all my boys so much and wouldnt change a thing now that i have them, and i kept all the gender surprises for the birth so i had no disappointment during being preganant. And not once at the birth i was disappointed but my baby was sitting playing and i had a big 'SIGH' moment...I may never have a little girl...Ive suggested to my husband we 'try' for a girl and he hasnt said no, but not a yes either....But i just want to read up on everything possible i may be able to do....This will be one and only try, or am i being selfish in wanting a little girl?? Has anyone else been in this predicament? Some days i think i have already way to much on my plate with 4 boys will i have time for a 5th, be it a boy or girl?? How does everyone else do it with more than 4 children??
Thanks for reading :)

thehappypixi
January 13th, 2013, 04:23 AM
You already have a lovely big family, what's one more?!
Many of us here have that longing for a child of the opposite gender than we have; I don't think it is selfish, it's fairly natural in my opinion :)
If I have four boys, which I very possibly could do because we've decided on four, I am positive I will still feel a little gap where a daughter should be. I may not get one, but I will know I've tried if I do all the natural swaying techniques I've learned on here :)
Welcome and good luck whatever you decide!

Girlsway
January 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Not selfish at all, I totally understand your desire for a little girl. If you read the posts on this forum most of boys mums think like you. I also dread I won't ever have the mother daughter relationship which i long so much. Good luck with the sway and getting your little princess.

tangiblewishes
January 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I'm not in your shoes as I am pregnant with my 1st. But I think its completely natural with the way you feel. If your DH decides hes on board, whats one more? !

mt9178
January 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Right there with you, I have four boys and long for a little girl. I hope we are not being selfish, but I feel that way too. I don't ever want my boys to feel like I am upset that they were boys and not girls.

fish2012
January 18th, 2013, 05:57 PM
not selfish and very simular to my experience i started looking into swaying when ds1 was 6 months for when i was ready to start ttc, a month later i was preggie with ds2, he was totally unplanned (and a total delight) however i therefore he was destined to be an extra and so i'm preggie with number 3 ;-0

fx it's pink! i'm saying now it's my last but dh has already suggested we could try again!