PDA

View Full Version : How high is your uterus measuring?

Violet_
January 13th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Well, thought I'd post this question. You see, I meant to be coming up to 12 weeks pregnant and when I lay on my back I can feel my uterus 3cms above my pubic bone. It's halfway between my pubic bone and belly button. I think that means I'm measuring more like 15 weeks. As this is my fourth baby, I know what I'm feeling as midwives showed me how to check the height of my uterus at the many appointments I've had with previous babies. I'll bring it up with the midwives when I have an appointment in two weeks time. Just wondering if those that have had or are having multiples have experienced this? I haven't had any ultrasounds as yet. If the midwives think I'm measuring larger then usual at my next appointment I think I'll consent to an ultrasound if they recommend one.

aroundtheworld
January 13th, 2013, 08:04 PM
At 17 weeks and 3 days I was measuring 20 weeks. But I'm having twins, so that makes sense. However, I will add that with my last child, I measured 3-4 weeks ahead for a long time. Eventually it evened itself out.

Wanting-a-girl
January 13th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I was also measuring ahead a few weeks with my last son.... Can't wait for the update tho! Good luck...

WantingPink
January 13th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Let's see a picture of your bump:)

Violet_
January 14th, 2013, 12:14 AM

Sorry, I can't seem to rotate the pic.

WantingPink
January 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Not sure what you looked like pre-pregnancy but you do look like you have quite the cute bump for 11.5 weeks!! Do you feel bigger than you were with your other single PG? Did you use clomid?

Violet_
January 14th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Not really sure. I look pregnant. I was carrying a bit of weight pre pregnancy. Usually any weight I'm carrying on my waist tends to stick out a bit further, kind of looking a little more fat when I'm pregnant. As you can see though, I'm not exceptionally thin, I'm carrying extra weight on my upper arms, bum, thighs etc. So guess I'm in proportion. Everything tends to push up when I'm pregnant, making my upper tummy stick out more. But my uterus isn't that high to account for all that tummy. Probably only measuring up to the base of my navy tshirt. I didn't use clomid but did use vitex. There are also a big number of multiples in my family. But perhaps I'm just hopeful. I guess time will tell?

NearlyDone
January 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mines around half way between my belly button and pubic bone at 17 weeks....i think it was still under my pubic bone at 12 weeks

Violet_
January 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Yes Nearly Done, that's about what I'm measuring. With my other single pregnancies, I wasn't measuring big. I was right on track. At this stage in pregnancy, coming up to 12 weeks, my uterus was just coming up over my pubic bone. I will talk to midwives about it when I go to my next appointment.

Wanting-a-girl
January 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
You do have a nice bump going on :) I would be suspicious that there may be two or three (lol just joking) the two week wait till ur appt is going to be agonizing :s

WantingPink
January 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Two girls would be so fantastic!! You should get an ultrasound!! I know you are a little scared of them however, my DH was telling me that doppler admits more energy/waves than ultrasound. Plus you are 12 weeks now so baby is good and strong. I have always had my first ultrasounds around 10-11 weeks. This time I will be getting one at 10 weeks 3 days. Two would be very exciting and two girls would be so great!!

Violet_
January 14th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah I might try to ring my doctor today and see if I can get him to refer me for an ultrasound. He's hard to get in to see but I'll try.

Violet_
January 15th, 2013, 02:51 AM
So got in to see my doctor this afternoon and he confirmed I am measuring 3-4 weeks ahead. He wants me to adjust my dates to reflect my last menstrual cycle. So that would make me 12 weeks 5 days. But he still said, even with that adjusted I'm measuring more like 16-17 weeks along. So he referred me for an ultrasound and it's booked in for this Thursday 17th Jan at 1pm. So I will update when I find out what is happening.

Justjessica
January 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
That's a fab bump! Good luck with your appointment :)

cvd
January 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry to butt in but just curious where's it supposed to be at 20 weeks?? Lol I just checked, mines at my belly button. I think that's about right if I remember correctly!
Measuring 3-4 weeks ahead they think? Oh wow! Can't wait to hear your update on Thursday!!

Wanting-a-girl
January 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Belly button for 20 weeks cvd

Can't wait for the update!

Atsaukina1
January 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
i don't know my mw always measure and havent had appt. yet i have always measured right on even w/ 10+ lb babes. I never cared to measure myself lol. that is a real bonified bump you got going on though can't wait to hear results:)

Violet_
January 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I've always measured right on for dates with all my boys. This is the first pregnancy that I have measured big and I did have gestational diabetes with DS3 and he was my biggest bub at 8lbs 4.5ozs and I only measured just over pubic bone at 12 weeks. I know some women carry differently but doc seems to think that as I've always measured right on for dates that this pregnancy is different. If I always measured big then that would just be normal for me but I don't so he said he has a background in obstetrics and thinks it could be twins but we will only know by doing an ultrasound at this stage. I'm nervous and excited and scared and trying not to get my hopes up as I could just be one baby. Although I feel 4 months along instead of 3. I know I can't be a month further along as I had a chemical and bled very heavy in Oct (last LMP) so that wasn't a light cycle iygwim. You know how some women get a light period but are in fact pregnant. Wasn't the case for me. So can rule that out. Oh how will I get through the next 1.5 days? Ahhh.

maybeoneday
January 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Good luck for Thursday violet! Will be watching for your post! I have my NT on Thursday as well and with DS2 they offered to tell me the sex at 12 weeks (80% certainty) so may have a best guess on sex as well!!

Really nervous but praying all will be ok with baby as not been the easiest pregnancy so far!

X

Violet_
January 17th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Just one baby and lots of extra fluid. But bub looks like a girl to me. Check out the nub shots I've posted in the gender ultrasound prediction section. Let me know what you think girls.

maybeoneday
January 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Congratulations violet! I had my 12 week ultrasound today as well and measured 12+4 as well!

I have posted in the ultrasound forum as well so please take a guess. X

cvd
January 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Just one baby and lots of extra fluid. But bub looks like a girl to me. Check out the nub shots I've posted in the gender ultrasound prediction section. Let me know what you think girls.
Glad to hear all is well and baby is healthy!

Violet_
January 17th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Your looks girl too hun! How exciting!