PDA

View Full Version : ??? Amounts of sex to have a gender ???

purplepoet20
April 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM
One of my cousins just annouced they are expecting #4, they have 3 girls so yes they want a boy. They were told by a Dr to have a lot of sex if you want a sex so less sex for a boy??? The theory is the girl sperm will be waiting in the F-tubes for the egg to be released and I am guessing the boy sperm my have died off. Has anyone heard of this or done it?

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2011, 09:17 PM
They were told by a Dr to have a lot of sex if you want a sex so less sex for a boy???

I don't follow- is that typed correctly? He told them a lot of sex for a girl? Most first babies are boys, so I would think if anything, the more sex you have, the more likely you are to have a boy and I know more older moms have more girls, so assuming sex tapers off, more girls. Obviuosly, there are more factors at play but just playing along with him!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 08:53 AM
One of my cousins just annouced they are expecting #4, they have 3 girls so yes they want a boy. They were told by a Dr to have a lot of sex if you want a sex so less sex for a boy??? The theory is the girl sperm will be waiting in the F-tubes for the egg to be released and I am guessing the boy sperm my have died off. Has anyone heard of this or done it?

This is standard Shettles. He believed that frequent BD through O swayed pink because he thought that the X sperm were bigger and slower and lived longer, so if you did frequent BD, the X sperm would have slowly made their way to the egg and been waiting there (as most of the faster Y sperm died off.) so there would be way more X on hand to fertilize the egg.

Here is the problem with Shettles. HE WAS WRONG. He mistook uncapacitated/capacitated sperm for X and Y sperm, his entire theory is based on that mistake.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1562-What-are-the-REAL-differences-between-X-sperm-and-Y-sperm&highlight=real+differences+sperm X and Y sperm are very similar in size and shape, they swim about the same speed and live about the same amount of time. If anything, the Y may actually even live a bit longer than X!!

People have done dozens if not hundreds of studies on timing and found NO correlation that indicates timing works in any kind of reliable fashion. I believe that it is the ABSTINENCE part of Shettles that sways pink, not the timing.

DTD a lot (say, 5 days in a row at O) may sway ~blue~ rather than pink because it increases the numbers of sperm on hand to fertilize an egg BUT if a man DTD enough to produce less sperm, then there will be less sperm on hand and will sways pink. That's why if you go for frequent release, you ahve to REALLY do frequent release every day (or more) because if you don't do it often enough, the spermies just seem to get encouraged LOL.

purplepoet20
April 8th, 2011, 05:55 PM
They were told by a Dr to have a lot of sex if you want a sex so less sex for a boy???

I don't follow- is that typed correctly? He told them a lot of sex for a girl? Most first babies are boys, so I would think if anything, the more sex you have, the more likely you are to have a boy and I know more older moms have more girls, so assuming sex tapers off, more girls. Obviuosly, there are more factors at play but just playing along with him!

oops sorry...ment lots of sex for a girl!!!

purplepoet20
April 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Well I hope that my cuz only BD once close to O... He has the cutest girls but needs a boy. The only good news is he is one of my Mormon cousins so he may have more kids.

fivebabies
April 9th, 2011, 12:48 AM
You bring up your "Mormon cousins" a lot...are you LDS?

purplepoet20
April 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
No it is funny because I am Catholic and believe to the joy of kids but one of my uncles married a mormon a long time ago.... I love my aunt. They had 6 kids together and then he had 3 more with another lady. But they are good for my research into gender swaying.... they let me ask a million questions about how they got their kids. A few of them had a good mix of B and G, 2 have 3 girls each and expected (1 is a boy), a few other gave up after 4 girls, and 2 don't have any kids.