PDA

View Full Version : Find out in two hours -- feeling nauseous with anxiety

BZ94
January 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Our anatomy scan is in two hours and I've been a bit of a wreck all weekend -- crabby with DH and DS's and have felt nauseous for the last 12 hours just thinking about it. I THINK I've convinced myself it's a boy so that there will be less shock and disappointment at the ultrasound but I know I will still be a little bit crushed to learn I will never, ever have a daughter (this is our last, for sure!). The worst is all my friends and neighbors have been texting me nonstop wishing me luck and just being generally excited for me, and even though they insist they won't be disappointed if it's another boy, I still feel a lot of pressure there...I have dreams of finding out its a girl and going straight to the mall, but deep down I know I'll probably come home to mourn alone...

Don't get me wrong, I will LOVE my son the same way I absolutely love my other two. I just really want to experience both...

Keep your fingers crossed that the ring test and three internet psychics were CORRECT.

Thorz300
January 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM
GL fingers are crossed for you!

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good luck!

rainbowflower
January 14th, 2013, 07:51 AM
good luck!

Rainbow baby
January 14th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Hoping you have a healthy baby in there! Cant wait for an update! GL

True Blue
January 14th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Good Luck :luck:

Longingforgirl
January 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good luck!!! I know I will feel exactly the same way when I have my anatomy scan. Crossing my fingers for you!!

BZ94
January 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Well, the psychics were wrong--it's definitely boy #3 for us! Actually the waiting was much harder than actually knowing. There was definitely that moment of "wow, there goes my dream." But now it's easier to move on and start planning. Also putting the news on fb helped because everyone is leaving such nice comments. I'm sure I will have my GD moments but its actually much better than when I found out about DS 2. The hardest part was seeing my dh react--he had tears in his eyes and his face was sort of crumpled...I had no idea he even wanted a girl :(

rainbowflower
January 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM
*hugs* congratulations on your new boy, I'm sure he'll fit right in xx

Petal
January 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Congrats on your little boy, 3 boys are so wonderful :-)

WantingPink
January 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Congrats on your boy... I am sure I will be right there with you in a couple of weeks!! Sorry you didn't hear girl but I keep thinking about it and there is part of me that thinks that three boys would be great:) I know what you mean by the waiting is awful. I just wish someone would tell me and I am having another boy and put me out of the "not knowing" misery!!

Yuzu
January 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Congrats on your little boy. My third boy is the sweetest little thing. He's a real blessing. I hope the same for you!

letibe77
January 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Congrats to your third boy!

I'm also a 3-boy-mom - and I love them ALL! And my third one ist such a cutie! :awe:

With DS2 & DS3 I was very sad after the scan BOY! But after birth they went both straight into my heart!

my4leafclover
January 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM
BZ, congratulations on your boy. Three boys really is its own special thing. For my DS # 3' s 20 wk scan, I had my other two boys with me. My oldest was 4 at the time and when he heard "boy" he cried and was upset!! I ended up comforting him. I did not expect that. I was very sad for a few weeks then began to look at names and buy little things just for him. Now I have an amazing little trio.

Longingforgirl
January 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Congrats on your third boy! I am glad you are feeling better now that you know. I wish you all the best!

Rainbow baby
January 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
3 boys are awesome :)))) Congratz!!

Adia
January 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Congratulations on a third little man! That little prince will own your heart like no other, I promise!!!

Princess of Pink
January 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Congrats on your baby boy xo

Goodus
January 16th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Congrats!

tangiblewishes
January 16th, 2013, 03:55 PM
congrats on your lil boy! I'm glad the news didnt upset you! :)

Girlsway
January 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Congrats, I love your reaction and the attitude. I hope I will be also this positive in 3 months time :-)

My Three Sons
January 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Well, the psychics were wrong--it's definitely boy #3 for us! Actually the waiting was much harder than actually knowing. There was definitely that moment of "wow, there goes my dream." But now it's easier to move on and start planning. Also putting the news on fb helped because everyone is leaving such nice comments. I'm sure I will have my GD moments but its actually much better than when I found out about DS 2. The hardest part was seeing my dh react--he had tears in his eyes and his face was sort of crumpled...I had no idea he even wanted a girl :(

I was the same way when I found out DS #3. I cried at #2, but with #3 it was much easier.

wildwooddays
January 16th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Congrats on boy #3! I'm about to deliver soon and I will find out if I'm having boy #3 as well.

unsure!
January 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM
congratulations. I hope you are feeling ok.