PDA

View Full Version : Study on ramzis method

Wanting-a-girl
January 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
The Relationship Between Placental Location and Fetal Gender (Ramzi (http://hcp.obgyn.net/content/article/1760982/1878451)

BabyGirl4Me
January 14th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Interesting... My baby's placenta was at the front of my uterus, not to the right or left. What does that mean? Is that uncommon?

yamanote
January 15th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Hmmm....so interesting!

Well, so far in my 2ww everything I feel is on the left. Hopefully that's a good sign for a pink bfp!

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry the side you feel things on has nothing to do with implantation. hopefully you'll hear good news!!

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Interesting... My baby's placenta was at the front of my uterus, not to the right or left. What does that mean? Is that uncommon?

totally normal and also why you have to only go off ultrasound taken at a certain point by a specialluck trained tech

MamaK4
February 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I just looked back at my 3 boys' early u/s (all done at 7-8 weeks). All 3 are on the right. I have an u/s this week and I'll be 6w6d, can't wait to see what it shows!

Sway&Wish
February 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
You are best off to ask and not rely on the picture (because they are imaging you on different planes, angles, etc., many pictures don't contain any information about the left/right side of the body).

Good luck!

2boys1girl
February 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I felt everything on the right with this pregnancy early on(cramps, twinges that I were sure were implantation etc) and swayed for girl. I drove myself crazy researching Ramzi and prematurely feeling disappointed and beating myself up over my sway. Well...I'm having a girl!! Try not to stress too much on what side you "feel" things on. Good luck!

Tree
February 19th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Is the side you ovulate meant to determine the sex?

Sway&Wish
February 20th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I just read a study about this. Some people think that girls are more likely when you ovulate on the left, however, the study found this is not really the case (or at least a complete explanation). They found that looking at the sides on which women ovulated over a three month period was related to successful pregnancy outcomes and the sex ratio. The major findings were that ovulating LLR predicted a better chance of a successful pregnancy and greater than expected number of boys (70% in this one sample). Ovulating LLL predicted a lower chance of a successful pregnancy and more girls than chance. The other variations were less conclusive (i.e., they were different from the LLR group but not necessarily different than chance/50-50). The theory is that the right side does indicate better fertility and when it has more of a chance to recover before producing a new egg, fertility is maximized. The same premise works on the left side, but to a lesser extent (so LRL, seemed to produce somewhat more boys, but not significantly). Overall, the study concluded that monitoring sides of ovulation may help people trying to maximize their odds at successful IVF (or at least move research in the direction to do so).

So, it is complicated, and likely, there is little to no predictive value in knowing the side from which you ovulate!

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I need an essay on this, but basically what seems to be the case is that righty is the dominant ovary and in anyone with good fertility, righty is popping out eggs more often. Lefty is kind of a backup and may start ovulating when things aren't working quite right. So I believe that all this left vs. right bizness may just be an artifact of lower vs. higher fertilty - if you ovulate LLR, your condition may be improving and your fertility improving. If you ovulate LLL your condition may be lower and something awry with your fertility. Then maybe the bean goes onto implant in the Ramzi pattern as a result of the side of ovulation.

Reminder - you CANNOT predict or tell what side you are going to ovulate on, or have ovulated on, on the basis of O pain or any other factor besides an ultrasound. You CANNOT tell what side your baby has implanted on, on the basis of cramping on one side of your uterus. O pain/O cramping does NOT work or help in any way at all and so no one should read in false hope or false despair from it.

harleyquinn
February 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Cannot some women feel the corpus luteum cyst? I had tenderness in my right in the weeks after bfp and sure enough on my ultrasound, ovulated from the right.

I have also read somewhere, lower left pains near uterus are usually gas collecting right there before it exits LOL

kaseybaby
February 21st, 2013, 02:48 PM
If this study is as accurate as reported, why isn't the gender determination used in every day DX and offices? This was done quite a while ago, and every doctor or tech I have asked have either said they haven't heard of it, or it holds no merit. Have there been follow up studies by independent sources? I am honestly asking, because i have no idea, but it seems odd to me if it is as accurate as claimed that it isn't used.

Tree
February 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
I can feel the side I ovulate on, has been confirmed by us a few times!

redroses
March 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much for this, this is me right now, and before I got my bfp.I feel better after reading your story, and happy outcome :)
I felt everything on the right with this pregnancy early on(cramps, twinges that I were sure were implantation etc) and swayed for girl. I drove myself crazy researching Ramzi and prematurely feeling disappointed and beating myself up over my sway. Well...I'm having a girl!! Try not to stress too much on what side you "feel" things on. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I can feel the side I ovulate on, has been confirmed by us a few times!

Ok, but that DOES NOT mean that it's true for anyone else, or even for you in other months. There are tons of people on here who swore on the Bible that they O'ed on a certain side and found out later that they had Oed on a totally different side.

