PDA

View Full Version : Subchorionic Hemorrhage at 6 Weeks, 4 Days. Scared! Anyone???

onthepond
January 13th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Looking for advice or experiences any of you have with this because, as you can imagine, hubby and I are scared. Yesterday afternoon after going the bathroom there was blood when I wiped. Not super red, but red, and enough to make me nervous although it only happened when I wiped. No cramping or back pain, just blood. After calling my dr, she sent me to the ER to get checked out. They did a bunch of tests and when I arrived I used the bathroom there and had a little bit more, but more brownish in color this time, not the red we saw at home and each time I went after that only a little bit of brown, never any more red blood. The dr did a pelvic exam and told me that he saw a little bit of brownish blood and although they never want to see blood, he was happy that it was brown in color and not bright red indicating an active bleed. They drew blood and my levels were exactly where they should be and on the ultrasound we saw our perfect little baby's heart beating away at 126 BPM. Baby was measuring exactly where it should and HB was perfect. They did find a 2.1CM Subchorionic Hemorrhage adjacent to the right side of the gestational sac and sent me home on pelvic rest (no lifting, sex, or exercise) to follow up with my dr in 3 days.

Anyone else go through this and know what to expect? What is going to happen? Odds of miscarriage or anything? They didn't really give us any information and basically just told us it is all up in the air right now. I am trying to be as positive as I can be, but am terrified. I saw our baby's heartbeat...I don't want to lose our baby! They told us everything with the baby is perfect and either that this will resolve on its own or it won't and will cause a miscarriage. Since yesterday (even with the pelvic exam and trasnvag ultrasound) I have only had a tiny, tiny bit of brownish dried blood when I wipe after going to the bathroom, which I am assuming is a good sign. I am only 28, so they said that is in my favor for maternal age. Anything or experiences anyone could share we would so appreciate. Thanks so much!

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2013, 09:35 AM
It happens a lot with the HT gals. You may bleed on and off for several weeks or until the bleed clears. The bigger the embryo gets, the less likely you are to lose the pregnancy. Surprised he gave you a pelvic exam!

It should be just fine.

3blue2013
January 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I actually had one at 17.5 weeks with my current pregnancy. I don't know the size of mine, but it turned to brown spotting like yours. I just had a follow up ultrasound at 22 weeks and it cleared on its own. From my discussions with the dr., the smaller ones tend to mend themselves with no harm to the baby or pregnancy. HTH!

glory
January 13th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I had one this time and had a huge bleed (think a clot the size of your hand) even with that the SCH only halved. I bled continuously (when I wiped but only had 2-3 decent losses) and all is fine.

Just take it easy and you should be fine. It becomes a problem when the bleed detaches the placenta but usually it just RE absorbs.

RedCanoe
January 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I had a large one (3-4 times the size of yours) with DS3. Had gushing red blood, thought I was miscarrying, but same as you, U/S showed baby was fine and that it was a SCH. Bled on and off for weeks, and it was still there at the 20 week scan, when they stopped monitoring me. Had 2 with DD. Also both large. Bled on and off for weeks again, but they were gone by 20 week scan this time. Scary stuff, but most resolve themselves without any complications. Just take it easy and do the pelvic rest until you have had a few weeks with no bleeding.

BZ94
January 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I had one that was discovered at my eight week Ultrasound-never had any spotting. Was told to avoid heavy lifting and sex, and by my 11 week NT scan it had reabsorbed. My Obgyn said they are pretty common and no need to worry...

Esskal
January 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I had it with both of my pregnancies, i went on having normal pregnancies and the babies were ok! I am sure your baby is going to be fine :)

onthepond
January 13th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you all SO MUCH for your support and comments. It means so much and has really helped me to calm down. I call my dr tomorrow to schedule a follow up but still no bleeding since the 1 time red bleed yesterday so that has to be a good thing. I took the day off work tomorrow to just rest and I am hoping that the next ultrasound I get this thing is smaller...or better yet, gone. Seriously scary but I am trying to relax, rest, and drink water the best that I can. Thanks again for sharing your stories!

Rainbow baby
January 13th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I had SH twice, both times I bleed heavy both babies were fine. Stay on the restrictions and relax ;) I found doing things like running around after the toddler was enough to make it annoy it.

onthepond
January 17th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hi Ladies - me again. Back with another question. We went in yesterday for a follow-up and they did another ultrasound. I have not had any red bleeding since the one time on Saturday, just tiny, tiny bits of brown. Baby measured at 7 weeks, 0 days (should have been 7 weeks, 1 day as baby was measuring 6 weeks, 4 days on Saturday) and also the heart rate was 118 yesterday and on Saturday it was 126.

Naturally, I started freaking out but the nurse and radiology tech told me that at 7 weeks, they want the heart rate above 110 and that ours was fine and they both told me the measuing thing doesn't matter at all and that one day off is nothing. Anyone go through any of this with an SCH? I am seriously devastated but trying to stay positive. The dr told me that all they want to see is a heartbeat and the baby is obviously growing which is good but I am still freaking out. Why would the heart rate drop 8 points in 4 days? Is one day behind in measuring a big deal? I thought yesterday would have helped me calm down, but it honestly has made me more stressed. I realize I hadn't eaten in a few hours, etc but it terrifies me. Did any of you experiece this and have things turn out just fine? The dr told me he thinks everything will be just fine but I am still waiting for the read on the size of the SCH today. I would appreciate ANY feedback! Thanks so much!

glory
January 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM
The SCH will not make the baby stop growing so if you are having problems it is a separate issue.

The good news is that you have had no more bleeding and baby is growing. If you hadn't had the other ultrasound then you would if had nothing to compare and all would be good. Everything is so small so I wouldn't worry about a day difference at all, with the HB this can vary and like they said this early that HB was a good one, I actually thought your first one was too high for the age of baby so it does look good, hang in there it is a hard time but if you hadn't had scans you would assume all is good and I think it is.

onthepond
January 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all those who replied to this. We went in today for an 8 week check-up, still scared to death, but baby is measuring perfectly with a heart rate today of 150 - exactly where they like to see it. Our Dr told us everything looked perfect and the 2 SCH's (YES, 2) actually look like they are shrinking. No active blood, she described it more now as a blood blister and expects them to clear up soon. I do get to go back in 2 weeks (10 weeks) for another ultrasound and then again at 12 weeks but Dr thinks everything is just perfect. So scary, so I just appreciate all of your help and thoughts. Thank you!