PDA

View Full Version : Blue: Diet and mistake foods?

SpicyTunaSushi
April 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

Dh and I have been on the diet for 7 weeks- but we were traveling with family and had to eat some foods (no no-no's), but lots of white bread (I was in Italy). It was a carbfest unfortunately, but I did avoid cheese and wine, sigh.

So my question is- if for example, you ate a food today, how soon would it affect your pH. Does it restart the 6 week diet phase?

My husband has also had to take a few painkillers for really severe sciatica. His pH has been 8- and we will keep an eye on it, but again, does this mean that he has to wait 6 weeks from the last pill?

Thanks! :think:

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
This site has more relaxed approach about swaying which I really like http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?252-No-Fault-Swaying! I feel much better about my swaying efforts, on ig I was living in constant fear, like: oh no, this juice has some sugar in it, it will ruin my pH, my sway is ruined etc.
So I believe it doesn't restart 6 weeks, our bodies are not working that mechanically. I believe you will find this very helpful http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1171-How-to-raise-sperm-count-and-sway-blue!! and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?167-TTC-a-Boy-Best-Practices-Part-2 and this http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2316-Links-to-info-about-food-and-drink!

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Good answer, Z! I totally agree....one little slip isn't going to mess you up....just be sure to recover with a pile of salt and bananas the week after!

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I would not be so concerned about the pH thing. More importantly, worry about the sodium/potassium intake compared to calcium/magnesium intake. There is very little science regarding anything to do with pH and a few great studies with actual stats- the Dutch Study and the FG study that looks specifically at diet and those ratios. Each study had near 80% success with diet alone. White bread is okay for the boy diet- wholegrain is better, but okay I think.

I would look at what you are eating- how and 2.5 solid months of the diet is what I would do before TTC. Just my :twocents:

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
This is what I have on pH for y'all:

"It all began in 1930. A German gynacologist, a Dr. Utergerger, treated cases of infertility by alkalinizing the vagine of his pateints with diluted bicarbonate of soda. He reported, as a result of this treatment that a greater number of boys than girls were bron. He deduced - a little hastily - that alkaline vaginal douches facor boys. It was at the time just a casual observation on his part, relating to only a very small number of births and obviously not based on any statistical calculations. Yet, since then countless women, trusting in this simple statementm have douched themselves with litres of vinegar water or diluted bicarbonate of soda.

Now it should be known that the sperm, which is alkaline in character, possesses a very considerable blocking mechanism - i.e. it is capable of neutralizing an excess of acidity. But it is difficult to see how a mere douche of diluted vinegar could genuinely modify the environment in which the spermatoza are received. Without boubt a douche of concentrated sulphuric acid or caustic soda might succeed, but it is doubtful whether intercourse would still be possible after such a manoeuvre.

We had to wait until 1971, forty years later, when researchers at Yale University in the USA carried out laboratory experiments in order to verify Unterberger's statement. Tehir experimental study did not confirm the influence of the acid or alkaline environment on the survival or even the mobility if the spermatozoa. In 1977 a German, Broer, obtained the same result: according to him there is no correlation between the acidity of the cervical mucus and the proportion of male spermatoza.

This technique, which is of no obvious interest, has nevertheless been in use for a long time. What has happened is quite simply that couples who have seen their attempts crpwned with success have propagated their "recipe", which has even reached us - and we have believed it all! Although there are a great many couples who have made this claim, one must remember that there is more or less a 50 percent chance of having a child of the desired sex, so one couple in two who use this method, of necessity, "succeed". Rumor does the rest."- From the Boy or Girl? Choosing Your Child through you diet(French Gender Book!)

The "Studies" quoted on IG refer to chemical concentrations- not pH specifically...that can mean anything affects the sperm and egg.

Here is some info about pH and the female tract- In mammalian fertilization, the absolute pH of the extracellular environment of the oocyte and developing embryo during its passage from the follicle to the uterus is not currently well established. The pH of human follicular fluid is reported to be 7.2–7.3 (Shalgi et al., 1972; Imoedembe et al., 1993; see also Edwards, 1974, and Fisch et al., 1990, for reviews). However, the pH of oviductal fluid is more alkaline (7.6–7.9; Iritani et al., 1971, Maas et al., 1976, 1977), which suggests that a high pH is required for preimplantation embryo development (Maas et al., 1976, 1984; Ben-Yosef et al., 1996; see also Brackett and Mastroianni, 1974, for review). Interestingly, the pH of the uterus is thought to be more acidic than that of the oviduct (P. Holmes, personal communication). These data suggest that mammalian embryos encounter three diverse environments during the passage from the follicle to the uterus.