The ovaries develop 15-20 eggs in BOTH sides every month and this can cause pain. The tubes BOTH cramp after ovulation. There is no reliable way that people can tell what side they Oed on.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cannot some women feel the corpus luteum cyst? I had tenderness in my right in the weeks after bfp and sure enough on my ultrasound, ovulated from the right.

I have also read somewhere, lower left pains near uterus are usually gas collecting right there before it exits LOL

No. Even if it was true for you that particular time, a person has no way of knowing if that is the case for them. There are tons of reasons why you might feel pain in early pg that have nothing do to with the CL cyst and it could very well be totally coincidence. People have pain in their jaw with heart attacks and pain in their shoulder with a ruptured fallopian tube - your pain sensors on the inside are just not sensitive enough to be reliable.

Sorry if I sound overly passionate but several people have messaged me wanting to take the morning after pill on the basis of having pain on a particular side. :( Even if some people might be able to tell some of the time, the vast majority of the time you cannot rely on pains at all to tell you where you ovulated from and certainly not where in yoru womb an embryo may be trying to implant.

Tree
March 27th, 2013, 12:33 PM
No. Even if it was true for you that particular time, a person has no way of knowing if that is the case for them. There are tons of reasons why you might feel pain in early pg that have nothing do to with the CL cyst and it could very well be totally coincidence. People have pain in their jaw with heart attacks and pain in their shoulder with a ruptured fallopian tube - your pain sensors on the inside are just not sensitive enough to be reliable.

Sorry if I sound overly passionate but several people have messaged me wanting to take the morning after pill on the basis of having pain on a particular side. :( Even if some people might be able to tell some of the time, the vast majority of the time you cannot rely on pains at all to tell you where you ovulated from and certainly not where in yoru womb an embryo may be trying to implant.

That is terrible!! The morning after pill bit. Really sad. My goodness, as much as I'd love a girl any child is a gift and I think anyone who has had a loss would agree and hopefully most who haven't. We must not loose sight of the fact that we are making people here, and what a miracle that is, whether they are a boy or a girl.
Sorry... Got a bit passionate there myself...

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
People get desperate and scared, I don't blame them for that. GD sucks. :(

I just wanted to make sure people understand why I make such a point of clarifying, because most people just can't tell from pains and so peopel should not despair or rejoice on the basis of where they had a twinge. :)

Tree
April 22nd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Ok, but that DOES NOT mean that it's true for anyone else, or even for you in other months. There are tons of people on here who swore on the Bible that they O'ed on a certain side and found out later that they had Oed on a totally different side.

The ovaries develop 15-20 eggs in BOTH sides every month and this can cause pain. The tubes BOTH cramp after ovulation. There is no reliable way that people can tell what side they Oed on.

Here to eat my words... Was absolutely certain I ovulated from my left side, felt ovulation pains there and since beginning of pregnancy have had twinges on the left - which I assumed to be the corpus luteum... Well today at 5wks 5days I had a scan, and apparently I ovulated from my right! Would have bet anything I'd ovulated from the left so goes to show that where you feel things doesn't determine anything!

aftmjt
April 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Here to eat my words... Was absolutely certain I ovulated from my left side, felt ovulation pains there and since beginning of pregnancy have had twinges on the left - which I assumed to be the corpus luteum... Well today at 5wks 5days I had a scan, and apparently I ovulated from my right! Would have bet anything I'd ovulated from the left so goes to show that where you feel things doesn't determine anything!

Did you sway why are you hoping for?
I'm curious to know if this method is correct

Tree
April 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Did you sway why are you hoping for?
I'm curious to know if this method is correct

Yup swayed. Hoping for a girl so hope the theory isn't correct... :-)
Having said that a healthy baby is my top priority, plus I absolutely adore my boys and am sure I will absolutely adore whoever else comes along irrespective of gender!

Tree
April 22nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
I have a question about this theory - I can't view the link. Is the association between the side you ovulate and gender or the side implantation occurs and gender? Or do the side you ovulate and implant go hand in hand and its the combination that's associated with one gender or another?

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM

Thank you so much for updating, I really appreciate it.

The exact same thing happened to Zanacal - she Oed from the other side than she thought she did and had really bad O pains on the side that didn't ovulate.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I have a question about this theory - I can't view the link. Is the association between the side you ovulate and gender or the side implantation occurs and gender? Or do the side you ovulate and implant go hand in hand and its the combination that's associated with one gender or another?

They don't know. My suspicion is that yes, there is some correlation and this may be the reason Ramzi works, and also has to do with the way that more ectopics are XX and more placenta previas are XY. But we just don't know.

Tree
April 22nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
They don't know. My suspicion is that yes, there is some correlation and this may be the reason Ramzi works, and also has to do with the way that more ectopics are XX and more placenta previas are XY. But we just don't know.

So does the theory actually work then... Am I likely having another boy do you think?