PDA

View Full Version : Soooo want to buy this, but so afraid to buy this...

BabyGirl4Me
January 14th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I really want to buy this and put my baby girl's name on it (Elizabeth) but I'm too afraid that buying this will ginx my sway and cause it to fail.

Baby/Child Princess Charm Personalized Name Bracelet by Kell22j (http://www.etsy.com/listing/69653912/babychild-princess-charm-personalized)

On the other hand, maybe it would put positive energy out into the universe that I really want a daughter and that it belongs on my next baby's hand. Ugh, should I buy it now or should I wait...? I don't want any more blue baby things. I want lots of baby things that are PINK!!!

Goodus
January 16th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I'm sure it'll still be there when you get your pink bundle :) I would be afraid to get it though. I do have a pink onesie under my pillow so maybe u can get it and put it under your pillow.

hotdogz&boyz
January 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
For that price, buy it. Sure, it might hurt to have to put it away for another child or even to have to get rid of it if this is your last child. But, if it gives you hope and helps you concentrate on getting that girl, I think you should do it. Swaying has a mental aspect as well and doing something like this is no different than putting a pink onsie under the bed or wearing lots of pink yourself.

fish2012
January 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM
i wouldn't but that's me i'd be worried about jinxing the whole preggie but that's just me!

Butterfly Spirit
January 18th, 2013, 05:30 PM
The price is great! wOw! I was searching for a little bracelet for my baby today too, it was DH idea first, and I had one when I was a baby.
My 2 cents:
If you really want it then go ahead and get it. You could even look at it daily! Just whatever you feel will help your sway!
My #1 sway tactic was being calm and POSITIVE!
When I was swaying.. my constant reminders were: My genuine - ion bracelet, I wore it 24/7..and my pink salt rock lamp maybe some call me silly for using those things, but I feel that they worked for me! I even had to let pink into my life.. I despised it for years.. but I thought.. I need to change that.. and I bought a hot pink and zebra flowered purse and started wearing PINK. I became pink and welcomed it into my life!
Also, I used visual imagery.. with each sway attempt and even before ovulation I pictured that female sperm beating the male sperm to the egg and the time I believe I conceived I laid still after BD 45 mins or so and imagined playing with my daughter and talking to her.. then I pictured her telling me: 'It was time' and we said goodbye.
Things like that can work very well for your sway.. you just need to believe what you are doing is what works for you. I wouldn't change my sway, I'd do it all over again. :)

BabyGirl4Me
January 21st, 2013, 09:55 AM
Ladies, thank you sooooo much for the input. It's greatly appreciated. So the update: I did go ahead and order the bracelet for my baby Elizabeth. I also ordered one for my son that actually looks like a necklace my Dad bought for himself a few years ago on vacation in the Caribbean so they'll be like twins. :) I feel really good about my decision and I'll keep swaying and praying that my baby girl Elizabeth is already with me. :)

Also, one more thing to share: My DS' birthday party was this weekend and one of the first gifts that my DH opened had a pink card in it, and the greeting inside was something along the lines of "congratulations on your little baby girl." Well, it turned out someone brought a gift for someone else to the party by mistake, however...I personally feel that was a really good sign and omen of things to come. I mean, what are the odds of that happening realistically that we'd open a pink card that says "congratulations on your baby girl" at my DS' party anyway? I really do believe it's a good omen.

Do you think it's a good omen or am I reading too much into this? Input greatly appreciated, even if it's just that I'm reading too much into it. Thank you!

I Love Ladybugs
January 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Buy it!!! I have a little ladybug sleeper that I look at and think of my future baby girl....ok, I have a few ladybug dresses as well that will look great on my girl when she decides to join our family!!!

sbowman
January 21st, 2013, 09:33 PM
I would probably buy it, but that's just me. I don't believe in "jinxes." I do however believe in signs, and would take the card as a good omen.

Praying4Pink
January 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
BabyGirl4Me: I don't believe in jinxes or whatnot but I do believe that things that are in our hearts should not be denied. I kept seeing this Ad on Zulily and there were the cutest girl outfits. Well I bought one still not knowing if baby #2 is a girl or boy. Why? Because if God decides to give me a little girl then I want her to have something that I bought in faith for her. Now you will have the same thing for your little girl. Oh and the card could be a sign or it could be a fluke. But keep on hoping and wishing for that little girl honey.

BTW: Love the name Elizabeth...mainly because it is my middle name, lol though spelled a bit differently.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Ooo it's darling!!

PS - I think Zulilly is EVIL. I spent way too much there and now that DH is not working I can't even stand it LOL!!! :)

Praying4Pink
January 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Ooo it's darling!!

PS - I think Zulilly is EVIL. I spent way too much there and now that DH is not working I can't even stand it LOL!!! :)

Atomic - Zulily IS EVIL!!!! OMG I can't hardly stand it because I want to buy stuff so bad and I just can't buy another girl item until my u/s next Tuesday. I tell you what though...Come Tuesday if I hear girl...Look out Zulily, lol.

Mrs_P
January 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
i brought something girly before my sway to give me a little hope and a real excuse to by pink and the motivation it brought me helped me stick to the diet. Not brought anything since being pregnant though (or looked at my hoard - am too scared to jinx anything now) but there is nothing wrong with dreaming