If you google pH and Gender- Shettles is what comes up. Shettles took this concept from the above mentioned studies which have never been proven to work.

DIET is the number one priority and specifically, sodium/potassium to calcium/magnesium and depending on which gender you want- you MUST stick to it to succeed!!

SpicyTunaSushi
April 8th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks! My ph unfortunately hovers at 5-6, but I am going to just continue doing what I am doing, and go for it! I would rather have another baby than wait for the perfect ph.

We are doing well on the sodium/potassium to calcium/magnesium ratios- I just find the magnesium difficult- most healthful foods have magnesium- including wholemeal, which is why I chose to eat white bread- with no milk in it. Basically our diet consists of meat (bacon, beef, pork, eggwhites), potatoes, tomatoes, dates, sweet potatoes, fruit like bananas, pears, and apples, pineapple juice, etc, and to be honest, I feel great on this diet. Less sugar has definitely been great for me. I am on the thin side, but I do try to eat a lot!

So, since I new to this site- there is no 'goal' ph like IG? As long as I am eating a good ratio of K/Na to Mg/Ca?

Chunksta
April 8th, 2011, 05:19 AM
this might be a really silly question but could you maybe put preseed in small amounts during the day?? will you body absorb the higher PH balance from that and slowly change??
or do the BS fingers a few times a day?? will that slowly change the levels????

Zivic-Bubac
April 8th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I know some ig swayers were doing bsf 3 times a day week before O. I did that and I obviously had irritation - some fresh blood every time after bsf. So I guess that was too much FOR ME. When I was doing it only once an hour before bd, I was OK, so I will do it like that this attempt.

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 08:42 AM
From what I remember, the bs is a temporary change, but a lot of women did the finger for a week before their attempt. I only did it an hour before, because like ZB, it irritated me and made so much wateryness that I didn't want to mask my own ewcm leading up to O. I don't know about the preseed issue, Chunksta, but I guess it is the same thing.

Personally, I just tried to really up my salt and potassium intake, and I did eat a ton of meat, which lowers ph, but mine stayed in the 6 range. I was more interested in changing the minerals in my body and my testosterone. And then I used bsf and preseed right before my attempt, so there was that temporary ph change down there, just long enough to last while the fire was in the hole, so to speak.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hi all,

Dh and I have been on the diet for 7 weeks- but we were traveling with family and had to eat some foods (no no-no's), but lots of white bread (I was in Italy). It was a carbfest unfortunately, but I did avoid cheese and wine, sigh.

So my question is- if for example, you ate a food today, how soon would it affect your pH. Does it restart the 6 week diet phase?

My husband has also had to take a few painkillers for really severe sciatica. His pH has been 8- and we will keep an eye on it, but again, does this mean that he has to wait 6 weeks from the last pill?

Thanks! :think:

You got a lot of GREAT answers here and THANKS so much you guys!

The only thing I would add is that my research (based on 40 years of scientifically based and accepted data) indicates that first and foremost, a high protein, high nutrient, high calorie, high fat, high sodium diet, with frequent eating to keep blood sugar levels steady, seems to sway blue. So if you did those things while in Italy, regardless of what you ate or didn't eat, you WERE swaying blue.

Don't worry about the 6 week diet phase - pH is affected pretty quickly by what you eat. The 6 weeks is more for minerals and testosterone (and if you were eating good while in Italy - by good I mean frequently with lots of protein - you were building some muscle and raising your testosterone. Esp. if you gained a little weight while there.)

If DH's pH is good and you're ready to do your attempt, I would not be deterred by the pain pills.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I would not be so concerned about the pH thing. More importantly, worry about the sodium/potassium intake compared to calcium/magnesium intake. There is very little science regarding anything to do with pH and a few great studies with actual stats- the Dutch Study and the FG study that looks specifically at diet and those ratios. Each study had near 80% success with diet alone. White bread is okay for the boy diet- wholegrain is better, but okay I think.

I would look at what you are eating- how and 2.5 solid months of the diet is what I would do before TTC. Just my :twocents:

Yes, white bread is fine for the blue diet as long as you eat/ate some protein along with it because that keeps your blood glucose levels up for longer. And even if you didn't as long as you ate frequent meals.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks! My ph unfortunately hovers at 5-6, but I am going to just continue doing what I am doing, and go for it! I would rather have another baby than wait for the perfect ph.

