PDA

View Full Version : Green tea or no green tea?

Flava
April 7th, 2011, 05:26 PM
In some post I read to drink lot's of green tea and other post says no green tea....now what??
I did buy some and making it for days now with truvia and lemon juice.
made DH to drink it too.:wink: but now Im not sure?

begonia
April 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm curious about this one too, Flava! Let's see if someone can help out ...

3Pink1Blue
April 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Lots of boy mom's here drank it and from personal experience it makes a crazy amount of ewcm. I never saw a post saying don't drink:worry:

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
FG diet all tea and coffee are fine for TTC boy- rich in potassium!

3Pink1Blue
April 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Woohoo!!!

Kazz2011
April 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I drank about 1-3 cups a day when TTC my boys, although at the time I didn't know it favored TTC a boy only that it helped with EWCM, which it did. :)

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 01:59 AM
I drink 3 cups a day with a dash of lemon juice!

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Green tea inhibit folic acid uptake by about 40% in cell cultures, so the researchers in the study recommended to drink it between meals if you're trying to become pregnant. When I drank it I drank it in the afternoons, just to be safe (I take my vitamins in the morning). But if you take really high doses of folic acid this shouldn't matter of course. I just chose not to (850 mcg a day), and was careful with the green tea instead (I didn't do BS or any of the boy drinks).

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks all!
Ok I don't ttc just yet...thinking to start in Oct. but if I would on full moon before Oct. I do it . So I kinda started the diet and sups. ( now if I could find some moon space calendar would be great and try to find my O every month:think:)
Anyway I got a lot's of EWCM this month! Maybe from the green tea...( also taking some sups)
It is ok for DH too??
All we drink before is diet pepsi ( really like all day ) so no we must find other drink. He need to drink a lot at work so have to come up with something...
We have club soda , V8 and other juice...but don't want lots of sugar and juice has sugar right?

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Green tea is absolutely fine for DH, just be careful with the caffeine, as it can build up.

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Oh good! I really like the stuff once I put lemon juice in it :-)

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Freya ty for the calendar!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
In some post I read to drink lot's of green tea and other post says no green tea....now what??
I did buy some and making it for days now with truvia and lemon juice.
made DH to drink it too.:wink: but now Im not sure? Hmmm I thought green tea was ALL good for TTC boy! I didn't see that other post??

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Green tea inhibit folic acid uptake by about 40% in cell cultures, so the researchers in the study recommended to drink it between meals if you're trying to become pregnant. When I drank it I drank it in the afternoons, just to be safe (I take my vitamins in the morning). But if you take really high doses of folic acid this shouldn't matter of course. I just chose not to (850 mcg a day), and was careful with the green tea instead (I didn't do BS or any of the boy drinks).

Yes, and this is something that REALLY can happen. Before I TTC DS 3 (I wasn't swaying) I drank green tea every day and he DOES have spina bifida even though I took a prenatal with folic acid. With DS 4 I took a lot more folic acid and he is fine.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 04:15 AM
I did have so much less EWCM the month I was drinking green tea- so I am not going to drink it!

Zivic-Bubac
April 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Green tea is not a good idea for dh since it raises estrogen.
But it obviously has other blue swaying ingredients when taken by dw. I'm drinking it religiously, 1 large cup in the morning ( but maybe I'll start drinking it in the afternoon bcos it inhibits FA absorption....)

begonia
April 9th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hmmm I thought green tea was ALL good for TTC boy! I didn't see that other post??

The sticky about ways to increase testosterone has a reply, I think maybe from Skrimpy? that says ... "OK a few notes - firstly, Viene noted that green tea can increase estrogen so we will stay away from that for trying for a boy."

Maybe this is where some of us are getting confused on green tea? Am I reading that incorrectly? It seems to indicate a negative for green tea w/ swaying boy.

Is it just me or the more I read the more I feel like so many things can go either way?!?! Ah the confusion of swaying ...

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I did have so much less EWCM the month I was drinking green tea- so I am not going to drink it!

Same here... had pretty much no ewcm? Does green tea do this? I thought this is why we drank it lol to make ewcm :S

Hobbermittens
April 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I have been drinking it daily. I plan to use it as part of my sway. I have been drinking decaf.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I finally stumbled onto that thread and read it!!! Thanks all for sharing where it was.

For now, most of the evidence says green tea is good for blue and I would keep drinking it to TTC blue. But if you find that it dries up CM maybe that is a sign that it isn't the best choice for you.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Green tea is not a good idea for dh since it raises estrogen.
But it obviously has other blue swaying ingredients when taken by dw. I'm drinking it religiously, 1 large cup in the morning ( but maybe I'll start drinking it in the afternoon bcos it inhibits FA absorption....)

ARe you taking your FA in one dose?? If at all possible, it's better absorbed if you divide it into 4-6 doses and take them throughout the day, morning, lunch, afternoon, and bedtime. Otherwise you pee out a lot of it.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:30 PM
The sticky about ways to increase testosterone has a reply, I think maybe from Skrimpy? that says ... "OK a few notes - firstly, Viene noted that green tea can increase estrogen so we will stay away from that for trying for a boy."

Maybe this is where some of us are getting confused on green tea? Am I reading that incorrectly? It seems to indicate a negative for green tea w/ swaying boy.

Is it just me or the more I read the more I feel like so many things can go either way?!?! Ah the confusion of swaying ...

I know, right?? So frustrating. We'll crack it yet!

Plum3
September 7th, 2011, 07:23 AM
OK, I am really confused about this green tea business now. I have been drinking it for months now and I really enjoy it now. DH has been drinking it for a while too but since we have just started our boy diet I have told him to stop. I'm just trying to work out if the antioxidants in it are more of a benefit than the risk of it lowering estrogen for me/increasing it for DH (since there is dispute on whether it lowers or increases estrogen). I really hope I'm making sense! Basically I just want to know if I should keep drinking it even though we don't know for sure whether it increases or decreases estrogen. How big a part in swaying does estrogen actually play?

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I think the antioxidant and fertility boosting benefits of green tea as a part of the overall High-Everything-style diet outweighs any potential risks to the estrogen. This one I did look into (unlike the flaxseed D'OH) and the estrogen lowering stuff is very very minor.

If you were following a very limited low-cal diet and were drinking a lot of green tea, then it may be that it might have some anti-blue effect, but with everything else we do to sway blue, it totally counteracts the effects of the green tea because they just aren't that significant.

Plus, I do know from firsthand experience you can conceive boys drinking a lot of green tea (because DH and I drank it with DS 3) and I've seen several people drinking green tea for their blue sway.

Honestly I am still not convinced that sky high estrogen = boys anyway.