We are doing well on the sodium/potassium to calcium/magnesium ratios- I just find the magnesium difficult- most healthful foods have magnesium- including wholemeal, which is why I chose to eat white bread- with no milk in it. Basically our diet consists of meat (bacon, beef, pork, eggwhites), potatoes, tomatoes, dates, sweet potatoes, fruit like bananas, pears, and apples, pineapple juice, etc, and to be honest, I feel great on this diet. Less sugar has definitely been great for me. I am on the thin side, but I do try to eat a lot!

So, since I new to this site- there is no 'goal' ph like IG? As long as I am eating a good ratio of K/Na to Mg/Ca?

The goal is, high protein, high nutrient, high calorie, high fat, high sodium, with a little weight gain and even blood sugar levels. If you do those things, you're swaying blue, regardless of pH or mineral ratios.

This isn't like the IG site in that we don't have one "OFFICIAL" diet and everyone has to follow it or they get yelled at. We are here to provide info and then you can decide what plan is best for you.

nuthinbutpink is more of a believer in the French Diet than I am (I believe the French diet sways but I am not convinced that minerals have anything at all to do with it) but that's fine, you can do both. I wouldn't sweat the magnesium levels for the exact reason you say - most healthy foods have magnesium in them and it is highly unlikely to me that given that fact, that super low magnesium levels are required to conceive a baby boy.

I htink pH ~might~ sway a little because low pH lowers sperm count. I do not think that X sperm "like" one kind of pH or Y sperm "like" another kind of pH. BOTH X and Y sperm thrive in pH in the 7's.

Your pH will go up around ovulation, so just because it seems low-ish now (BTW 5-6 is not low at all for vaginal pH), I wouldn't worry about it. Keep checking and you may be pleasantly surprised around ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
From what I remember, the bs is a temporary change, but a lot of women did the finger for a week before their attempt. I only did it an hour before, because like ZB, it irritated me and made so much wateryness that I didn't want to mask my own ewcm leading up to O. I don't know about the preseed issue, Chunksta, but I guess it is the same thing.

Personally, I just tried to really up my salt and potassium intake, and I did eat a ton of meat, which lowers ph, but mine stayed in the 6 range. I was more interested in changing the minerals in my body and my testosterone. And then I used bsf and preseed right before my attempt, so there was that temporary ph change down there, just long enough to last while the fire was in the hole, so to speak.

All the "fingers" of this or that are temporary and regardless of what anyone says, they do NOT affect the pH up inside your Fallopian tube where the egg will be fertilized. At ovulation, every millimeter of your tissues inside your body is busily churning out mucus with pH in the 7's, to help sperm survive. What you put in your vagina doesn't change this because your body is making it from the inside out, any more than putting a fingerful of baking soda on your tongue will appreciably change the pH of your stomach acid. Yes, if you tested the pH of your mouth right afterwards, it would look higher, but your body will just make more stomach acid to compensate.

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
So, do you think it is worthless to do the bsf?

Zivic-Bubac
April 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM
As I understand it, bsf is done to give the y-swimmers better starting position and lower the number of x-swimmers ( that is if y -swimmers prefer high pH in the first place)

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM
On the magnesium levels, I've been dubious about the IG values for a long time. In the Dutch study they aimed for much higher for girls than 250-300, and it actually becomes hard to eat properly when you aim as low as 200. There's magnesium everywhere, as you say, and especially bananas contain quite a lot. I wouldn't worry :) .

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
So, do you think it is worthless to do the bsf?

Not worthless in the sense that it might raise the hostile pH of the vagina and help more sperm to survive, but I think it helps both genders and not one or the other and I don't think that a pH of 9 after a BSF has any bearing at all on the pH around the egg.

It's not necessary if you are making a lot of EWCM - both boys and girls were conceived long before the invention of baking soda/vinegar.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM
As I understand it, bsf is done to give the y-swimmers better starting position and lower the number of x-swimmers ( that is if y -swimmers prefer high pH in the first place)

I get why they do it, but I need to see some hard, compelling evidence that pH affects X and Y sperm differently. That evidence does not exist as of yet - a lot of the 'evidence' is from people selling stuff and not unbiased sources. And it's all based on the ideas of one veterinarian who lived a really long time ago and then Shettles who ran with the idea based on seeing capacitated and uncapacitated sperm in a microscope and mistaking them for Y and X sperm. Until I see this evidence I am operating under the assumption that low sperm numbers = more girls conceived and low pH reduces overall sperm count, rather than the idea that X and Y sperm prefer drastically different pH.